Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hre2breal

Where do dreams come from

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hre2breal
1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

 

Is there a Scientific Explanation for this : 

what are ... Dreams..??

 

Mo..xx

I believe dreams are from a broad range of areas in our Mind an Brain...Could dreams that come from our Mind/thiughts be different from our Brain /thoughts...Meaning The brain has a purpose of function to orchestrate the everyday operations of our body....The mind however is free to explore an be curious in our everyday life....Could there be a difference in the dream patterns if the structure is indeed this way....ie Vivid dreaming like real life dreaming is that based on experiences or fantasy..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

"While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Indwelling Spirit Guides try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Indwelling Spirit Guides. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the Indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep."

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

"While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Indwelling Spirit Guides try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Indwelling Spirit Guides. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the Indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep."

 

 

Chur chur My Brutha..

I like your Explanation very much.:yes: ....

I know the Right Brain is The Feminine Energy, This Energy is the Visuals.. 

And yes, In Waking life, we can get distracted.. So when dreaming, the Mind will put messages in, to help you, the Dreamer, to Realise subconsciously what you may not Consciously ..

The Subconscious Mind is a sponge.. It misses nothing. It accepts everything in its surroundings Uncritically ..

Then relays back to you in the Dream Time .

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

Here's some more:

"If one is disposed to recognize a theoretical subconscious mind as a practical working hypothesis in the otherwise unified intellectual life, then, to be consistent, one should postulate a similar and corresponding realm of ascending intellectual activity as the superconscious level, the zone of immediate contact with the indwelling spirit entity, the Thought Adjuster. The great danger in all these psychic speculations is that visions and other so-called mystic experiences, along with extraordinary dreams, may be regarded as divine communications to the human mind. In times past, divine beings have revealed themselves to certain God-knowing persons, not because of their mystic trances or morbid visions, but in spite of all these phenomena."

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal

Awesome Will an MO,...Hey I just realised I have a thread...How ummm amazing...

Firstly Will excellent thought prcess there with your post..Indwelling spirit guides through our mortal selves registering creations of a higher realm from our material minds...absolutely fasinating ..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

I've pondered what dreams are for, for many years. Who hasn't? Usually mine are rather perturbing and tend to be that release of "pressure of unexpressed emotions."

I've dealt with my variegated night dreams based on knowing that they should not be taken as signs or messages, or anything else for that matter.

That they're just a kind of misfiring of the realm of the upper or higher mind to make spiritual contact with the lower mind. An attempt to register spiritual concepts from above while asleep, which then are invariably messed up by whatever strong emotions I experienced during the day.

To be honest, I wish I didn't have dreams at night. They're always waking me up!

Can I please get a good, undisturbed night's sleep - OH GOD?

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Here's some more:

"If one is disposed to recognize a theoretical subconscious mind as a practical working hypothesis in the otherwise unified intellectual life, then, to be consistent, one should postulate a similar and corresponding realm of ascending intellectual activity as the superconscious level, the zone of immediate contact with the indwelling spirit entity, the Thought Adjuster. The great danger in all these psychic speculations is that visions and other so-called mystic experiences, along with extraordinary dreams, may be regarded as divine communications to the human mind. In times past, divine beings have revealed themselves to certain God-knowing persons, not because of their mystic trances or morbid visions, but in spite of all these phenomena."

 

 

Brilliance at its finest:nw:

Edited by Hre2breal
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Here's some more:

"If one is disposed to recognize a theoretical subconscious mind as a practical working hypothesis in the otherwise unified intellectual life, then, to be consistent, one should postulate a similar and corresponding realm of ascending intellectual activity as the superconscious level, the zone of immediate contact with the indwelling spirit entity, the Thought Adjuster. The great danger in all these psychic speculations is that visions and other so-called mystic experiences, along with extraordinary dreams, may be regarded as divine communications to the human mind. In times past, divine beings have revealed themselves to certain God-knowing persons, not because of their mystic trances or morbid visions, but in spite of all these phenomena."

 

 

Dang Will ..

You are Brilliant.. I'd like to know more of your Knowledge..

Like I said...your Brilliant..

Mo..xx

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, Hre2breal said:

Brilliance at its finiest:nw:

 

Keep in mind that I was quoting in my posts from the UB.

Those are not my words.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
Just now, Will Due said:

 

Keep in mind that I was quoting in my posts from the UB.

Those are not my words.

That UB book has a lot of great knowledge..

If only others could see how Wise its teachings are .. All info is Knowledge..

Fascinating Will ... Truly ..

Thankyou to you and the UB..

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

I've pondered what dreams are for, for many years. Who hasn't? Usually mine are rather perturbing and tend to be that release of "pressure of unexpressed emotions."

I've dealt with my variegated night dreams based on knowing that they should not be taken as signs or messages, or anything else for that matter.

That they're just a kind of misfiring of the realm of the upper or higher mind to make spiritual contact with the lower mind. An attempt to register spiritual concepts from above while asleep, which then are invariably messed up by whatever strong emotions I experienced during the day.

To be honest, I wish I didn't have dreams at night. They're always waking me up!

Can I please get a good, undisturbed night's sleep - OH GOD?

 

 

Yes, Dreams have been an Integral part in waking life ..

For Me .. I used to have Many Dreams on Floods and Fire balls, spewing forth from Volcanos, and in many dreams, I'm not me, I'm someone else, sometimes a man, sometimes a woman .. And I see the Deaths of these People ..

I can remember dreams as far back as 3 yrs old ..

Do you have trouble with dreams, I saw you say, they are waking you up.?

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

Yes, Dreams have been an Integral part in waking life ..

For Me .. I used to have Many Dreams on Floods and Fire balls, spewing forth from Volcanos, and in many dreams, I'm not me, I'm someone else, sometimes a man, sometimes a woman .. And I see the Deaths of these People ..

I can remember dreams as far back as 3 yrs old ..

Do you trouble with dreams, I saw you say, they are waking you up.?

Mo..xx

 

Not any more thank God. Age, it's nice to get old.

But when I was younger, a whole different story.

For some reason I tended to pent up A LOT of "unexpressed emotions" which came bursting out at night. Every night. I used to be a "bad vibration sponge."

Reading those things above helped me to get it figured out. But the main thing that solved the problem was surrounding myself with those in my family who love me and limiting and eventually eliminating contact with those in my family and friends who don't love themselves and think nothing of forcing their misdirection on me.

It took too long, but it's over now.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Not any more thank God. Age, it's nice to get old.

But when I was younger, a whole different story.

For some reason I tended to pent up A LOT of "unexpressed emotions" which came bursting out at night. Every night. I used to be a "bad vibration sponge."

Reading those things above helped me to get it figured out. But the main thing that solved the problem was surrounding myself with those in my family who love me and limiting and eventually eliminating contact with those in my family and friends who don't love themselves and think nothing of forcing their misdirection on me.

It took too long, but it's over now.

 

 

I am glad it's over Will ..

Yes, I understand ..

Pent up Energy, must be released, and in a way, through your dreams though not nice. Was the release necessary, or you may have been a Walking Time Bomb.. Dreams normally reflect the Outer World ..

Surrounding yourself with love and positivity is the way, and limiting the time around negative vibes is great advice .. Sometimes it can't be helped, who we must be around, family for one .. But having the time limit helps, because it keeps your mind healthy and you dont feel too much Emotional Carnage that can happen from being in certain peoples Space ..

I am so glad to know its Over Will..

Thank the Gods.. Oh and LOVE ..!! Oh and that Awesome UB..

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

Hey, here's something else you might find interesting:

 

Quote

Probably the greatest single factor in the evolution of human society was the ghost dream. Although most dreams greatly perturbed the primitive mind, the ghost dream actually terrorized early men, driving these superstitious dreamers into each other's arms in willing and earnest association for mutual protection against the vague and unseen imaginary dangers of the spirit world. The ghost dream was one of the earliest appearing differences between the animal and human types of mind. Animals do not visualize survival after death.

Except for this ghost factor, all society was founded on fundamental needs and basic biologic urges. But ghost fear introduced a new factor in civilization, a fear which reaches out and away from the elemental needs of the individual, and which rises far above even the struggles to maintain the group. The dread of the departed spirits of the dead brought to light a new and amazing form of fear, an appalling and powerful terror, which contributed to whipping the loose social orders of early ages into the more thoroughly disciplined and better controlled primitive groups of ancient times. This senseless superstition, some of which still persists, prepared the minds of men, through superstitious fear of the unreal and the supernatural, for the later discovery of "the fear of the Lord which is the beginning of wisdom." The baseless fears of evolution are designed to be supplanted by the awe for Deity inspired by revelation. The early cult of ghost fear became a powerful social bond, and ever since that far-distant day mankind has been striving more or less for the attainment of spirituality.

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Keep in mind that I was quoting in my posts from the UB.

Those are not my words.

 

 

I find its still very awesome knowledge so thank you Will...I believe dreams can be visions of what has been, what is now an what possibly can be an so much more..Such an subtle entanglement of material an non material junctions within our realitivity an subconcious realm shifting an adjusting places so the mind becomes flexible an not so constantly stuck in ground hog day...Freely inspiring our mind to progress an be adventerous ie..take the labels of things an see them as meaning other things...

It can also be for me a way of feeling certain emotions attached to different actions without the physicality of my body being involved. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
3 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

I find its still very awesome knowledge so thank you Will...I believe dreams can be visions of what has been, what is now an what possibly can be an so much more..Such an subtle entanglement of material an non material junctions within our realitivity an subconcious realm shifting an adjusting places so the mind becomes flexible an not so constantly stuck in ground hog day...Freely inspiring our mind to progress an be adventerous ie..take the labels of things an see them as meaning other things...

It can also be for me a way of feeling certain emotions attached to different actions without the physicality of my body being involved. 

 

Yes, your thoughts are all very interesting.

Now that we're talking about it, I'm beginning to think that perhaps night dreams were put in place in human life as a sort of cushion. A safety valve, and at the same time a picture. A window on the future. A glimpse of the yet unachieved harmony with the ALL.

It's pretty amazing.

This life.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Hey, here's something else you might find intetesting:

 

 

 

This was awesome my friend ..

Thankyou very much ..

Where can I get this book from Will .. Its a fascinating book.. Truly ..

And I like the info in it ..

Its very Amazing .. I love the above info.. Ghost Dreams ...Wow..

I see sense in it .. I truly do ..

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Yes, your thoughts are all very interesting.

Now that we're talking about it, I'm beginning to think that perhaps night dreams were put in place in human life as a sort of cushion. A safety valve, and at the same time a picture. A window on the future. A glimpse of the yet unachieved harmony with the ALL.

It's pretty amazing.

This life.

 

 

Yes indeed Will you an me both..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Yes, your thoughts are all very interesting.

Now that we're talking about it, I'm beginning to think that perhaps night dreams were put in place in human life as a sort of cushion. A safety valve, and at the same time a picture. A window on the future. A glimpse of the yet unachieved harmony with the ALL.

It's pretty amazing.

This life.

 

 

:tu: ...

Thats a good analogy ..

This life is Absolutely Amazing ..

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
23 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

I find its still very awesome knowledge so thank you Will...I believe dreams can be visions of what has been, what is now an what possibly can be an so much more..Such an subtle entanglement of material an non material junctions within our realitivity an subconcious realm shifting an adjusting places so the mind becomes flexible an not so constantly stuck in ground hog day...Freely inspiring our mind to progress an be adventerous ie..take the labels of things an see them as meaning other things...

It can also be for me a way of feeling certain emotions attached to different actions without the physicality of my body being involved. 

Atamarie My Whanau ..

Yes its Very much like that ..

You are very Learned my friend .. And Very Fierce too ... Yesss!!!

I am Happy to know you and Thankyou for all your Support.. You are A ManaMaoriToa.. Heart of a Lion ..xx

You Have My Admiration and My Respect...

Arohanuikiakoe..

MauriOra.. xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal

Aww MO you are so very welcome I get a tad over passionated ( if thats a word) about our tipuna or family who have passed over or away...I dont think its fair that they are critized an spoken of in a manner that cannot be defended as they are no longer with us..

It gets the ole heckles up hahaha. But thank you..You too are a wahine toa I know this an Im very proud of you too your a very fine ambassador for Maori an NZ an it is truly a pleasure to know you also...Yay you the bomb girl...:nw:..xo..

Edited by Hre2breal
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
8 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

This was awesome my friend ..

Thankyou very much ..

Where can I get this book from Will .. Its a fascinating book.. Truly ..

And I like the info in it ..

Its very Amazing .. I love the above info.. Ghost Dreams ...Wow..

I see sense in it .. I truly do ..

Mo..xx

 

You can read it all online at no cost here 

http://bigbluebook.org/

Or on any of a couple of other Urantia Book websites. But there's nothing like having a hard copy in your hands to read. It can be ordered wherever books are sold online for about twenty bucks and delivered to your house.

The UB websites also have search engines that are useful too.

But just remember, everything that anyone really needs to know is accessible on the inside. Where all true knowledge alteady resides.

But the info that's provided in the UB is like nothing that can be found in any other book.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

 

You can read it all online at no cost here 

http://bigbluebook.org/

Or on any of a couple of other Urantia Book websites. But there's nothing like having a hard copy in your hands to read. It can be ordered wherever books are sold online for about twenty bucks and delivered to your house.

The UB websites also have search engines that are useful too.

But just remember, everything that anyone really needs to know is accessible on the inside. Where all true knowledge already resides.

But the info that's provided in the UB is like nothing that can be found in any other book.

 

 

Thankyou will ..

Yeah I love knowledge and I Love Books, Always have since a wee little lass ..lol..

And I'd like to have a Book in my hands ..

Yes, I access my Inner Knowledge, and Trust it very Much, ..still what you speak of in the UB fascinates me, and when I'm fascinated and excited about something, I learn more ....am glad its like No Other Book..

Thankyou again Will ..

Mo..xx

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal

Oh I so agree that would truly be an asset to own ..Such wisdom an knowledge is hard to come by...Big ups to the UB...Love it ..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
18 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Aww MO you are so very welcome I get a tad over passionated ( if thats a word) about our tipuna or family who have passed over or away...I dont think its fair that they are critized an spoken of in a manner that cannot be defended as they are no longer with us..

It gets the ole heckles up hahaha. But thank you..You too are a wahine toa I know this an Im very proud of you too your a very fine ambassador for Maori an NZ an it is truly a pleasure to know you also...Yay you the bomb girl...:nw:..xo..

Aaaawwww..

TinoAtaahuaAhau ..Beautiful..

Thankyou My Friend.. He ManawaNui, With All My Heart ..

Yes the Tipuna is a No Go Zone.. And I understood your reasonings behind what you said.. Passionated is Now a Word. hee hee..

Your Very Formidable ..and a Great Ambassador for Our People and Our Whenua ..

Our Tupuna Would be Very Proud of Us, Doing the Due on the World Stage ..

Thankyou Hre2breal...

Arohanuikiakoe..

MauriOra. xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.