Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump listening session with students

acidhead

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hear hear.

I think it’s time we all nipped down the local for a pint to cool off.

I’ll buy the first round:)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah it sucks how every political argument has turned into this, both sides equally as guilty. I hate that I'm part of it sometimes.

This is what has really struck me in the last few years since I started on the politics boards regularly:

In the US, its like every single issue it divided along party lines. Even ones that have nothing to do with politics but science, ethics, education, all of it has to be divided between left and right. 

I don't know if it's a product of the 2 party monopoly or what but it seems so strange to us in the UK. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The side fighting our President and everyone who elected him do not care about lives,what they want in place and care about is their political agenda . There are some who don't realize the bigger plan and so they think that what they're doing is the right thing, but it's not.

Not sides. People. The issue of gun violence is bi-partisan. It effects Democrats, Republicans and every feeling human being in the world.

It is those who chose to denegrate others rather than look for solutions that are putting a halt on protecting the kids.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hear hear.

I think it’s time we all nipped down the local for a pint to cool off.

Hey, I've just got  back. Way ahead of you buddy. 

Guess I could go back... 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That's fair.

On the other hand, I heard someone say if we had more abortions this would have never happened. If the mother aborted him instead of giving him up for adoption..... It takes all kinds I guess lol

If you heard that, you where listening to a fool, and I hope you where smart enough not to engage that line of conversation.

It's a gun violence issue and people need to focus on that.

Just now, Setton said:

This is what has really struck me in the last few years since I started on the politics boards regularly:

In the US, its like every single issue it divided along party lines. Even ones that have nothing to do with politics but science, ethics, education, all of it has to be divided between left and right. 

I don't know if it's a product of the 2 party monopoly or what but it seems so strange to us in the UK. 

Yea it’s amazing. We are divided over everything. You wouldn’t know it cause of the subjects we have discussed, but I actually lean left on a lot of social issues. 

Since Trump got in it’s gotten much worse. I’ve found myself saying a couple things I would have found ridiculous not long ago. It’s like we are all dug in as deep as we can go. For the first time in my life I’m afraid real violence on a large scale will be the outcome. Our differences seem irreconcilable. 

I gotta believe we can find a way to live with one another again. I hope so anyway. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea it’s amazing. We are divided over everything. You wouldn’t know it cause of the subjects we have discussed, but I actually lean left on a lot of social issues. 

Since Trump got in it’s gotten much worse. I’ve found myself saying a couple things I would have found ridiculous not long ago. It’s like we are all dug in as deep as we can go. For the first time in my life I’m afraid real violence on a large scale will be the outcome. Our differences seem irreconcilable. 

I gotta believe we can find a way to live with one another again. I hope so anyway. 

You have to find a way, otherwise it’s Civil War 2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

No at all . Both are murder.

eta

since you mentioned it, it's hypercritical to fight for the murder of life in the womb and  throw mental patients who kill because they're sick in the faces of Americans who understand our constitution, and why it is vital.

What I find hypocritical is telling me that people who say they care about the kids don't care about babies in the womb. Out of nowhere! Quite insulting!

And then telling another poster who didn't agree with your point of view not to politicise this tradgedy.

How about you don't politicise this tradgedy, and stick to the actual issue. Your constant attacks on the left and your insistance of putting words and beliefs into the mouths of anyone who does not adore Donald Trump unquestioningly is draining and a rule violation.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Already been down that road. That's not the same guy but some Russian troll alt-right site pushed this picture out there to blame ANTIFA

The Left can take some comfort in the fact that the Right has its fair share of cranks too. The recent Russian trolls are late to the party. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I watched a full video of him walking in shaking everyone's hand and there was no paper in his hands. He sat down and still no paper.

Whether or not he had a phone book in his hands, it speaks to the lame nature of Democratic propaganda news outlets that they have to focus on such extraneous issues in their campaign to tarnish Trump. Yes, I know that he gives a lot of ammunition to them on that front, and it's fine for them to cover what he truly does wrong. That said, I'm not naive enough to believe that they will ever cover him in a fair and honest way. They'll always find the dark lining in every white cloud.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Setton said:

Even after Brexit? It seems to me you guys are just as divided as we are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yes Michelle, one thing I've learned here:

UK and Australia good.

US bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They'll always find the dark lining in every white cloud.

DONALD TRUMP’S FAME JUST GROWS AND GROWS

President Trump invited the Pope for lunch on his mega yacht. The Pope accepted and during lunch a puff of wind blew the Pontiff's hat off, right into the water. It floated off about 50 feet, then the wind died down and it just floated in place.

The crew and the Secret Service were scrambling to launch a boat to go get it, when Trump waved them off, saying, "Never mind boys, I'll get it."

Then Donald climbed over the side of the yacht, walked on the water to the hat, picked it up, walked back on the water, climbed into the yacht, and handed the Pope his hat.

The crew was speechless. The security team and the Pope's entourage were speechless. No one knew what to say, not even the Pope.

But that afternoon, ABC, BBC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC all reported: "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!"

:lol:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

DONALD TRUMP’S FAME JUST GROWS AND GROWS

President Trump invited the Pope for lunch on his mega yacht. The Pope accepted and during lunch a puff of wind blew the Pontiff's hat off, right into the water. It floated off about 50 feet, then the wind died down and it just floated in place.

The crew and the Secret Service were scrambling to launch a boat to go get it, when Trump waved them off, saying, "Never mind boys, I'll get it."

Then Donald climbed over the side of the yacht, walked on the water to the hat, picked it up, walked back on the water, climbed into the yacht, and handed the Pope his hat.

The crew was speechless. The security team and the Pope's entourage were speechless. No one knew what to say, not even the Pope.

But that afternoon, ABC, BBC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC all reported: "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!"

:lol:

If he cures cancer, they'll blame him for putting oncologists out of work. Their bias may one day put *them* out of work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

They are not, they were taken from 2 different positions and can be differentiated very easy and very quickly by just comparing the length of the white stripes right from the microphone and by the distance of the microphone`s top to his belt buckle

JlunO4W.jpg

CZPtrlC.jpg

Good eyes Toast!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Whether or not he had a phone book in his hands, it speaks to the lame nature of Democratic propaganda news outlets that they have to focus on such extraneous issues in their campaign to tarnish Trump. Yes, I know that he gives a lot of ammunition to them on that front, and it's fine for them to cover what he truly does wrong. That said, I'm not naive enough to believe that they will ever cover him in a fair and honest way. They'll always find the dark lining in every white cloud.

I've read several articles about Trump's notepad and not a single one took a negative tone whatsoever. How could they? He is in a horrible situation, taking in prepared notes to keep the conversation focused was the right thing to do. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Really, really not. We might be more divided than any time in recent history but we don't have parties arguing over scientific theories, religion's place in society or who can use what bathroom. Not that they all agree on such issues but those who do and don't are distributed across all parties. 

Also, we don't have anything like the 2 party system you do. And as for Brexit, it's not even like we have a leave party and a remain party. Again, there are people on both sides in all parties. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Really, really not. We might be more divided than any time in recent history but we don't have parties arguing over scientific theories, religion's place in society or who can use what bathroom. Not that they all agree on such issues but those who do and don't are distributed across all parties. 

Also, we don't have anything like the 2 party system you do. And as for Brexit, it's not even like we have a leave party and a remain party. Again, there are people on both sides in all parties. 

It wasn't supposed to be this way. In fact our founding fathers warned against allowing a 2 party system to take hold. Its simply too easy for those with authority to screw the people in a 2 party system. 

Shocking that congress has voted against the American populaces wishes for the last 30 years in favor of corporate ones huh ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Gun control will not work, giving teachers guns will be more dangerous. Schools should be put into a like prisons condition  . Fences, guards with guns,  lock downs , search out all kids and people for guns. I know they complain its going to cost a lot, but dang there got to some safety.

Mental problems in kids be check out ,why do their minds want to kill many kids. There bulling's, boy friends fights, but why do young boys want to do such a massacre ,if they may just have a abortion mentality..

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

Gun control will not work, giving teachers guns will be more dangerous. Schools should be put into a like prisons condition  . Fences, guards with guns,  lock downs , search out all kids and people for guns. I know they complain its going to cost a lot, but dang there got to some safety.

This seems rather dystopian. I think I would rather my kids take the risk than live in a prison planet 

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Mental problems in kids be check out ,why do their minds want to kill many kids. There bulling's, boy friends fights, but why do young boys want to do such a massacre ,if they may just have a abortion mentality..

Legalizing mutual combat would help with the rage in young men A TON I believe. 

Its truly good for the young mans soul to have his ass kicked from time to time and conversely to have the ability to do the same to others. 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

This seems rather dystopian. I think I would rather my kids take the risk than live in a prison planet 

Legalizing mutual combat would help with the rage in young men A TON I believe. 

Its truly good for the young mans soul to have his ass kicked from time to time and conversely to have the ability to do the same to others. 

Like the movie "Purge"?

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

It still sounds exactly like it is in the US. Take this forum, UM, where we have people from all over the world, at different ends of the spectrum, who agree and disagree on various issues. Why do you want to divide us into countries? It's no different than dividing the races or religions.

I get along with most people by finding a common denominator. It's a shame people have to point out our differences instead of focusing on what we have in common. I see that as the main problem.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Like the movie "Purge"?

Ha I haven't seen purge but I was thinking more along of the lines of little johhny is a dick in class so little johnny has to defend himself in a fight. 

I cant imagine what kind of human I would be if I didn't have the ability to kick the **** out of bullies as a kid.