Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump listening session with students

acidhead

I'm very curious as to whether those attending the listening session were vetted prior 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm very curious as to whether those attending the listening session were vetted prior 

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Surely they we asked "What are you going to say?" "Were you actually there?"

I kept waiting for a profanity to escape.

I wouldn't blame anyone for that though.

• Like 1

The father that was demanding security FIRST, before new gun laws has exactly the right attitude, IMO.

• Like 2

I personally believe this meeting was fabulous. I have heard people claim the speakers where too polite. No. They where respectful and polite. That's the only way to get really heard.

There was heartbreak and solutions offered. Please let it make an actual change.

I was thinking earlier today how nice it would be to be arguing over crime control, or knife control, or how to prevent vehicle attacks instead of this same old argument.

Come on America, make a change. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I personally believe this meeting was fabulous. I have heard people claim the speakers where too polite. No. They where respectful and polite.

Yeah it's hard to be in that environment and be rude. I have to confess the fact that several students and adults in a row started their statements with a platitude about how great of a job Trump is doing did cause me to raise my eyebrows a little though. 

• Like 4

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Yeah it's hard to be in that environment and be rude. I have to confess the fact that several students and adults in a row started their statements with a platitude about how great of a job Trump is doing did cause me to raise my eyebrows a little though. 

I understand the thinking, but you get more bees with honey.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Might be they only let trump supporters in or could be they realise how fragile his ego is. Giving him a little ego boost practically guarantees he'll like whatever you say next. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Setton said:

Might be they only let trump supporters in or could be they realise how fragile his ego is. Giving him a little ego boost practically guarantees he'll like whatever you say next. 

I don't care which, I just want to see the kids safe in my lifetime.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

I don't care which, I just want to see the kids safe in my lifetime.

Not for nothing but, more than most of the individuals who say they want to keep the kids safe don't care about the kids when they are in the womb, for they are the very same people that are for abortions months in the womb. Besides that, gun control in primarily democratic run areas has never kept them safe. 

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Besides that, gun control in primarily democratic run areas has never kept them safe. 

Piecemeal gun control doesn’t work. Well colour me surprised.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Not for nothing but, more than most of the individuals who say they want to keep the kids safe don't care about the kids when they are in the womb, for they are the very same people that are for abortions months in the womb. Besides that, gun control in primarily democratic run areas has never kept them safe. 

Umm... is that because Democrats can't shoot ? :P

I approve of President Trumps support for raising the ownership level to age 21. That is consistent with the constitution, but would (presumably) prevent students from shooting at each other.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... is that because Democrats can't shoot ? :P

I approve of President Trumps support for raising the ownership level to age 21. That is consistent with the constitution, but would (presumably) prevent students from shooting at each other.

I don't agree with it, the age of it. I don't agree with any chipping away of it. 

37 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

And more than most of those who want to keep those in the womb safe don't care about them once they're born because they're for the stagnation of action against gun violence, for cutting funding for programs that assist poor and at risk youths, and against funding programs to help children suffering from mental illness.

3 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

And more than most of those who want to keep those in the womb safe don't care about them once they're born because they're for the stagnation of action against gun violence, for cutting funding for programs that assist poor and at risk youths, and against funding programs to help children suffering from mental illness.

Do not use the lost of those young teens  to promote your political agenda. The fact is the left do not really care about lives all they care about is their agenda. 

ETA

by all means necessary is the lefts motto.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

Clinton`s meetings at the Columbine shootings, only suggested of latch key kids. That parents should be home, guide kids behavior even high school kids. One good idea.

To me gun control will not ever work, kids can get  big guns from bad people. And still check out why kids minds wants to massacre kids. Communities should put the schools in safety.  

2 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

And more than most of those who want to keep those in the womb safe don't care about them once they're born because they're for the stagnation of action against gun violence

You say that, but in every thread past and present debating the issue, no tangible solutions are offered. If I have to spell out why more laws arent necessarily the answer, you haven't been paying attention. Unless you have a new law that's going to ban mental illness, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I absolutely agree. Having marches for the right to kill babies at will has cultural ripples that may not be obvious. It 100% reduces the value of human life. How many more babies need to found in dumpsters and restaurant bathrooms to drive that point home? Life is cheap in the ghettos and abortion clinics. Translate that to a depressed young kid on meds with nothing to lose growing up in such an environment.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

You say that, but in every thread past and present debating the issue, no tangible solutions are offered. If I have to spell out why more laws arent necessarily the answer, you haven't been paying attention. Unless you have a new law that's going to ban mental illness, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

I absolutely agree. Having marches for the right to kill babies at will has cultural ripples that may not be obvious. It 100% reduces the value of human life. How many more babies need to found in dumpsters and restaurant bathrooms to drive that point home? Life is cheap in the ghettos and abortion clinics. Translate that to a depressed young kid on meds with nothing to lose growing up in such an environment.

So you think forcing people to have children they don't want will lead to fewer abandoned kids?  

That's an... interesting... way of looking at it. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

022218-notes-1280x720.jpg?itok=VfSGd0Pv&

I hear you????

In case he forgets halfway through why there's all these kids in the room? 

• Like 2

These massacres should be enough warning for us to harden the 'soft targets' that our schools have become. Illegal immigrants and illegal drugs are shipped into the USA by the truckload and by plane, and it's likely that large quantities of weapons are entering the country the same way. We live in an entirely different world than we did in the pre-internet days. Terrorists and fanatics are now openly recruited on the internet, with no clandestine activity needed at all.

We already protect airports, courtrooms, military bases, and so on. Why haven't we begun the process of protecting school children? The entire world knows that our schools are soft targets. Do we need a Beslan siege here on American soil before we get serious?

"The Beslan school siege started on 1 September 2004, lasted three days, involved the illegal imprisonment of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children), and ended with the deaths of at least 334 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

3 minutes ago, simplybill said:

These massacres should be enough warning for us to harden the 'soft targets' that our schools have become. Illegal immigrants and illegal drugs are shipped into the USA by the truckload and by plane, and it's likely that large quantities of weapons are entering the country the same way. We live in an entirely different world than we did in the pre-internet days. Terrorists and fanatics are now openly recruited on the internet, with no clandestine activity needed at all.

We already protect airports, courtrooms, military bases, and so on. Why haven't we begun the process of protecting school children? The entire world knows that our schools are soft targets. Do we need a Beslan siege here on American soil before we get serious?

"The Beslan school siege started on 1 September 2004, lasted three days, involved the illegal imprisonment of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children), and ended with the deaths of at least 334 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

The school in Florida did have a armed deputy assigned there as a school resource officer.  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-missing-sro-20180216-story.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Do not use the lost of those young teens  to promote your political agenda. The fact is the left do not really care about lives all they care about is their agenda. 

ETA

by all means necessary is the lefts motto.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Clearly, at least half of American voters do not understand the meaning of the last word in the 2nd Amendment, but completely grasp the concept that the ends always justify the means, as long as one is not a Republican.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

So you think forcing people to have children they don't want will lead to fewer abandoned kids?  

That's an... interesting... way of looking at it. 

You left out the part about them being punished with a baby.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OverSword said:

022218-notes-1280x720.jpg?itok=VfSGd0Pv&

I hear you????

What's with the "45" on his cuff? Is that in case he forgets which president he is?

• Like 4