Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do people believe in Hollyweird?

ellapenella

26 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

From its beginnings, Hollywood has been an empire of tragedies, full of lost lives, drugs, and real life drama, but this troupe lifestyle is nothing new.  The stage has long been the site of tragedy and something much darker – ritual invocation, all the way back to the ancient Greeks and Romans.  For Greece and Rome, the stage was sacred, where the dramaturgical interactions of the gods were actually a form of magical invocation. 

Well propaganda is generally a form of hypnotic magic. Hollywood and the music industry have more influence in this respect on general public than newspapers or news channels do.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ella

So how does that relate to the other forms of entertainment that I have earlier mentioned like beheadings and hangings? Trhere was nothing subliminal about that, and to be honest how many books have almost a Christ theme they are entertainment as well. We can inject all kinds of interpretations but they are only on an individual basis. Where do these interpretations end for you, video game there are many activities that could be interpreted in different way even dancing.

jmccr8

hi.

I have to find & reread your post in regards to the highlighted part. I don't disagree that there are books  & programs that misinform  biblical interpretation for money. 

So, you're asking me when does it end and you're calling it interpretations but they're two sides that are at war from the beginning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

hi.

I have to find & reread your post in regards to the highlighted part. I don't disagree that there are books  & programs that misinform  biblical interpretation for money. 

So, you're asking me when does it end and you're calling it interpretations but they're two sides that are at war from the beginning.

Hi Ella

War? Are different interpretations of art a war? I am not so sure of that.

jmccr8

"They Live" is an excellent "documentary" about the power of propaganda.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ella

War? Are different interpretations of art a war? I am not so sure of that.

jmccr8

Spiritual war for the mind ect. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

"They Live" is an excellent "documentary" about the power of propaganda.

You seen that? I seen some if it. I think I'm gonna watched that this weekend.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2018 at 10:11 AM, XenoFish said:

alan-moore-702923.jpg

I like this :)

I just wanted to add that Hollywood people are just artists who reflect the society around themselves including  myths, hopes and fears of people for entertainment and promoting their own livelyhood. It doesn't make all of them part of some kind of conspiracy or occultists. 

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

You seen that? I seen some if it. I think I'm gonna watched that this weekend.

Yes. I recommend, very educational.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Hollywood people are artists that reflect the society around themselves including  myths, hopes and fears of people for entertainment and promoting their own livelyhood. It doesn't make all of them part of some kind of conspiracy or occultists. 

It doesn't make any of them a part of some grand conspiracy. I think if you want to look at social control, you don't need to go any further than religion. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It doesn't make any of them a part of some grand conspiracy. I think if you want to look at social control, you don't need to go any further than religion. 

What are you speaking about? Moral Reasoning in life  of knowing right from wrong? 

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2

What are you speaking about? Moral Reasoning in life  of knowing right from wrong? 

What I'm getting at is that religions are the best at swaying people into a herd. They've had longer to master the art of suggestion, control by fear, and dominance. They are adept at using symbolism to sway the mind. Which gives them some level of control over people. This isn't about some 'evil or spiritual' forces it's about ideas. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Oh yes you do.. you have to go further through education, movie and music industry, and through all media outlets that exist.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Well, when they're lying to influence  it's  manipulation. 

Art and religion are not one in the same. Art and a political agenda are  not one in the same. Art and sorcery are not one in the same. And art  magic are not one in the same. Art is  imitation really of the creation. And magic is an illusion ,for the something was always there, just hidden. So yeah, the definition of art is being used like a cover for things that some people are doing and calling it art.

Um. That's not the definition of art.

I'd like to hear more about this claim that they are lying.

• Like 1

I'm going to use my psychic powers to predicted that this thread will soon amount to nothing more than a circle-jerk of confirmation bias. 

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What I'm getting at is that religions are the best at swaying people into a herd. They've had longer to master the art of suggestion, control by fear, and dominance. They are adept at using symbolism to sway the mind. Which gives them some level of control over people. This isn't about some 'evil or spiritual' forces it's about ideas. 

God the Creator of us all  does not need me to fight you for him. There is a Spiritual war and yes it's been around since the beginning so whatever symbols you're talking about please do share. 

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

God the Creator of us all  does not need me to fight you for him. There is a Spiritual war and yes it's been around every since the beginning so whatever symbols you're talking about please do share. 

That "war" only exist in your imagination. It's a product of your indoctrination into a belief system. You look at the world through that subjective lense and metaphorically create your own enemies. 

On a personal note; I think you have trouble grasping concepts. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Um. That's not the definition of art.

I'd like to hear more about this claim that they are lying.

Is so. All art is a form of imitation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That "war" only exist in your imagination. It's a product of your indoctrination into a belief system. You look at the world through that subjective lense and metaphorically create your own enemies. 

On a personal note; I think you have trouble grasping concepts. 

Like I said, I don't have to fight you for God, for God is hated by you,understood. 

• Like 1

That "war" only exist in your imagination.

Boy Fish, you need to get out of your bowl a lot more. 

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Is so. All art is a form of imitation. 

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/art:rolleyes:

1 The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

1. 1.1 Works produced by human creative skill and imagination.

• Like 1

Like I said, I don't have to fight you for God, for God is hated by you,understood. 

How can I hate something I do not believe in or care about? You're projecting again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Oh yes you do.. you have to go further through education, movie and music industry, and through all media outlets that exist.

Have you ever researched into the secret societies that many top actors & actresses have come from?Very very far left circles in Yale. For instance I used to love a certain program (X files) until I found out who and what they really were about .

• Like 1

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/art:rolleyes:

1 The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

1. 1.1 Works produced by human creative skill and imagination.

Art can never truly represent reality, for life itself, of which art is merely a copy, does not represent reality, according to Plato. Our world “…as we experience it, is an illusion, a collection of mere appearances like reflections in a mirror or shadows on a wall.” (Quoted by Rosalind Hursthouse in “Truth and Representation,” Philosphical Aesthetics.)  

For Plato, the only true reality is the unchanging world of the Forms, created by God, for example, the perfect form of the cat, the bird, the table, the chair. There is just one perfect copy of each of these Forms. We need to “escape from the cave and see…the real objects, the Forms… and gain true knowledge,” quotes Hursthouse.

http://decodedpast.com/platos-argument-art-imitation-imitation/2990

• The topic was locked