Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ranger Finds Mystery In The Woods

Brandy333

I thought this was familiar, it's been posted before.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It's the first time I've seen it.   In the other postings were there any answers to the mystery?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Here I was thinking I solved a mystery. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I read the responses in your link, but there are no answers either way as to how the cabin got there or where it went.   For someone to have put up a cabin in a forest like that, there'd have to be a clearing made.    There were none, and no signs left how it was taken down.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I read the responses in your link, but there are no answers either way as to how the cabin got there or where it went.   For someone to have put up a cabin in a forest like that, there'd have to be a clearing made.    There were none, and no signs left how it was taken down.

I saw many like it. Hunting blinds and cabins that people don't want found. That's why there is no clearing. My Midi hut and sweat lodge doesn't have a clearing or path either. I don't want them found.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Piney said:

I saw many like it. Hunting blinds and cabins that people don't want found. That's why there is no clearing. My Midi hut and sweat lodge doesn't have a clearing or path either. I don't want them found.

I understand what you're saying, but you surely didn't carry all your building supplies in there by hand and neither did this guy.  One thing I noticed in one of the pictures is what looks like a photo with Black people in it, so the guy may be Black.  He didn't carry all that stuff out by hand either.

1 minute ago, Brandy333 said:

I understand what you're saying, but you surely didn't carry all your building supplies in there by hand and neither did this guy.  One thing I noticed in one of the pictures is what looks like a photo with Black people in it, so the guy may be Black.  He didn't carry all that stuff out by hand either.

There are many ways to travel through dense woodland without mechanical equipment. Sleds, large backpacks, canoes if there is a nearby source of water, etc. Furthermore, you don't know how long it took to build the structure, so it could have been made slowly over a long period of time. It makes perfect sense, if you consider that the person clearly didn't want to be found. I'm an avid backpacker and survivalist, and I can make all kinds of elaborate shelters with very little material. If someone knew what they were doing, they could definitely create a cabin in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Podo said:

There are many ways to travel through dense woodland without mechanical equipment. Sleds, large backpacks, canoes if there is a nearby source of water, etc. Furthermore, you don't know how long it took to build the structure, so it could have been made slowly over a long period of time. It makes perfect sense, if you consider that the person clearly didn't want to be found. I'm an avid backpacker and survivalist, and I can make all kinds of elaborate shelters with very little material. If someone knew what they were doing, they could definitely create a cabin in the middle of nowhere.

Well, perhaps this guy knew what he was doing.   Still seems strange though that he left nothing behind.   Ranger said he'd never seen a campsite so clean.   That old typewriter is very strange.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Yes I did. I pulled cedar logs from a swamp using a travois.

You can carry everything with a ALICE pack and if you use a good small horse he doesn't need a trail either.

• Like 4

Here's another article about a second similar cabin that was found, and a concealed bunker.

A trashy campsite deep in the forest has yielded possible new clues about the builder of the immaculate tiny house in the Arcata Community Forest (ACF). Discovered by city workers last year and later cleared out and demolished by its builder, the mysterious cabin drew interest from across the country.

Now, the revelation that a second, somewhat similar cabin existed concurrently with the ACF shack has perhaps provided fresh clues as to the cabin maker, and posed fresh puzzlements.

http://www.madriverunion.com/yak-tracks-lead-to-new-cabin-revelations-concealed-bunker/

The article is well worth a read as it's very informative, for example:

That installation was similarly marked, and later found to have been both vacated and mitigated by someone unknown.

“As soon as he saw that we had discovered it, he filled that in and cleaned up everything.” Kelley said.

He acknowledges the obvious similarities between the ACF cabin occupant and whoever built what he called the “Lincoln Log” cabin on property he manages. He also sees a link between the log cabin and the bunker. “Likely it’s the same guy,” he said.

http://www.madriverunion.com/yak-tracks-lead-to-new-cabin-revelations-concealed-bunker/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Here's another article about a second similar cabin that was found, and a concealed bunker.

The article is well worth a read as it's very informative, for example:

Thanks for the link, very interesting article.   The part about the Yak explains why there was no clearing.   From the descriptions of the other cabins the guy knew how to build and intended to stay.

• Like 2