Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Russian stealth fighter spotted in Syria

Unusual Tournament

Moscow appears to have deployed an advanced new stealth fighter to its airbase in Syria, reports in Russian news media and online videos of the aircraft indicated on Thursday, in what analysts say could be a risky attempt to gain publicity and operational experience for the jet in one of the world’s most tangled conflicts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/22/new-russian-stealth-fighter-spotted-in-syria

They don't even attempt to change the appearance of the knock-offs they build, do they?  

3 hours ago, and then said:

They don't even attempt to change the appearance of the knock-offs they build, do they?  

it's evident they have stolen and copied U.S. stealth tech to piggy back their way into the market in such a short period of time. more concerning is the entry of this fighter into the Syrian sphere, saying that the SU-57 is combat ready and looking for exports. we've noticed that the Russians got alot of S-400 exports with its deployment  and with rumblings in congress about sales of F-35's t Turkey maybe Putin is looking to sell to Erdogan. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

it's evident they have stolen and copied U.S. stealth tech to piggy back their way into the market in such a short period of time

actually the whole concept of stealth tech was stolen from ussr.  

looks mean little, form follows function,  it was made to do same thing as f22, use stealth, so no wonder it look like f22. does not mean at all they stole anything. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

looks mean little, form follows function,  it was made to do same thing as f22, use stealth, so no wonder it look like f22. does not mean at all they stole anything. 

you're right its very hard to prove. i guess the concept of high tech warfare is one that really suits the U.S. more than Russia and China. the U.S. are the original pioneers in this field and the rest just imitators.

9 hours ago, aztek said:

Then the fact that the U.S. fielded a working version of it far in advance of Russia is pretty impressive.  While form does follow function, the greatest element in determining stealth is the composition of the surfaces as well as the shape of those surfaces.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 1:39 AM, Captain Risky said:

Not very stealthy then. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

The Russians can't even fly a new plane now without people whingeing at them and coming up with more ludicrous conspiracies, accusing them of "stealing" the technology.

My reckoning is that, far from stealing it, they just developed it themselves.

The British and Germans were experimenting with stealth aircraft as early as World War I.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Not very stealthy then. :rolleyes:

Not when you see one flying in the air above you.

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Captain Risky said:

you're right its very hard to prove. i guess the concept of high tech warfare is one that really suits the U.S. more than Russia and China. the U.S. are the original pioneers in this field and the rest just imitators.

I dont know about pioneers.. The yanks just like to show off thats all. There's not a lot only one nation has and anyhow, most nations are playing catch up thats why itd an arms race.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, imrunningthismonkeyfarm said:

The yanks just like to show off thats all.

:w00t:

Edited by and then

On 23/02/2018 at 10:00 PM, Captain Risky said:

High tech warfare has been going on for millennia, long before America was even discovered: the invention of gunpowder; the introduction of the cannon; the invention of the bow and arrow; the first use of the gun on a battlefield; the invention and introduction of the tank by the British in WWI etc etc.

Calling America "a pioneer" in high tech warfare seems a little bit daft.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

High tech warfare has been going on for millennia, long before America was even discovered: the invention of gunpowder; the introduction of the cannon; the invention of the bow and arrow; the first use of the gun on a battlefield; the invention and introduction of the tank by the British in WWI etc etc.

All of the U.S. rocket scientist were captured in Nazi Germany. :tu:

9 hours ago, Black Monk said:

i was referring to the period after WW2 when the U.S. and the Soviet Union were the only superpowers. i thought that was obvious. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 3:22 AM, Black Monk said:

The Russians can't even fly a new plane now without people whingeing at them and coming up with more ludicrous conspiracies, accusing them of "stealing" the technology.

My reckoning is that, far from stealing it, they just developed it themselves.

The British and Germans were experimenting with stealth aircraft as early as World War I.

They can't do anything, it seems, without a bunch of people turning into apologetics for them, either. 

Meanwhile...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/europe/putin-nuclear-missile-video-florida/index.html

Edited by ChaosRose

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

They can't do anything, it seems, without a bunch of people turning into apologetics for them, either. 

Meanwhile...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/europe/putin-nuclear-missile-video-florida/index.html

Vlad's just campaigning.  It says more about the psyche of the average Russian than about his plans, per se.  Even his so-called nuclear-capable, invincible cruise missile is just an invitation to the eradication of all life in Russia.  MAD and all that...  It's not news that Russia can eradicate all life in America, it's been the case my whole life.

I remember being slightly offended, then amused when I saw a poster at a monastery in Yaroslavl, Russia that showed the hated Americans and Chinese, apparently working together to the detriment of Mother Russia.  It's the kind of thing you might have seen here in the 50's.  This was in 2008.

1 minute ago, and then said:

Vlad's just campaigning.  It says more about the psyche of the average Russian than about his plans, per se.  Even his so-called nuclear-capable, invincible cruise missile is just an invitation to the eradication of all life in Russia.  MAD and all that...  It's not news that Russia can eradicate all life in America, it's been the case my whole life.

I remember being slightly offended, then amused when I saw a poster at a monastery in Yaroslavl, Russia that showed the hated Americans and Chinese, apparently working together to the detriment of Mother Russia.  It's the kind of thing you might have seen here in the 50's.  This was in 2008.

Except he doesn't even need to campaign.

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Except he doesn't even need to campaign.

Yeah... I guess he just likes to keep up appearances.  It'll be interesting to see how long he bothers with the masquerade.  

On 03/03/2018 at 5:50 AM, Piney said:

All of the U.S. rocket scientist were captured in Nazi Germany. :tu:

Lets not forget Robert Goddard. I remember doing a school report on him way back in grade 7 or 8 if I remember. A true pioneer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Goddard

Edited by khol
added link
  • Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 5:26 AM, Black Monk said:

check above post

• Like 1