Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection or Lucid Dream?

C-Allen66

Hello, so i recently have been looking into astral projection and how to do it.. because, well... mainly it seems pretty damn cool. The other night I decided to give it a try, with it being my first time I decided to use Binaural Beats to help me get into it. The first bit of the night I was just trying to relax with the music in my ear buds. I ended up passing out, and then at some point in the night close to 3am, I woke up and the beats were still playing in my ears. For some reason I thought they were playing from my Xbox, so somehow I ended up at my Xbox (I can't even remember how I got there, I was just there) trying to press the button repeatedly to shut it off, but no luck.. so then I walk over to my bed and somehow get over my girlfriend over my body.

This is when it went south. Soon as I came back to my body, from what I can remember. I was trying to get back in, but something was holding me back and wouldn't let me back in. And honestly, as a 27 year old male in my; dream? Or projection? I am contemplating wether or not I am male or female judging by the pitch of my 12 year old screaming noises lol. I was absolutely petrified! I was hoping my gf would wake up, but apparently I wasn't actually screaming.  But I remembered that if you move your body you can come back. So that's what I did, and boom I was good. Then I realized I was awake but asleep all at the same time and started to trip out large. Then for some reason I started getting spurts of the "Vibration" and a sound. Once I realized what it was, I wanted to go back, but for some reason I couldn't do it.. I am confused if this was a projection or just a lucid dream? Since then, I have yet to be able to do it again. Slightly scared at the same time though.  Also since then, I feel more.... open. Its weird. I used to compete in bodybuilding and eat meat all the time. Now I have zero desire for it. Im very confused on why I am seeing things in a different light now, and why I felt the vibration and sound AFTER that dream or projection??

Sincerely,

Collin.

• Like 2

Hey Collin. Welcome to the boards. I literally laughed hard over your gender issue. That was great.

I cant say for sure which one you experienced. There were signs of both. Even being able to touch your xbox, while not completely impossible, is unlikely during a projection. Normally your finger would have just gone right through the xbox, like you were a ghost. Then again you being held back from re-entering your body is very AP like. Honestly I wouldn't worry to much about what it actually was. If your goal is to learn AP, that was good practice either way.

Did you happen to see what was holding you back? The most important thing for you to understand right now is that fear just will not due. You have to find a way to drop it. For me, just a little information went a long way in helping me lose the fear. First know that you cant be harmed in this reality no matter what things look like. I usually tell beginners if they find themselves in a scary situation like that, call on God, or whatever it is you believe in. They will show up. I've only had to do that a couple times in the beginning. But if you are planning to do this long term, you are gonna want to find a way to take care of those things on your own. I have created shot guns that just appear before me, and go after them.

Once you see you are just as strong as they are, you will lose fear and raise vibration. A higher vibration usually tends to make much more pleasant projections. From what I can tell they are only interested in your fear anyway. They feed off it like a parasite. If you don't give them any they will go on to the next person.

After my first projection someone told me it would be a game changer for my life. Now I haven't changed in the same way you seem to have, not eating meat. But it has certainly created changes in my life as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, C-Allen66 said:

I felt the vibration and sound AFTER that dream or projection??

Mild seizures sometimes happen when coming "down and/or out". 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

Mild seizures sometimes happen when coming "down and/or out". 

I'm curious how the experts on AP would feel about this opinion. I know I sound like I know what I'm talking about, and compared to most people I do, but there are people so far above me in this same field that I look amateur. Far as I cant tell most people who do this get a vibration. Sometimes a very strong vibe. Others though only get a loud rushing water kinda sound. I don't know if any of them would agree that this is a seizure, but then again you are more experienced in that then any of them.

If it is so, I've had several intentionally inflicted seizures over the last 5 years.  

• Like 1

If a person has seizures, they should be able to pin point why right? Brain scans and such?

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

If a person has seizures, they should be able to pin point why right? Brain scans and such?

That's how they found mine when I was coming out of SP. I was thinking the OP was a bodybuilder and I was a  competitive street fighter maybe they have some small aneurysms like I had. But only a neurologist  can determine that. 

• Like 1

Hey preacherman. 

Thank you for your input. Relating to the xbox; I wasn't actually able to touch it. I was frustrated because I kept pressing the button but nothing was happening.. damn. I feel like I might have AP that night then. Honestly since then I have been scared to put headphones in to try it. Last night I tried and then like 10 mins into the music it felt like something tugged on my earphone cord. But it could have been moving or something. So it freaked me out and I took them out.

Also.... I know that literally all of my pets will never stay in my room for more than 5 mins and while they are in here. They are looking around like crazy. So there has to be something in here.. as for seeing what it was holding me back, I can't put an image to it. It was all kind of mashed together. I do know, that everything looked exactly like how my room normally looked.. maybe with a brown tinge? The thing that was holding me back had like a tan kind of colour I think. But I think I will try again tonight with the headphones, your helpful words of actually being stronger and more terrifying than the other beings or entities really put my mind at ease.

Thank you, I will post my next experience and hopefully I don't freak out like a 12 year old girl lol. 

Collin.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, C-Allen66 said:

The thing that was holding me back had like a tan kind of colour I think. But I think I will try again tonight with the headphones, your helpful words of actually being stronger and more terrifying than the other beings or entities really put my mind at ease.

Thank you, I will post my next experience and hopefully I don't freak out like a 12 year old girl lol. 

Collin.

It's the "fear factor" that gets you. It becomes a physical "thing". You create your own worst enemy in situations like this.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, C-Allen66 said:

Hello, so i recently have been looking into astral projection and how to do it.. because, well... mainly it seems pretty damn cool. The other night I decided to give it a try, with it being my first time I decided to use Binaural Beats to help me get into it. The first bit of the night I was just trying to relax with the music in my ear buds. I ended up passing out, and then at some point in the night close to 3am, I woke up and the beats were still playing in my ears. For some reason I thought they were playing from my Xbox, so somehow I ended up at my Xbox (I can't even remember how I got there, I was just there) trying to press the button repeatedly to shut it off, but no luck.. so then I walk over to my bed and somehow get over my girlfriend over my body.

This is when it went south. Soon as I came back to my body, from what I can remember. I was trying to get back in, but something was holding me back and wouldn't let me back in. And honestly, as a 27 year old male in my; dream? Or projection? I am contemplating wether or not I am male or female judging by the pitch of my 12 year old screaming noises lol. I was absolutely petrified! I was hoping my gf would wake up, but apparently I wasn't actually screaming.  But I remembered that if you move your body you can come back. So that's what I did, and boom I was good. Then I realized I was awake but asleep all at the same time and started to trip out large. Then for some reason I started getting spurts of the "Vibration" and a sound. Once I realized what it was, I wanted to go back, but for some reason I couldn't do it.. I am confused if this was a projection or just a lucid dream? Since then, I have yet to be able to do it again. Slightly scared at the same time though.  Also since then, I feel more.... open. Its weird. I used to compete in bodybuilding and eat meat all the time. Now I have zero desire for it. Im very confused on why I am seeing things in a different light now, and why I felt the vibration and sound AFTER that dream or projection??

Sincerely,

Collin.

You have have been given great advice already. Certainly learning to calm yourself from the panic that can ensue is something you want to learn how to do. 

I always tell people that learning how to operate in altered states of consciousness is a bit like learning how to walk. It's a slow process and it's probably more difficult than learning to walk and probably more like learning a new language. The language of your mind. 

The language of the mind is as raw as it comes.  Control comes from pure commitment and not from intent. Rmeber that you are in a space of absolute truth. Merely intending to do something isn't enough and the act of intending is truthfully a place of trying to do something and not actually doing it. In Martial arts we try to find a place called satori. No mind only action. It's hard at first but in altered states, you want to find a similar mental space. The good thing is that you probably have experienced it before. Have you ever driven home from work to all of sudden realize that you simply were not paying attention to the drive and cannot even remember driving? You feel like an idiot because you could have hurt someone or yourself, yet all the while you were putting on blinkers, judging distances, stopping at lights and swtiching lanes. The truth is you were probably a better driver while in that particular trance. 

Learning to operate OOB is a bit like trianing yourself to simply do without thinking about it. It's not easy to explain because it's a mental skill, but once you start to feel it and balance your consciousness, you can zoom off and do what ever. I have held galaxies in my hands, spread my conciounsess into a person to literally feel their entire body inside and out all at once, and I have reached in and torn a whole in reality/space/realm ( or whatever) to a completely different one.   

Its not a skill that stays with you either. It seems no matter how many times you can do it right, balancing ones mind on that particular beach ball in the waves can always slip up. The mind is fluid, so it's never a sure thing. 

The vibrations are kickass arnt they? I miss the powerful ones. It dosnt get that heavy with me anymore, but when someone finally feels them they start to realize this crazy junk is real! 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, C-Allen66 said:

Hey preacherman. 

Thank you for your input. Relating to the xbox; I wasn't actually able to touch it. I was frustrated because I kept pressing the button but nothing was happening.. damn. I feel like I might have AP that night then. Honestly since then I have been scared to put headphones in to try it. Last night I tried and then like 10 mins into the music it felt like something tugged on my earphone cord. But it could have been moving or something. So it freaked me out and I took them out.

Also.... I know that literally all of my pets will never stay in my room for more than 5 mins and while they are in here. They are looking around like crazy. So there has to be something in here.. as for seeing what it was holding me back, I can't put an image to it. It was all kind of mashed together. I do know, that everything looked exactly like how my room normally looked.. maybe with a brown tinge? The thing that was holding me back had like a tan kind of colour I think. But I think I will try again tonight with the headphones, your helpful words of actually being stronger and more terrifying than the other beings or entities really put my mind at ease.

Collin.

Let us know how you make out. Usually once you get out a few times, that's when the real questions begin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

You have have been given great advice already. Certainly learning to calm yourself from the panic that can ensue is something you want to learn how to do. 

I always tell people that learning how to operate in altered states of consciousness is a bit like learning how to walk. It's a slow process and it's probably more difficult than learning to walk and probably more like learning a new language. The language of your mind. 

The language of the mind is as raw as it comes.  Control comes from pure commitment and not from intent. Rmeber that you are in a space of absolute truth. Merely intending to do something isn't enough and the act of intending is truthfully a place of trying to do something and not actually doing it. In Martial arts we try to find a place called satori. No mind only action. It's hard at first but in altered states, you want to find a similar mental space. The good thing is that you probably have experienced it before. Have you ever driven home from work to all of sudden realize that you simply were not paying attention to the drive and cannot even remember driving? You feel like an idiot because you could have hurt someone or yourself, yet all the while you were putting on blinkers, judging distances, stopping at lights and swtiching lanes. The truth is you were probably a better driver while in that particular trance. 

Learning to operate OOB is a bit like trianing yourself to simply do without thinking about it. It's not easy to explain because it's a mental skill, but once you start to feel it and balance your consciousness, you can zoom off and do what ever. I have held galaxies in my hands, spread my conciounsess into a person to literally feel their entire body inside and out all at once, and I have reached in and torn a whole in reality/space/realm ( or whatever) to a completely different one.   

Its not a skill that stays with you either. It seems no matter how many times you can do it right, balancing ones mind on that particular beach ball in the waves can always slip up. The mind is fluid, so it's never a sure thing. 

The vibrations are kickass arnt they? I miss the powerful ones. It dosnt get that heavy with me anymore, but when someone finally feels them they start to realize this crazy junk is real! 

Oh man isn't that the truth lol. I cant fly through ceilings anymore. I don't know what it is. First time I was blocked, I fully believed I'd go through it. Heck it wasn't the first time that night that I had. I'm floating up, looking right at it, getting ready to see the sky on the other side, when WHACK, lol. Head bounced right off it. Haven't been able since. Doors walls windows no problem. I have created some kinda mental block when it comes to ceilings though.

• Like 3

I am having unreal difficulties getting back into that state. I tried 3 nights in a row after my first experience with the same beats and nothing... I even set my alarm to go off at like 3am so id wake up and then try to go at it again. But I was becoming very tired so I gave up on that. And now I just casually try before bed. No beats, just try to close my eyes and focus on relaxation and floating out of my body.. which usually ends with me waking up in the morning with a casual "****"

Does anyone have any advice on how to get back into a projection again? Ive been meditating a lot recently trying to open my 7 Chakras thinking maybe im blocked up or something.. help please! I want to experience that again!

6 hours ago, C-Allen66 said:

I am having unreal difficulties getting back into that state. I tried 3 nights in a row after my first experience with the same beats and nothing... I even set my alarm to go off at like 3am so id wake up and then try to go at it again. But I was becoming very tired so I gave up on that. And now I just casually try before bed. No beats, just try to close my eyes and focus on relaxation and floating out of my body.. which usually ends with me waking up in the morning with a casual "****"

Does anyone have any advice on how to get back into a projection again? Ive been meditating a lot recently trying to open my 7 Chakras thinking maybe im blocked up or something.. help please! I want to experience that again!

Oh man, you have no idea. I can go weeks without being able.

You might be to excited. This is the strange part, you have to find a way to be indifferent to the results, while still having a strong intention to do it

• Like 1

Really eh?

Damn, I tried again last night and just passed out. Do you usually use Binaural Beats when you try? Or do you just strictly meditate and it happens? I've heard it is best to do it yourself opposed to try and use beats. 

30 minutes ago, C-Allen66 said:

Really eh?

Damn, I tried again last night and just passed out. Do you usually use Binaural Beats when you try? Or do you just strictly meditate and it happens? I've heard it is best to do it yourself opposed to try and use beats. 

Ive done both successfully. Now a days I just use meditation. I don't know why but music became annoying. You can also try guided meditations. There are tons of them on youtube. Some have worked for me, others not so much. Just search for guided meditations for astral projection. Then lay back and do what the voice tells you to.

When you get that feeling like you just want to roll over and go to sleep, that's when its time to buckle down. Your body is trying to communicate with your brain. Its asking if the brain went to sleep. You will also get a really bad itch sometimes. That's the body feeling out the situation. If you itch, or roll over, the body then knows your brain is not yet asleep. The idea is to trick the body into going into sleep mode, while you are still conscious. Also don't think about anything. Just try and visualize a picture. Any picture, and just focus hard on it. If you can't visualize, then just focus on the darkness like its a 3D space.

You can try other things as well. Like when you get up at 3 am, go into a different room. Lay on a couch, and position yourself so you are reclined but sitting up somewhat. You don't normally sleep like that so its easier for your brain to remain conscious.

If you want to become great at AP its like anything else. You have to spend a lot of time practicing and learning. Get a book on AP from Robert Monroe, or Bruce Cambell. Make it a part of your everyday life. This will give a strong imprint into your subconscious, and will make it more likely you will have success in a shorter time frame.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1