Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
preacherman76

The Healing Power Of Positive Energy

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

joc
5 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Positive energy is one of the greatest healers there is.   With respect to you, you've evidently never felt this energy in your body.   It feels like you have a wealth of power in you, and sometimes you tingle all over.

 

With all due respect Brandy....positive vibes do not kill cancer cells.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish
5 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Positive energy is one of the greatest healers there is.   With respect to you, you've evidently never felt this energy in your body.   It feels like you have a wealth of power in you, and sometimes you tingle all over.

 

A neurochemical release due to a placebo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced

Great post Preacherman but like others I'm dead set against anything that says 'PMA cures cancer'.  Why? Because I have watched 3 people close to me die of cancer because they wouldn't take conventional treatments that would have had a high chance of success.  Instead they visited faith healers, crystal therapists and practicers of 'positive energy manipulation' - all were dead within 2 years, 2 in the first year and 1 after spending an obscene amount of money with these people.

Being positive helps many things, see my thread on positive vs negative emotions, and while it might help the recovery from cancer it does not, will not and cannot cure it completely.  If people think it can and refuse treatment because of this belief then those that told them it is true are culpable for their death in my eyes.  This is why I wouldn't ever offer medical advice or propose why I think someone's cure worked as I am not qualified to do so. This person had a treatment for cancer and I think it is reasonable to assume this was more effective than first thought.  Combine that with the care and love given by your wife i.e. giving him a reason to exist and it is little surprise to me he recovered (given the 50% + cancer cure rate we are at today).

Anyhow, heart warming story and thanks for sharing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
5 hours ago, joc said:

With all due respect Brandy....positive vibes do not kill cancer cells.

Yes, they do.   It's called mind over body, and they helped a little boy destroy his brain tumor by imagining he was using a Star Wars laser gun fired at it.  He did that regularly and in a year the tumor was gone.   A woman ridded herself of breast cancer simply through positive meditation it was gone.   My dog had a bump on her nose of unknown origin, and just by applying positive energy, the hard bump disappeared.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
6 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Yes, they do.   It's called mind over body, and they helped a little boy destroy his brain tumor by imagining he was using a Star Wars laser gun fired at it.  He did that regularly and in a year the tumor was gone.   A woman ridded herself of breast cancer simply through positive meditation it was gone.   My dog had a bump on her nose of unknown origin, and just by applying positive energy, the hard bump disappeared.

I've heard this story, but require links to support this. If memory serves (might not) he was still getting treatments as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Yes, they do.   It's called mind over body, and they helped a little boy destroy his brain tumor by imagining he was using a Star Wars laser gun fired at it.  He did that regularly and in a year the tumor was gone.   A woman ridded herself of breast cancer simply through positive meditation it was gone.   My dog had a bump on her nose of unknown origin, and just by applying positive energy, the hard bump disappeared.

There is no such thing as Mind Over Body. It's a myth. You cannot change physical attributes through pure thought process ...it cannot be done.

It's easily proven. Drop a quarter from your hand...apply positive energy and levitate the quarter...keep it in the air with your mind.  I rest my case!

No disrespect meant here Brandy. I know you believe what you believe and I totally respect that.  I simply do not believe in such things. B)

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
13 minutes ago, joc said:

There is no such thing as Mind Over Body. It's a myth. You cannot change physical attributes through pure thought process ...it cannot be done.

It's easily proven. Drop a quarter from your hand...apply positive energy and levitate the quarter...keep it in the air with your mind.  I rest my case!

No disrespect meant here Brandy. I know you believe what you believe and I totally respect that.  I simply do not believe in such things. B)

You're thinking Mind over Matter. Mind-Body is a tad different. However it isn't as powerful as people want to believe. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You're thinking Mind over Matter. Mind-Body is a tad different. However it isn't as powerful as people want to believe. 

 

The body is matter.

I don't think it is possible to shoot lasers at a tumor with your mind and effect the tumor in any way.  Positive thought process can help heal your body  by making positive affirmations which will change behaviours  which may increase health benefits...for example...I can beat this, I will beat this! While at the same time reducing stress .   Focusing on healing is definitely more productive than getting depressed.  Shooting lasers at a tumor with your mind is one way of doing that. 

I get all that...all I was saying is that pure thought process...i.e...thinking, My cancer is gone...is as ineffectual at killing cancer cells as attempting to levitate a quarter by the same thought process.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 minutes ago, joc said:

 

The body is matter.

I don't think it is possible to shoot lasers at a tumor with your mind and effect the tumor in any way.  Positive thought process can help heal your body  by making positive affirmations which will change behaviours  which may increase health benefits...for example...I can beat this, I will beat this! While at the same time reducing stress .   Focusing on healing is definitely more productive than getting depressed.  Shooting lasers at a tumor with your mind is one way of doing that. 

I get all that...all I was saying is that pure thought process...i.e...thinking, My cancer is gone...is as ineffectual at killing cancer cells as attempting to levitate a quarter by the same thought process.

I was thinking more along the lines of a self induced placebo effect. But I think we're both making the same point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
On 3/19/2018 at 1:32 PM, joc said:

There is no such thing as Mind Over Body. It's a myth. You cannot change physical attributes through pure thought process ...it cannot be done.

It's easily proven. Drop a quarter from your hand...apply positive energy and levitate the quarter...keep it in the air with your mind.  I rest my case!

 

Keep in mind that a coin isn't a part of one's body, so of course there's no mind-body link. 

The mind-body link is a skill that has to be practiced and maintained in order for it to be effective. It's not a 'woo' sort of thing, it's a matter of using the normal mind-body link to one's advantage. 

An important component is encouragement from other people, and I believe Eugene's greatest component in his healing was the strength he gained from the encouraging kindness of others. Encouragement is a common component in any healthy society, ranging from Alcoholics Anonymous meetings to refraining from ordering dessert when having lunch with a friend who's on a diet. Call it 'placebo affect' or 'dopamine affect' if that's more comfortable, but the important point is that encouragement actually does work in real life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
10 hours ago, simplybill said:

Keep in mind that a coin isn't a part of one's body, so of course there's no mind-body link. 

The mind-body link is a skill that has to be practiced and maintained in order for it to be effective. It's not a 'woo' sort of thing, it's a matter of using the normal mind-body link to one's advantage. 

An important component is encouragement from other people, and I believe Eugene's greatest component in his healing was the strength he gained from the encouraging kindness of others. Encouragement is a common component in any healthy society, ranging from Alcoholics Anonymous meetings to refraining from ordering dessert when having lunch with a friend who's on a diet. Call it 'placebo affect' or 'dopamine affect' if that's more comfortable, but the important point is that encouragement actually does work in real life.

That's all I was saying...there's no Woo there!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.