Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Ballroom - Ghosts at the Orpheus

TigerBright19

There used to be a large ballroom and department store in the city of Belfast called 'The Orpheus'.  It had all the charm and décor of the 1930's.  It was bombed many times and survived.  The building was sadly demolished a few years ago.  On the last day it was open to the public I went inside and roamed about the empty building.  Apart from a few security guards there was nobody else there.  I played recordings of dance music inside the Orpheus Ballroom (the top floor) and decided to explore the various rooms.  On my way down the art deco staircase I saw a door open and close by itself.  You can guess the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.  I returned to the building and watched it being demolished.  All that history gone.  I filmed what happened.

Here are two videos I made with added sounds effects to create a bit of drama.  Any ideas what caused the door to open and close by itself?  One of the guards told me that strange things had happened in the building but I never pushed the subject.  Wish I had.

Skip to 3:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4b4XaoI4UE

You can watch the demolition of this once great building here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-MT5x03HQ

Edited by Aaron2016

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freetoroam

• SecretSanta

• TigerBright19

• I'mConvinced

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna guess it was being pushed by a person on the other side. It's a shame you didn't rush down with the camera to capture the event from an angle that would leave less doubt. 

Pretty lucky timing on that door video. About the opening speed of a star from the past entering.....perhaps the ghost still likes the attention.

What a beautiful building, such a shame

EDITING MY PREVIOUS POST

No draft....this is staged. Move on.. 

Edited by freetoroam

Sorry....just watched it a again...not having that! Someone is pushing that and pulling it back from the other side. 

It looks staged. Such good luck to get a video of the door opening and yet the stairs are suppose to be haunted...no ghost there. 

The easiest thing to stage is a door opening and closing.

Why did you not video the other side as it happened, that would have been proof no one was there.

You are zoomed in on the door before it opens then you zoom out.... and then move to something else.

Sorry...this is so fake and the haunting music does not help it. 

Edited by freetoroam

Note the writings....haunted staircase, but nothing to see and before the zoomed in video of the door before it opens...it mentions the building being empty...but it was not empty if there were guards in there and highly likely one of the OP's mates. 

Did you think if you put empty building we would believe that and think...(oh the building is empty so there can not be anyone else in there to push the door open then close it)...parageoge may fall for this kind of farce, but the less gullible of us will not.

A shame you did not just stick to making a documentary of such a lovely building instead of trying to throw in some lame ghost story.

Is that a mirror or a tv, there lots of movement on it but I’m on my phone so I really can’t tell.