Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3am

Artisticlylazy

I'm a Christian, I gave my heart and soul to the Lord my God, I don't mess with anything bad, and I pray almost everyday that evil things, demons and such, are cast away from me and I that I'll be protected from all of it. I've never thought to ask to be protect in my sleep or as I try and sleep also

So, last night was it for me, I had to look it up, after reading several stories and being very skeptical of most of them, even my own I still have to say something. Last night wasn't the only time it happened but it was more aggressive then the other times. I was trying to fall asleep but I was still partially awake when I felt my blankets being tugged on, upwards, like my blankets were moving up and down while I was under them (weird way to explain but I wasn't sure how else to put it). I'm not sure if it was cold or not but I was getting major goosebumps EVERYWHERE, which is crazy to me, I was still under my blankets. I sleep with like 3 thick blankets. Keeping my eyes closed I snuggled under them more and when I moved they stopping moving. A couple seconds later it started back up again more aggressively then it had started. I felt the bankets being tugged down this time and it felt like some cold strong wind, theres no breeze in my room, blow all my hair back and it felt like someone grabbed it and pulled. Still had goosebumps.

It took a few minutes for me to open my eyes as it was almost impossibly, after a little bit I finally grew balls to look at my clock and it was 324am so I figure it started around 3am?

The first time this ever happened was last year, summer I think, I had two weird dreams then. The blanket thing was, the first dream I had like this, if you call it a dream when you're in an inbetween sleep and awake stage, it was just the blanket by my face moving. It would tap my face as if someone grabbed it and was messing with me. (I mentioned this to my bestfriend cuz I was ultimately freaked by it, she came up that maybe one of my dogs came into my room was nudging his face by my blankets. I went with that, writing it off as my dog wanted attention. The thing is though I live with my parents and both dogs sleep in their (parents) room which they keep the door closed. Neither of the dogs know how to open the door. Still knowing that I went with the dog thing.) when I had forcefully opened my eyes I had looked at my phone it was a bit after 3am.

The next dream is the weirdest a freakiest, if that's a word, I know I was asleep for this one, I remember waking up and it was, yet again, a bit after 3am. Before I fell asleep though that blanket thing happened. Just by my face. The nightmare, what I'm going to call it, was of something, an unseen person or being, ripping my blankets off and attempting to rape me, (not sure how I knew that that was happening but it was) at the time I only wore underwear and an oversized old shirt to bed, in the dream, as I fought the thing and cried I couldn't  scream or make any noise, it was hot my room was extremely hot and uncomfortable. I don't know how but after an eternity I was finnaly able to force myself awake. I didn't sleep for the rest of that night. After I had turned a light on I had looked around my room and under my bed to see nothing I looked at my phone to see maybe it went off and that what triggered something for such a dream, no notifications.

I might be paranoid and I will probably get a lot of sh** for this but I swear this is real and I'm terrified it will happen again after today. 2/24/18. 

Edited by Artisticlylazy

The good ol` 3:30am story again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toast said:

The good ol` 3:30am story again.

Is this really a thing? If it's honestly some kind of sleeping disorder then I'd be okay with that. Would your mind mess you with if you stopping breathing in your sleep?

I kinda skimmed this so I could be wrong, but here I go again.

First off dreams are just dreams, nothing more nothing less. Secondly there's this thing called hypnopomic and hypnagogic hallucinations. Basically a half-conscious dream. 

5 minutes ago, Artisticlylazy said:

Is this really a thing? If it's honestly some kind of sleeping disorder then I'd be okay with that. Would your mind mess you with if you stopping breathing in your sleep?

That sounds like sleep apnea.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/sleep-apnea

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Artisticlylazy said:

Yeah there's this thing about 3 AM being the "true witching hour" and not midnight, but that is just folklore. On the breathing thing:

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

^This. If it persists you might want to do a sleep study.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I kinda skimmed this so I could be wrong, but here I go again.

First off dreams are just dreams, nothing more nothing less. Secondly there's this thing called hypnopomic and hypnagogic hallucinations. Basically a half-conscious dream. 

That sounds like sleep apnea.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/sleep-apnea

Thank you, I'll do my research on that. I honestly don't/never did think that I'm haunted or some ghost is messing with me. I just dont know what is happening and its freaks me out. I apreaciat you!

• Like 1

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Yeah there's this thing about 3 AM being the "true witching hour" and not midnight, but that is just folklore. On the breathing thing:

^This. If it persists you might want to do a sleep study.

Really? Never heard of that, weird. Anyway thank you! 

You are experiencing classic hypnogogic states. There is lots of advice out there. You can take control though with a little practice. I mostly recommend that practice if it becomes an ongoing problem. Check this out. I created this video a number of years ago, so I didn't have to always exsplain everything, but let me know if I can help. 

Edited by SeekerWCF

3 hours ago, Artisticlylazy said:

Really? Never heard of that, weird. Anyway thank you! 

Sleep studies are excellent, but rarely to they reveal what causes these things to be chronic. Some research has been tied to low iron onsorption, so a liquid iron supplement is prescribed. Don't let anyone talk you into believing you have any psychosis. They are getting better a it now, but lives have been ruined by placing people on antipsychotics or anti depressants or suggestion child-hood trauma when there was none. Be careful. 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

Sleep studies are excellent, but rarely to they reveal what causes these things to be chronic. Some research has been tied to low iron onsorption, so a liquid iron supplement is prescribed. Don't let anyone talk you into believing you have any psychosis. They are getting better a it now, but lives have been ruined by placing people on antipsychotics or anti depressants or suggestion child-hood trauma when there was none. Be careful. 

That's good to know, thank you for that, you're amazing for taking you time to say something. It would be difficult to prescribe me pills though, I don't even like to take Advil or iberprofin. Swallowing anything like that with water freaking my out, I go with chewables