Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egypt Uncovers 2000 year old cemetery

Kenemet

After several months of excavation work, Egypt's antiquities ministry said on Saturday that an ancient cemetery had been discovered near the city of Minya, south of Cairo.

The large necropolis is located 2.5 miles north of the Tuna al-Gabal area, a vast archaeological site on the edge of the western desert. The area is known to house ancient catacombs from the Pharaonic Late Period and the Ptolemaic dynasty.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/24/major-discovery-egypt-uncovers-2-000-year-old-cemetery/370178002/

I think I saw this on the mailing list as well, but I also think I nuked the post (it's been a busy week.)  Hopefully we can find some stories with photos.

• Like 7

I love cemeteries

If it's even in the least historical when I travel,. that's where I go.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I love cemeteries

If it's even in the least historical when I travel,. that's where I go.

Funny. My husband and I do the same thing. You learn a lot about a place looking at it's cemetery.

I had much joy pointing out the old convict part of the cemetery where I grew up. It's just bush, and completely unmarked.

• Like 5