Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Trump win a second term ?

RoofGardener

Well, what are peoples thoughts ? 

I was inspired to post this by an article by an article in the Washington Post from last year. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-on-track-to-win-reelection/2017/10/06/91cd2af0-aa15-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.58d433b60741

The reason I found it interesting is that - 10 months after the inauguration of President Trump - the "left" still seem to be living in a fantasy world. This article - by one of the two pre-eminent anti-Trump newspapers - prints an article by a former Clinton advisor (albeit Bill, not Hillary). Please do read it..... it is a classic in reality denial. At no point is the Democrat Campaign - let alone Hillary Clinton - criticised... or even analysed. It was all the 'fault' of independent voters. Or aliens. Or moonbeams. Or something. 

Could President Trump win in 2020 ? Well, if this is the best than the Pro-left media can do, then... possibly. By default. 

• Like 2

I think it depends on how the mid terms go. If he can have full support to pass his campaign promises, for the second half of this term, I think he will have a much better then average shot. Assuming he runs again, which I definitely think he will, at least I can stop hearing how people think he doesn't even want to be president.  

• Like 3

All he has to do is maintain (or improve,) and allow the MSM to keep doing what it's doing. Just like during the elections, the DNC will dig its own grave with internal corruption and an over-the-top media circus. 

By 2020, however, everyone will be wise to how the game is really played so it will be interesting to see how the country reacts to same old election playbook. The only hope I see for a Liberal win is if they find another Obama type character to put out front. Someone refreshingly grounded

• Like 6

Well, let's see...

if he has outside help to try and influence the population...check

if he has inside help from billionaires in the way of campaign contributions and trying to influence the population...nothing has changed there...check

if he has outside help hacking voter rolls again...not sure anything has been done about that, so possibly check

if the RNC keeps conniving to keep particular people from voting...they've been caught in a couple places, but probably lots to go...check

if he doesn't have to step down because they finally find out there was collusion or money laundering or tax evasion linked directly to him...well, that's a distinct possibility

I'd say barring the investigation doesn't find any of that stuff...which I think is unlikely, but maybe they don't find it out in time...he has rather a decent chance. 

Not as good a chance as he might have, though. I do think despite what it seems like around here, people on the whole do realize something fishy was/is going on.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

f he has outside help hacking voter rolls again...not sure anything has been done about that, so possibly check

and is this a conspiracy you've come up with by yourself, or is this the latest thing that MSMPost has dreamed up to try to keep the conspiracy that never ends going a little bit longer?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

holy moses, you're not still trying to keep that punctured old football inflated, are you? You really don't think the population was able to see what his rival was like for themselves without the aid of Shadowy Foreigners(TM)

It's painfully obvious what happened.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

and is this a conspiracy you've come up with by yourself, or is this the latest thing that MSMPost has dreamed up to try to keep the conspiracy that never ends going a little bit longer?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's painfully obvious what happened.

Yes, the "Democratic" Party, desperate to come up with some excuse as to why their much-loved candidate lost, flailed around for any explanation they could use as an excuse.

Like I said...it's painfully obvious what happened...

to anyone who wants to actually know. 

To everyone else, it will somehow "elude" them, because you can't awaken those who are pretending to be asleep. 

• Like 2

Yup, much as I thought, let's invent some new "plot" that "Foreigners" can be blamed for to keep Mr. Mueller wastefully gainfully employed at the taxpayer's expense and keep the FBI from taking too much of an interest in the "Democratic" Party. :yes: 

We will know when CNN, Wapo, and Huffington Post say he only has a 3% chance.

How did that work out in 2016? :lol::rofl:

Tell me how those people kept their jobs after that?

Hahaha! They thought that squeaky, shrill, diaper-wearing HRC was going to win, didn't they? :lol:

• Like 3

Ok... If our voting system was hacked, by the Russians. Or if our voting system was fraudulently abused by the left and Mexico. Who cares?

The popular vote never elects the president-true or not? Is it not our senators that most assuredly put Trump in office?

10 minutes ago, Wes83 said:

Ok... If our voting system was hacked, by the Russians. Or if our voting system was fraudulently abused by the left and Mexico. Who cares?

The popular vote never elects the president-true or not? Is it not our senators that most assuredly put Trump in office?

That would be the electoral college. So no. 

Now, gerrymandering certainly puts senators and representatives in office. 

We've caught some unfair gerrymandering, but there is probably plenty more. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

By 2020, however, everyone will be wise to how the game is really played so it will be interesting to see how the country reacts to same old election playbook. The only hope I see for a Liberal win is if they find another Obama type character to put out front. Someone refreshingly grounded

I think people are wising up already.  I would not begin to contest the stupidity and culpability of the Democrats for the mess we are in.  Some might be corrupt, some painfully unattached to reality.  BUT it is the same for the Republicans.  They have control of the government and will have for the foreseeable future.  There are just as many corrupt and dream-world people on the Republican side.  It won't be the Democrats that beat President Trump unless they do a lot of soul searching and come back to basic governance for all citizens.  What can beat him is a cooling economy and weak growth in jobs.  Controlling immigration or even stopping it provides jobs for ICE, but not for working Americans left out of economic growth that were so important to the Trump campaign.  I am not a pundit, I have no facts that you don't.  Just my opinion. If the Republicans don't begin to showthe  honesty, integrity, and courage to serve all citizens, they too will fade.

• Like 3

Electoral college typically votes based on how the population of their state voted. 

If people are thrown off voter rolls, that would tilt an election.

• Like 1

It pretty much depends on who the Democrats nominate and how the economy is doing in 2020, so at this time I'd say that it's unforeseeable.

• Like 5

It all really comes down to how successful they are at cheating, if they get caught, and if anyone cares.

They should start practicing now...

I misinterpreted the rules.

• Like 2

It all really comes down to how successful they are at cheating, if they get caught, and if anyone cares.

They should start practicing now...

I misinterpreted the rules.

You seem to have completely blanked out from your mind any possibility that the Democrats could have lost because their candidate was so unpopular. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

You seem to have completely blanked out from your mind any possibility that the Democrats could have lost because their candidate was so unpopular. 

One factor of many.

But we also know why she was so unpopular, and it had a lot to do with a smear campaign against her.

She wasn't a perfect candidate. No one ever is. But she was extremely qualified. And not really the demon she was made out to be. 

Wait and watch. They'll do the same thing to whoever goes up against him.

• Like 2

Of curse Trump could win again.

No matter how much that thought disgusts me. <_<

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Like 4

Republicans never forgave her for trying to give us healthcare, so they've been trying to get her ever since.

Russia hated her for saying stuff they didn't like, and they wanted rid of sanctions.

That wouldn't have happened under her.

They also wanted to launder a bunch of shady money here, and that's way easier under Trump. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So unpopular she won the popular vote. We need to change our election laws, but that is no going to happen as long as those in power benefit from system as it stands.  

• Like 2