Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red hooded shadow

Kat_Eveleigh

I woke up at 3:15 on the dot, I was alone in my house. I heard the front door open (it can’t open without a key) and someone walking around downstairs, they went into the kitchen and then came upstairs. The sound of someone walking went into the bathroom and stood still in there for a minute or two, then both my cats (who don’t like human interaction at all) jumped up on the bed and stayed as close to me as possible. Then I glanced to the door and saw a man-like figue standing in the doorway, he had a red hood and a shadowed face, but I could feel him staring at me. He continued to watch me for about 10 minutes until I heard him walk downstairs and the front door close. 

It bothered me for the day after then I thought nothing of it. Until I saw it again, in the train station standing on the steps. There were people walking past him but no one took notice. 

I saw the same figure again outside my boyfriends house, staring at me. When I was with him and his mother. 

I the same figure everyday, no matter where I am or who I’m with and no one else can see him or feel the presence of it. It always feels like there’s someone behind me and I hear people walking or car doors open and close when there’s nothing or anyone around. 

*Can someone please tell me what this is because I can’t sleep or study or anything, I feel like I’m going insane.*

1 hour ago, Kat_Eveleigh said:

I woke up at 3:15 on the dot, I was alone in my house. I heard the front door open (it can’t open without a key) and someone walking around downstairs, they went into the kitchen and then came upstairs. The sound of someone walking went into the bathroom and stood still in there for a minute or two, then both my cats (who don’t like human interaction at all) jumped up on the bed and stayed as close to me as possible. Then I glanced to the door and saw a man-like figue standing in the doorway, he had a red hood and a shadowed face, but I could feel him staring at me. He continued to watch me for about 10 minutes until I heard him walk downstairs and the front door close. 

This sounds a lot like a hypnopompic experience.

It bothered me for the day after then I thought nothing of it. Until I saw it again, in the train station standing on the steps. There were people walking past him but no one took notice. 

I saw the same figure again outside my boyfriends house, staring at me. When I was with him and his mother. 

I the same figure everyday, no matter where I am or who I’m with and no one else can see him or feel the presence of it. It always feels like there’s someone behind me and I hear people walking or car doors open and close when there’s nothing or anyone around. 

*Can someone please tell me what this is because I can’t sleep or study or anything, I feel like I’m going insane.*

The rest might be slight of mind, meaning you saw it because you had it fresh in your mind. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This is scary and just terrifying. What that poor soul must experience when this happens

• Like 1

Just now, DebDandelion said:

This is scary and just terrifying. What that poor soul must experience when this happens

I don't believe in souls or spirits. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

The sleep hallucinations dude. That is just scary . nothing to do with spirits. That whole article I read (the link u posted) and I am sad for those who goes through it

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Poor soul is a slang I use for a person.

• Like 1

The sleep hallucinations dude. That is just scary . nothing to do with spirits. That whole article I read (the link u posted) and I am sad for those who goes through it

It happens. You get used to it. Eventually you figure out how to correct your sleeping pattern or adjust your diet. That helps. 

• Like 2

Poor soul is a slang I use for a person.

Its a phrase used to denote sympathy or sarcasm, depending on the emotional context. 

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Its a phrase used to denote sympathy or sarcasm, depending on the emotional context. 

*sighs and nods* okay Xeno