Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evil Presence in House

TigerBright19

When I was a child in the early 1990's I used to play with my toys at the top of the staircase in the house I grew up in.  Almost every day I played there, until one day I just felt a horrible evil feeling coming from my parents bedroom directly opposite the top of the stairs.  My parents were downstairs watching TV after dinner and I was alone upstairs.  Their bedroom door was slightly open.  I sat on the top step of the stairs and tried to continue playing with my new Playmobil pirate ship, but I couldn't.  In my bones I felt there was something evil coming from their bedroom and I felt it was telling me to come inside.  I felt a cold breeze seep through the bottom of the door towards me.  I dropped my toys and ran downstairs so fast that I almost fell, and I ran straight into my mother's arms.  I never told them about it, and I never played with my toys at the top of the stairs ever again.  We moved house not long after.  I only have a few memories of that house and that horrible evil presence coming from that room stands out the most.  Has anyone felt an evil entity without actually witnessing it?  Years later I watched the movie 'The Shining' and when Danny looks at the door for room 237 I immediately thought of that day at the top of the stairs as I knew there was something evil emitting from that room.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

It might have been, but the only scary thing I watched back then would be Pee Wee's Playhouse and that scene in the movie were he meets 'large Marge'.

3 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

It might have been, but the only scary thing I watched back then would be Pee Wee's Playhouse and that scene in the movie were he meets 'large Marge'.

I can not tell you the exact factors for this feeling you had. I'm not you. At most I can only speculate at to how and why. Since this hasn't bothered you in years, I'd just consider it as "something weird". 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

That was a whacked out show. I never saw the movie but not long ago for nostalgia I decided to watch an episode as an adult. I can't imagine how much LSD someone was taking to come up with those ideas but man that shows a trip.

This must be the scene you are talking about:

21 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

When I was a child in the early 1990's I used to play with my toys at the top of the staircase in the house I grew up in.  Almost every day I played there, until one day I just felt a horrible evil feeling coming from my parents bedroom directly opposite the top of the stairs.  My parents were downstairs watching TV after dinner and I was alone upstairs.  Their bedroom door was slightly open.  I sat on the top step of the stairs and tried to continue playing with my new Playmobil pirate ship, but I couldn't.  In my bones I felt there was something evil coming from their bedroom and I felt it was telling me to come inside.  I felt a cold breeze seep through the bottom of the door towards me.  I dropped my toys and ran downstairs so fast that I almost fell, and I ran straight into my mother's arms.  I never told them about it, and I never played with my toys at the top of the stairs ever again.  We moved house not long after.  I only have a few memories of that house and that horrible evil presence coming from that room stands out the most.  Has anyone felt an evil entity without actually witnessing it?  Years later I watched the movie 'The Shining' and when Danny looks at the door for room 237 I immediately thought of that day at the top of the stairs as I knew there was something evil emitting from that room.

We moved into a 30-year-old home and didn't notice anything until we began renovating it.  One particular bedroom exhibited exactly what you described... just out-of-the-blue.  I prayed over some olive oil to sanctify it, made the sign of the cross over the windows and doors and prayed for Christ to cleanse the space and remove any entities that had taken residence there.  I never felt any unease after that.  I would have put it down to my imagination but I never watched any movies, read any books or heard any stories about the property that could have set me up for such things.  It just appeared and stayed until I acted in faith.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, and then said:

We moved into a 30-year-old home and didn't notice anything until we began renovating it.  One particular bedroom exhibited exactly what you described... just out-of-the-blue.  I prayed over some olive oil to sanctify it, made the sign of the cross over the windows and doors and prayed for Christ to cleanse the space and remove any entities that had taken residence there.  I never felt any unease after that.  I would have put it down to my imagination but I never watched any movies, read any books or heard any stories about the property that could have set me up for such things.  It just appeared and stayed until I acted in faith.

You showed true faith and proper focus. Something I'd expect from a real Christian, a rare thing.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

That was a whacked out show. I never saw the movie but not long ago for nostalgia I decided to watch an episode as an adult. I can't imagine how much LSD someone was taking to come up with those ideas but man that shows a trip.

This must be the scene you are talking about:

I'd never seen this...lol...but it reminded me of an old Red Sovine tune/ballad from the 70's called Phantom 309

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

You showed true faith and proper focus. Something I'd expect from a real Christian, a rare thing.

I'm no saint, friend, I can assure you of that!  Just a man that knows he's in need of a Savior. :)   But if a Christian doesn't trust his Lord in a situation like THAT, I'd worry about his faith :tu:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm no saint, friend, I can assure you of that!  Just a man that knows he's in need of a Savior. :)   But if a Christian doesn't trust his Lord in a situation like THAT, I'd worry about his faith :tu:

Nobody is. My boss will be the first to tell you and he's a Presbyterian Preacher (i.e. Calvinist) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

InsignificantMatureHapuka-max-1mb.gif

How I feel reading some of these responses.

:lol: Forever the "Devil's Advocate". There is always one needed in a place like this.....:lol:

Edited by Piney
typo- need coffee
  • Like 2

On a related note.  The man who purchased our house when we moved out was connected with the church, and I understand he was training to be a Presbyterian Minister.  Wonder how he coped after we moved out.  I remember my parents were not happy when they met him because he wanted plans of the house and a survey map and my mother said he was quite demanding about it.  I believe he was intending to change the design of the house after we left.  My dad had workmen come in and knock down a wall in the living room to make it larger.  My guess is the new owner just wanted to make sure it wasn't a supporting wall.

On 26/02/2018 at 1:02 AM, Aaron2016 said:

I had a very similar experience, feeling an unpleasant entity without seeing it. In my case I was in my mid 30's and it happened in a shop that I owned. One Saturday morning I arrived at the shop the same time as a member of staff. He went straight down down into the basement area to get into his work clothes and called on me to come down. He showed me some equipment that he had put in a chiller unit the previous night which was lying on a table. He was absolutely certain he had put it away and he and I were the last people to leave the previous night.  There was no-one else who had any access to the premises.

The strange thing was there was a noticeable difference in temperature where this object was compared to the rest of the area and there shouldn't have been. It was much lower and we checked that with thermometers, a difference of 7 degrees Celsius. There really was an odd feeling. I asked another member of staff who had just arrived to come down (I didn't tell her what had happened) and she immediately felt there was a very strange atmosphere and noticed the temperature difference without any prompting from myself.

Obviously work had to start and I put the incident out of my mind as we had been very busy but around 3 hours later I had to go to the basement.. I'd been down a few times since the earlier incident without feeling anything untoward, the temperature had returned to normal.This time I immediately felt there was something there. It certainly was not pleasant and I really was scared. I felt it behind me but was too frightened to turn round as i didn't know what I might see, or not, as may have been the case.

The only thing I wanted to do was to leave that area as quick as possible which I did by looking at the floor until I reached the stairs leading out of the basement. I didn't have the courage to try to see what was causing me so much anxiety

I worked there from 1970 to 2010 and other things did happen but that was the one and only time I have ever felt anything so strange and disconcerting. It's certainly something I would not like to experience again.

• Like 1

Yea I had one experience like it. I was 18 and this was one of the first of a long string of events that make up my haunting story. Happened when I was laying in bed. I just laid down when I got this overwhelming feeling that someone was standing right next to me. Not only were they standing there, somehow I could feel they hated me and if they could they'd kill me. I slept in that room for 15 years at that point and never felt anything like it before or after. Soon after the noises started.

I wouldn't worry.. I had Darth Vader wrapped up for my small son - it was sitting under the Christmas tree for a week.. nothing happened

Edited by Dejarma

On 2/25/2018 at 5:37 PM, Piney said:

It's great when belief solves a problem, but lest we forget that it also causes a lot of them, to begin with.

• Like 2

Every time I look at this title, I think it reads Evil Presence in the White House.

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Every time I look at this title, I think it reads Evil Presence in the White House.

yeah i know what you mean:

i miss read thinking it was Evil Presents= silly me;)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 7:04 PM, XenoFish said:

It was probably just your imagination. You were a kid. It happens.

I remember when I was 13...summer, at my grandparents.  Everyone else walked to church on a Wednesday evening...I didn't want to go so I stayed home alone.  Ha!  That is when I started hearing the footsteps in the attic...I couldn't reason it away...I knew someone had broken into the house and hid in the attic and now they were going to leave because they heard how quite the house was.   I ran all the way to the church and set in the back pew.

Fear really is the great mind killer!

This didn't happen at home, but at work one day. I was working as a part time custodian at the old two story school  in the next town over. It was part of the school district I work for. It was  at that time housing the special education department. Anyways, I was up stairs  vacuuming and such, when i got an uneasy feeling. I stopped what i was doing . The feeling wasn't even  in the room with me, it felt like it was outside. For some reason, i felt like there was something evil or dreadful walking out side through the grounds towards the  railroad tracks which were maybe a 1,oo feet from the building.I'm just guessing on the distance. Felt  like if I looked out the window I'd see a monster or something weird. Never had that feeling there ever again.

The only other time I felt it was when my dad and I took a drive to look for wildflowers in the Geronimo -Barbarossa area. We stopped  and I got out to pick flowers. Well there was this abandoned house, not in great shape. I felt like something was there in the house,weird feeling. Anyhow I picked the flowers, and occassionaly took a glance at the house. Had the impression that if I got closer to the house and looked in the window which had no glass, that I'd see  what i could only describe as a living corpse , if that makes sense, like something out of a horror movie. Got the flowers and got into the car.Didn't tell my dad my feelings. I could have, since he would sometimes tell family ghost stories from Germany, and had some paranormal experiences of his own.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, XenoFish said:

I can not tell you the exact factors for this feeling you had. I'm not you. At most I can only speculate at to how and why. Since this hasn't bothered you in years, I'd just consider it as "something weird". 

Did you sense a magnificent evil in the room?

38 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Did you sense a magnificent evil in the room?

Did you even read what I wrote. Let me point it out to you!

On 2/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, XenoFish said:

I'm not you. At most I can only speculate at to how and why.

Is that not clear enough for you?