Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
acidhead

Jordan Peterson Vice interview (VIDEO)

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

acidhead

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Ok so I'm at the ...well ive gone back to the 2:18 mark where the two videos are compared and I'm not yet seeing any real differences. In fact in the aired footage they put him in a more favorable light that takes away a little of his undertaker look. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Still haven't finished the video but thus far VICE did this dude a favor by editing out some of the more absurd portions of what he is saying.

So I have to ask whats the reason for the post?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok so I'm at the ...well ive gone back to the 2:18 mark where the two videos are compared and I'm not yet seeing any real differences. In fact in the aired footage they put him in a more favorable light that takes away a little of his undertaker look. 

That was the impression I got from it too. The unedited version made Peterson appear more adamant at pushing his point than discussing the argument. He didn't come across well in either video.

Currently making sure this is not a copyright violation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
56 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Still haven't finished the video but thus far VICE did this dude a favor by editing out some of the more absurd portions of what he is saying.

So I have to ask whats the reason for the post?  

Not sure why he didn't explore the makeup argument further. He could have gone as far as asking why people wear deoderant, brush thier teeth or shower?

Answer: Because we show respect to people we find attractive and lose respect for that which we find reppelent.

Who's your lawyer?

https://goo.gl/images/idH2sJ

https://goo.gl/images/Kix2VT

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Kismit said:

:lol: That's hilarious 

 

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Not sure why he didn't explore the makeup argument further. He could have gone as far as asking why people wear deoderant, brush thier teeth or shower?

Because we show respect to people we find attractive and lose respect for that which we find reppelent.

I had much the same thought, noone wants to do business with someone who doesnt take care of themselves.

I really was waiting to hear him just flat out say "women deserve it" though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Not sure why he didn't explore the makeup argument further. He could have gone as far as asking why people wear deoderant, brush thier teeth or shower?

Because we show respect to people we find attractive and lose respect for that which we find reppelent.

Who's your lawyer?

https://goo.gl/images/idH2sJ

https://goo.gl/images/Kix2VT

 

 

I think he answered that question.

He doesn't know.

Where are the goal posts?

There exists a dynamic between men and women.

To suggest otherwise is absurd.

What results is communist Moa.  Uniform agreement.

Put it this way.... Why do transsexuals undergo hormone replacement therapy?

Thats a dynamic to adjust

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
17 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Where are the goal posts?

The goalposts are fair treatment for all. Considering that society is always changing those goalposts will always be changing. That in no way means we shouldn't work for a better world. 

I find myself really confused by the current crop of right wing personalities as there doesn't seem to be any real intent behind their hyperbole beyond being offensive. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
25 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I think he answered that question.

He doesn't know.

Where are the goal posts?

There exists a dynamic between men and women.

To suggest otherwise is absurd.

What results is communist Moa.  Uniform agreement.

Put it this way.... Why do transsexuals undergo hormone replacement therapy?

Thats a dynamic to adjust

Communist Moa? I am going to have to look this term up.

If a woman, or a man, or a transexual is the right person for a job should they be excluded from the job because they are a different gender to the ones allready employed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
31 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Communist Moa? I am going to have to look this term up.

If a woman, or a man, or a transexual is the right person for a job should they be excluded from the job because they are a different gender to the ones allready employed?

No of course not.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
1 minute ago, acidhead said:

No of course not.

 

So you believe men and woman can work together?

What is the point of the video?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
1 minute ago, Kismit said:

So you believe men and woman can work together?

What is the point of the video?

What are the goal posts.

This is the argument.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The goalposts are fair treatment for all. Considering that society is always changing those goalposts will always be changing. That in no way means we shouldn't work for a better world. 

I find myself really confused by the current crop of right wing personalities as there doesn't seem to be any real intent behind their hyperbole beyond being offensive. 

This was discussed the other day as  the difference between morals and ethics.

Morals are evolutionary. Ethics are a deliberate set of standards.

Is it morally wrong to subject someone to sexual harrasment in the workplace or ethically wrong?

 

 

 

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

What are the goal posts.

This is the argument.

Ethics should be the goal post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits

Farmer

Quote

they put him in a more favorable light that takes away a little of his undertaker look.

Ironically enough, that's what make up is for.

He oversimplifies when he conflates a purpose of make-up with the purpose of make-up. I am less sure about the purpose of high heels, if any.

Anyway, Professor Peterson's own remarks on the experience were worth watching, IMO.

He is a classical libertarian, BTW, and as such is reliably opposed to sexual (or any other kind of) vicitimization.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The goalposts are fair treatment for all. Considering that society is always changing those goalposts will always be changing. That in no way means we shouldn't work for a better world. 

I find myself really confused by the current crop of right wing personalities as there doesn't seem to be any real intent behind their hyperbole beyond being offensive. 

That was offensive?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That was offensive?

Why do the rightwing groups associate themselves with acts of discrimination? I don't mean to sound bad bbut there does appears to be a leaning towards pidgen holing and dismisivness of anything outside the realms of the conservative,"normal"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
19 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That was offensive?

getting offended is a liberal art. lol 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Kismit said:

Why do the rightwing groups associate themselves with acts of discrimination?

lamo seriously? right wings associate with discrimination??? maybe in NZ, but here in usa it is pretty much what left does. yet they keep screaming  inclusion and equality, while practicing none of that.

 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
16 hours ago, Kismit said:

Currently making sure this is not a copyright violation.

I think Vice make all their videos available on YouTube. A few HBO shows do that. Last Week Tonight is another example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
2 hours ago, aztek said:

lamo seriously? right wings associate with discrimination??? maybe in NZ, but here in usa it is pretty much what left does. yet they keep screaming  inclusion and equality, while practicing none of that.

 

Here is a quote of a post you left the thread, "The policy that allowed Parkland to Happen". A thread in itself posted to adress alledged deficienies in the Left.  

Quote

it is a serous problem now,  since minorities are the ones more likely to carry guns\knives and commit crimes, crime stats prove it beyond any doubt.  but liberal nazis canceled the common sense program.  yet they ask for "common sense laws"  like they have a clue what common sense is,.

This is both anti Liberal and anti minority.

 Can you see that when you read it?

A quick view of the political section and American news section here alone shows a much larger anti-left topic posting than anti right wing.

That small sampling of evidence appears to support the claim that the right wing is more "Against",things.

I am really not trying to be antagonistic but  it seems, anti-immigrant, the devalying of womans rights(anri feminist), anti religious tolerance, anti homosexuality, anti minority and anti transgender all come from a right point of view. 

It therefor is associated with discrimination.

I am not saying all right leaning people are racist or discriminate, I am asking how the non-racist, non discriminatory right wing leaning people feel about this association.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 hours ago, Kismit said:

 

This is both anti Liberal and anti minority.

no, that is reality, and the only people to blame are those who make and reinforce stereotype, 

i'll take antiliberal as a compliment

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
13 minutes ago, aztek said:

no, that is reality, and the only people to blame are those who make and reinforce stereotype, 

i'll take antiliberal as a compliment

You don't see this as capitulating a stereotype?

Quote

t is a serous problem now,  since minorities are the ones more likely to carry guns\knives and commit crimes, crime stats prove it beyond any doubt.  but liberal nazis canceled the common sense program.  yet they ask for "common sense laws"  like they have a clue what common sense is

In reality it is reinforcing two seperate stereotypes. One that minorities are violent criminals and the other that a rightwing view includes racism.

I'm not making the claim here I am just pointing out the flaws in the argument.

Edit to add: I should have said, three seperate stereotypes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
12 minutes ago, Kismit said:

You don't see this as capitulating a stereotype?

In reality it is reinforcing two seperate stereotypes. One that minorities are violent criminals and the other that a rightwing view includes racism.

I'm not making the claim here I am just pointing out the flaws in the argument.

no i do not see it like that at all. i would be if i was a liberal

you seem to not realize who is making\reinforcing stereotypes here, those who commit those crimes are making and reinforcing it,  not me who just observes it, and tells you how things are.  do you also have problem with our crime stats? 

you however are looking for racism  everywhere.  blame those who commit proportional amount of crimes, they are the ones making and reinforcing stereotypes. if you do not like to hear it so much

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
7 minutes ago, aztek said:

no i do not see it like that at all. i would be if i was a liberal

you seem to not realize who is making\reinforcing stereotypes here, those who commit those crimes and making and reinforcing it,  not me who just observes it, and tells you how things are.  do you also have problem with our crime stats? 

you however are looking for racism  everywhere.  blame those who commit proportional amount of crimes, they are the ones making and reinforcing stereotypes. if you do not like to hear it so much

That is right, but a liberal view might focus on finding where the disconnect is with the individual. To try and prevent the crime and the capitulation of this stereotype by the criminal. And yes people with rightwing views also handle the situation that way.

However, it is inevitably a rightwing style to blame race/religion/sexuality as part of a problem.

My original question was to ask people with rightwing leanings how they feel about the connection of these views with thier political point of view? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

That is right, but a liberal view might focus on finding where the disconnect is with the individual. To try and prevent the crime and the capitulation of this stereotype by the criminal.

 

maybe in some other universe it can, but in ours it does not work, we'v  seen enough experiments in last few decades, it only gets worst.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.