Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brandy333

Lisanne Froon, Kris Kremers -- Missing

Recommended Posts

Brandy333

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/5k14rf/what_really_happened_to_kris_kremers_and_lisanne/

This case is still an unresolved mystery about the disappearance of two Dutch women.   They were to have met with a tour guide, but went on their own, and two hours later were trying to make calls from cell phones for help.   They were never seen alive again.

 

Edited by Brandy333
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Brandy333

What I can't figure is why these women didn't wait for the tour guide, unless they just didn't realize the dangers involved in going alone.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
15 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/5k14rf/what_really_happened_to_kris_kremers_and_lisanne/

This case is still an unresolved mystery about the disappearance of two Dutch women.   They were to have met with a tour guide, but went on their own, and two hours later were trying to make calls from cell phones for help.   They were never seen alive again.

 

It's odd they began calling for help just 2 hours into the hike. It makes me wonder if they were hiding from someone when they began making the phone calls, and decided it would be safer to stay together and try to find a different trail back in to town.  

“If one of them had been injured or suffered a snake bite, then you’d expect the healthy one to hike out and get help,” says Weil, the director of the Wilderness Medicine program in Colorado."

Very mysterious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
2 hours ago, simplybill said:

It's odd they began calling for help just 2 hours into the hike. It makes me wonder if they were hiding from someone when they began making the phone calls, and decided it would be safer to stay together and try to find a different trail back in to town.  

“If one of them had been injured or suffered a snake bite, then you’d expect the healthy one to hike out and get help,” says Weil, the director of the Wilderness Medicine program in Colorado."

Very mysterious.

I read in another article the women had been seen earlier eating with two Dutch men, but it's not known if these men possibly posed a danger.   Also, why did the dog return home without them?   Yes it's very mysterious.   I believe I'd have waited for the tour guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
16 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I read in another article the women had been seen earlier eating with two Dutch men, but it's not known if these men possibly posed a danger.   Also, why did the dog return home without them?   Yes it's very mysterious.   I believe I'd have waited for the tour guide.

So I assume the Dutch men didn't come forward to help in the investigation?  Maybe they left Panama before hearing about the disappearances?

That is strange about the dog returning without them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
2 hours ago, simplybill said:

So I assume the Dutch men didn't come forward to help in the investigation?  Maybe they left Panama before hearing about the disappearances?

That is strange about the dog returning without them.  

http://boredomtherapy.com/dutch-students-disappear-panama/

This link mentions about the women having had brunch with the men, but as to if the Dutch men didn't help I don't know.  There was a huge search, both by foot and air, so if those men were not involved in the disappearance maybe they did help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill

More thoughts - perhaps they had bought some illegal drugs and went to the mountains to test them out, became disoriented, and fell while trying to traverse the difficult terrain on the backside of the Divide.

If I were to get lost in the mountains where there was no reception, I'd write a text to my friends and hit 'send'. Of course the text wouldn't be sent until the rescuers discovered the phone and turned it on, but at least everyone would know what happened. Why didn't the women do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333

I feel like these women got into something shortly after they began their hike, being something they could not easily get out of.   Whether it was becoming lost and injured or if other parties were involved in their disappearance and deaths is unknown.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tim Pearson

I've been studying this case for a while and there's one thing I can't figure out. Accidents happen but not to 2 people at the same time. The only type of thing that can do this is an attack from africanized bees. Or some other type of bee colony appearing at these altitudes. What do you think the possibility of this occurring would have been?. African bees have been known to live in random areas like bushes and dogs have also been known to startle them. Could an attack like this have also prevented them from returning back on the el pianista trail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedutchiedutch
Posted (edited)

Here is what I understood the family of these poor girls and Dutch authorities believe happened.
During their hike, a hike they wanted to do on their own, no guide was hired for this or involved, the two girls must have slipped and fell about 30/40 meters from a slope/hillside and possibly wounded and unable to get back up the slope they used their phones a couple of times but without success, to get help.
According to Dutch search and rescue crews getting lost and/or a crime was highly unlikely. 

Fact, did you know that the cab driver that presumably was the last person to see both girls alive was found a year later dead in the bodies of water of los Cangilones de Gualaca and was determined to have died of an accident.

 

Edited by thedutchiedutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe

Well, was there verification that the tour guide did not lead them somewhere?  Was it only his say so that they didn't show up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.