Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lisanne Froon, Kris Kremers -- Missing

Brandy333

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/5k14rf/what_really_happened_to_kris_kremers_and_lisanne/

This case is still an unresolved mystery about the disappearance of two Dutch women.   They were to have met with a tour guide, but went on their own, and two hours later were trying to make calls from cell phones for help.   They were never seen alive again.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Thanks 1

What I can't figure is why these women didn't wait for the tour guide, unless they just didn't realize the dangers involved in going alone.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/5k14rf/what_really_happened_to_kris_kremers_and_lisanne/

This case is still an unresolved mystery about the disappearance of two Dutch women.   They were to have met with a tour guide, but went on their own, and two hours later were trying to make calls from cell phones for help.   They were never seen alive again.

It's odd they began calling for help just 2 hours into the hike. It makes me wonder if they were hiding from someone when they began making the phone calls, and decided it would be safer to stay together and try to find a different trail back in to town.  

“If one of them had been injured or suffered a snake bite, then you’d expect the healthy one to hike out and get help,” says Weil, the director of the Wilderness Medicine program in Colorado."

Very mysterious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simplybill said:

It's odd they began calling for help just 2 hours into the hike. It makes me wonder if they were hiding from someone when they began making the phone calls, and decided it would be safer to stay together and try to find a different trail back in to town.  

“If one of them had been injured or suffered a snake bite, then you’d expect the healthy one to hike out and get help,” says Weil, the director of the Wilderness Medicine program in Colorado."

Very mysterious.

I read in another article the women had been seen earlier eating with two Dutch men, but it's not known if these men possibly posed a danger.   Also, why did the dog return home without them?   Yes it's very mysterious.   I believe I'd have waited for the tour guide.

16 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I read in another article the women had been seen earlier eating with two Dutch men, but it's not known if these men possibly posed a danger.   Also, why did the dog return home without them?   Yes it's very mysterious.   I believe I'd have waited for the tour guide.

So I assume the Dutch men didn't come forward to help in the investigation?  Maybe they left Panama before hearing about the disappearances?

That is strange about the dog returning without them.  

2 hours ago, simplybill said:

So I assume the Dutch men didn't come forward to help in the investigation?  Maybe they left Panama before hearing about the disappearances?

That is strange about the dog returning without them.  

http://boredomtherapy.com/dutch-students-disappear-panama/

This link mentions about the women having had brunch with the men, but as to if the Dutch men didn't help I don't know.  There was a huge search, both by foot and air, so if those men were not involved in the disappearance maybe they did help.

• Like 1

More thoughts - perhaps they had bought some illegal drugs and went to the mountains to test them out, became disoriented, and fell while trying to traverse the difficult terrain on the backside of the Divide.

If I were to get lost in the mountains where there was no reception, I'd write a text to my friends and hit 'send'. Of course the text wouldn't be sent until the rescuers discovered the phone and turned it on, but at least everyone would know what happened. Why didn't the women do that?

I feel like these women got into something shortly after they began their hike, being something they could not easily get out of.   Whether it was becoming lost and injured or if other parties were involved in their disappearance and deaths is unknown.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I've been studying this case for a while and there's one thing I can't figure out. Accidents happen but not to 2 people at the same time. The only type of thing that can do this is an attack from africanized bees. Or some other type of bee colony appearing at these altitudes. What do you think the possibility of this occurring would have been?. African bees have been known to live in random areas like bushes and dogs have also been known to startle them. Could an attack like this have also prevented them from returning back on the el pianista trail?

Here is what I understood the family of these poor girls and Dutch authorities believe happened.
During their hike, a hike they wanted to do on their own, no guide was hired for this or involved, the two girls must have slipped and fell about 30/40 meters from a slope/hillside and possibly wounded and unable to get back up the slope they used their phones a couple of times but without success, to get help.
According to Dutch search and rescue crews getting lost and/or a crime was highly unlikely. 

Fact, did you know that the cab driver that presumably was the last person to see both girls alive was found a year later dead in the bodies of water of los Cangilones de Gualaca and was determined to have died of an accident.

Edited by thedutchiedutch

Well, was there verification that the tour guide did not lead them somewhere?  Was it only his say so that they didn't show up?

• 3 years later...
On 27.02.2018 at 05:33, Brandy333 said:

Это дело об исчезновении двух голландских женщин до сих пор остается неразгаданной тайной. Они должны были встретиться с гидом, но отправились самостоятельно, а два часа спустя пытались звонить с мобильных телефонов за помощью. Больше их никто не видел живыми.

On 27.02.2018 at 23:45, Brandy333 said:

Я читал в другой статье, что ранее женщин видели за едой с двумя голландскими мужчинами, но неизвестно, представляли ли эти мужчины опасность. Кроме того, почему собака вернулась домой без них? Да, это очень таинственно. Я думаю, я бы подождал гида.

• 1 month later...

This is a case that's stuck with me. I have never felt it a good idea to jump to any conclusions. Not without actually having been there with them as it unfolded. Too many variables and unknowns. It is highly possible it was a tragic accident. Going off trail can be exceptionally dangerous. For anyone, anywhere. Although, there is a margin of possibility something heinous took place as well. At this moment, homicide can't be fully ruled out based on what we know. It isn't impossible. 

I've seen this one discussed to death. I've seen many people argue about it as if they are sure one way or the other. I freely admit I am not sure. I wasn't there and what has been made public could go both ways really. Although I hope one day it is known.