Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empaths: How sensitive are you?

sensitive soul

For me, personally, I am sensitive enough that just reading the headlines of articles can affect (effect?) my mood, thoughts, personality, and/or behavior. I have no barriers up, try though I might. Lately it has gotten so bad and frightening that I made an appointment with an energy and light worker for later today. Hopefully it helps, otherwise I am not sure what I will do to help myself. 

Being this sensitive makes me feel crazy, but over the last 5 days or so I have received visits from three spirits, two of which had no relation to me, that told me to visit this woman, that I am not crazy, I should meditate more, and the negativity is not mine. That gave me some reassurance!

• Like 3

Hello,

This is actually a common problem for those with less empathic sensativity. The intent of our media is to disturb and demoralize the public. You will never see reporting on the good things happening around the world, only the negative things. The idea being that there is nothing happening which is good. So from the media's perspective, good news will not be well received. That will not change as long as the masses are attracted to negativity.

I hope that energy light worker will be helpful. It can be very hard to elevate your focus away from a constant bombardment of bad news to an expanding awareness about what is really going on.

Blessings,

John

• Like 6

Welcome to UM, sensitive soul. :) If you feel you want to, it would be good if you reported back here as to how you got on with the energy and light worker. I hope they can help you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sensitive soul said:

the negativity is not mine. 

Negativity can't control you unless you let it!

Sensitive people are often very aware of their surroundings, and I think it's a very positive personality trait (especially if you work with humans or animals)

You just have to learn to protect yourself better against negativity.

The first thing you should do is to see your sensitivity as a gift, and then continue from there ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hello,

This is actually a common problem for those with less empathic sensativity. The intent of our media is to disturb and demoralize the public. You will never see reporting on the good things happening around the world, only the negative things. The idea being that there is nothing happening which is good. So from the media's perspective, good news will not be well received. That will not change as long as the masses are attracted to negativity.

I hope that energy light worker will be helpful. It can be very hard to elevate your focus away from a constant bombardment of bad news to an expanding awareness about what is really going on.

Blessings,

John

One would of thought that it's a good thing that we still see bad news.  If the news only reported on the good things it would mean that the terrible things in life are so common place as to not be interesting any more.  There is no media conspiracy, just good old human nature and I'm pleased to see interest is still with the awful.

1 minute ago, Keel M. said:

Who said it is?

A lot of people believe empathy is a psychic ability. I've been on different forums where its been claimed to be a psychic power. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keel M. said:

So you're going to assume what we believe based on people on another site?

I don't care what anyone believes. I'm just putting it out there. So there's no need to get salty. Plus this is the psychic section. Any talk of empathy should be in the psychology section. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

It can be very hard to elevate your focus away from a constant bombardment of bad news to an expanding awareness about what is really going on.

True.

Some people blindly trust the media.

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

At one point my sister and broke the same bone same hand same exact time-doing almost the same thing...I was riding a horse & was thrown when the paint ball from nowhere painted his rump. My sister and her boyfriend were horsing around in the hallway and she fell after he freaked out from touching wet paint on a door. 

My instructor was an R.N. and took me to the E.R. she used to work at. My sister went to the E.R. that took our mom's insurance. It was a large E.R. but we were next to it and didn't know it. We had different Doc's but same nurse. She thought they were playing with her or something.  Xrays for my sister came in about 15 minutes ahead of mine so when mine came in and once again was given moms name & number & tell her x bone of left wrist is broken she got mad i just did that I'm not calling the lady again nurse said she'd call dad well dad wasnt home he was at airport few miles away to surprise us. Dads people got the information to the airlines so the nurse is telling dad we're feeling no pain right now. Anyways we both open our curtain & see each other and dad nurse went to call mom but it was mom giving her hard time saying she already called til dad took phone and said both girls broke same bone same arm same time same ER.

Next 2 years we know which was sick but if she had temp of 101 so did i if she had hang over i puked for her.

Then she got very rude to people.

We grew so apart i didnt go to her funeral nor shead any tears when she died 4 months ago.

My son & i are constantly bring each other a beverage or plate the other says what's this for  thought you were hungry thirsty whatever we get thank the other. When he was in school id show up just about the same time as my son and his tormentors did. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:10 AM, LightAngel said:

Negativity can't control you unless you let it!

Sensitive people are often very aware of their surroundings, and I think it's a very positive personality trait (especially if you work with humans or animals)

You just have to learn to protect yourself better against negativity.

The first thing you should do is to see your sensitivity as a gift, and then continue from there ;)

I used to get really upset when I watched the news.  I decided I had enough stress without getting upset over things I could not change and did not have any real ability to verify the veracity of the news stories.  I already understood the bias and manipulation that is sold on the networks so I decided to not watch the news on TV, look at the front page headlines or listen to radio news.  That was in the 80's and that decision went a long way towards my becoming more stable mentally and emotionally.  It is all about manipulation.

and even though I consider myself empathic, I know that is not what is going on with my reactions to the news, that is letting myself be manipulated, which has nothing to do with empathy because it my head (my thoughts), not how someone else feels.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is all about manipulation.

Manipulation is all over the place. ;)

• Like 1