Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loyal dog returns every day to the same train

Still Waters

There are some things in life you can count on. The sun is going to come up tomorrow morning, and the certainty of taxes will still be there indefinitely. At a train station in India, there seems to be a canine constant as well.

Since January 2, a stray female dog has been consistently visiting the Kanjurmarg Railway Station in Mumbai. When the Kalyan-bound train comes every night around 11 p.m., she chases after the women's coach, peeking into doorways and scanning windows in search of something—or someone. 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/stray-dog-waiting-loyal-train-station-spd/

• Like 2

She's searching for her human. She's had babies and is desperate to find her human. I sadly suspect her owner has probably died. I don't believe this dog is confused or mistaken, her human most likely used that train to commute to work...but is no longer among the living. I hope they will be able to find another owner for her and also for the puppies, this is all so very sad. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of Hachiko the movie. Watching it will make grown up men weep.

Edited by woopypooky
  • Like 2