Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin unveils 'invincible' nuclear weapons

Still Waters

Russia has developed a new array of nuclear weapons that are invincible, according to President Vladimir Putin.

Mr Putin made the claims as he laid out his key policies for a fourth presidential term, ahead of an election he is expected to win in 17 days' time.

The weapons he boasted of included a cruise missile that he said could "reach anywhere in the world".

He said of the West: "They need to take account of a new reality and understand ... [this]... is not a bluff."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

• Like 5

:( If you burn the world you destroy yourself along with everyone else. I cannot understand the logic...Let alone the pathology....

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

:( If you burn the world you destroy yourself along with everyone else. I cannot understand the logic...Let alone the pathology....

That's because you're not a sociopath. It's almost impossible for rational people to understand irrational minds. Totally different wiring. 

• Like 2

Yawn.  Go ahead Putin.  Nuke me.  Liar.  Fake news.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

He didnt state he would go Samson if they are attacked, unlike other 'civilized nations', did he (or did I miss that, didnt read the sourced link). Based on what was quoted here, he merely stated, or implied; dont f* with Russia. Which is perfectly rational given the circumstances, with all the Russia scaremongering, NATO moving into Russia's backyard (against earlier promises), economic sanctions, as well as the West's policies in the ME.

If this is labelled as 'sociopathic', I wonder what Trump - as well as the past and present US foreign policy - is to be labelled as. The sheer level of bias against non Western heads of state, and in favour of Western heads of state (primarily the American and British variant) keeps amazing the hell out of me to be honest. Imagine if Trump was in Putin's place, where his backyard is couped by a hostile union, his interests were undermined in the ME, and his nation is demonized just like a long line of predecessors who all went belly up (well, not Assad as of yet, but it isnt because we didnt try).

Pretty safe bet the rhetoric coming from such a Russian Trump would be a wee bit more 'sociopathic' than "Our missiles can reach anywhere in the world, they need to take account of a new reality and understand ... [this]... is not a bluff." Come on.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

If this is labelled as 'sociopathic', I wonder what Trump - as well as the past and present US foreign policy - is to be labelled as.

Putin is a sociopath, given the businesses he's confiscated, billionaires and political rivals executed under his watch, etc. Not every move he makes is sociopathic - I completely understand why the claws come out when backed against a wall. Trump has some of that in him as well. Doesn't mean they are incapable of doing things that benefit others but they are definitely wired differently than most people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Phaeton80 I think Trump is just a big of a mental case......

Think I should have also quoted mr. Grey, given he earmarked it as sociopathic. Regarding your quote; I really do think the only message that was intended here was: the time of global free (power)play, forcing your will upon non Western nations, is over. I think this is a good thing, and I think Syria is a nice example of that.

If not for Russia entering the game when it did, Assad would have been ousted months ago, and we would have another Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya on our hands. Its bad enough we as Westerners are conditioned to allow thesame trick being used over and over again against aformentioned nations, but to then be massaged into demonizing Russia as well, while she has been inmeasurably more stable and civilized compared to our own policies / heads of state..  Thats a bit too much, imo. Seriously, if I hear Assad or Putin talk Vs Trump or May I definitely would prefer the former. The simple fact both these 'evil dictators' are never given any real airtime should indicate a thing or two.

• Like 1

My fav - "One included a "low-flying, difficult-to-spot cruise missile... with a practically unlimited range and an unpredictable flight path, which can bypass lines of interception and is invincible in the face of all existing and future systems of both missile defence and air defence".

Now THAT is one badass cruise missile right there... he guarantees it against even FUTURE defensive systems :w00t:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Putin is a sociopath, given the businesses he's confiscated, billionaires and political rivals executed under his watch, etc. Not every move he makes is sociopathic - I completely understand why the claws come out when backed against a wall. Trump has some of that in him as well. Doesn't mean they are incapable of doing things that benefit others but they are definitely wired differently than most people.

You are aware what happened to Russia under Gorbachev & Jeltsin, I hope? Where 'international businesses' were allowed to rob the country dry of their national assets under the guise of the 'one size fits all economic solution', privatization? There are a lot of powerful elements which are targetting Russia, especially given her rise the last couple of years.

I think we shouldnt underestimate the powers that are at play through, amongst others, these (corporate) channels. Id even go so far to say a similar policy - with extreme prejudice against such elements - would not be uncalled for in the USA, where internationalists are running amok (and have been for decades); directly against the interests of the American People.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

You are aware what happened to Russia under Gorbachev & Jeltsin, I hope? Where 'international businesses' were allowed to rob the country dry of their national assets under the guise of the 'one size fits all economic solution', privatization? There are a lot of powerful elements which are targetting Russia, especially given her rise the last couple of years.

I am not very aware of Russian politics...mostly just "surface" stuff you would find in any Western publication. So the economy was essentially plundered by big business? That's happening here, right now. 

I think we shouldnt underestimate the powers that are at play through, amongst others, these (corporate) channels. Id even go so far to say a similar policy - with extreme prejudice against such elements - would not be uncalled for in the USA, where internationalists are running amok (and have been for decades); directly against the interests of the American People.

Absolutely. Big Pharma, Big Oil...extremely powerful entities with almost global reach. I wonder if we have passed the point of no return - the point where we could have put in laws or started lawsuits against these wolves. They are immensely powerful organizations now.

• Like 3

This is simply Putin posturing for the sham elections he has upcoming.

That said if he does have a cruise missile system that avoids detection by flying low and has a global range, that would be quite extraordinary.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I am not very aware of Russian politics...mostly just "surface" stuff you would find in any Western publication. So the economy was essentially plundered by big business? That's happening here, right now. 

Absolutely. Big Pharma, Big Oil...extremely powerful entities with almost global reach. I wonder if we have passed the point of no return - the point where we could have put in laws or started lawsuits against these wolves. They are immensely powerful organizations now.

I dont think weve past the point of no return yet, but I do think we will relatively soon, if the present pattern continues unchallenged. Im afraid that 'challenge' will not be realized. But if it is, this all could change, be turned around, within a fortnight imho.. If enough people get wise to the game being played, attain critical mass, these people criminals will be hung on the largest tree in town. But again, I dont think this will happen any time soon. The control over the resp. populations is still too strong, as well as the apathy and/or ignorance of the masses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phaeton80 said:

But again, I dont think this will happen any time soon. The control over the resp. populations is still too strong, as well as the apathy and/or ignorance of the masses.

Control over the media, control over politicians...its no wonder the people are ignorant. There's a very good reason why no politician includes the Opioide crisis on their agenda. These giant companies have bribed for protection from the bottom to the top. 

• Like 3

Sometimes I think it might be better off this place ends up consumed in fire. Let another species take a whack at full consciousness a few hundred million years from now, and hope they do better then we did.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

He didnt state he would go Samson if they are attacked, unlike other 'civilized nations', did he (or did I miss that, didnt read the sourced link). Based on what was quoted here, he merely stated, or implied; dont f* with Russia. Which is perfectly rational given the circumstances, with all the Russia scaremongering, NATO moving into Russia's backyard (against earlier promises), economic sanctions, as well as the West's policies in the ME.

This part didn't seem too diplomatic:

"Giving his annual state of the nation speech, Mr Putin used video presentations to showcase the development of two new nuclear delivery systems that he said could evade detection. One video graphic appeared to show missiles raining down on the US state of Florida."

I'd imagine our friend in North Korea would be clapping his hands in glee at Putin's Cold War 2.0 presentation...

• Like 2

Sometimes I think it might be better off this place ends up consumed in fire. Let another species take a whack at full consciousness a few hundred million years from now, and hope they do better then we did.

Id like to see dolphins take a pop at it. At this point even a planet of the apes, or maybe of the bonobo's, sounds pretty good.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Let the cochroaches step up, eh? lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LV-426 said:

This part didn't seem too diplomatic:

"Giving his annual state of the nation speech, Mr Putin used video presentations to showcase the development of two new nuclear delivery systems that he said could evade detection. One video graphic appeared to show missiles raining down on the US state of Florida."

I'd imagine our friend in North Korea would be clapping his hands in glee at Putin's Cold War 2.0 presentation...

Id like to see that particular vdo, and check the source of the article, before Id put any credence to that.. Color me cynical, but there it is.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Id like to see that particular vdo, and check the source of the article, before Id put any credence to that.. Color me cynical, but there it is.

Looks like it's Florida...

Screenshot...

Untitled_1.jpg

Edited by LV-426
Added screenshot
  • Like 1

Thats Florida allright.. whatayaknow. Seems a bit unwise, must say I didnt expect that from Putin. Strong message though, maybe the sender has tuned himself to the receiver. Interesting, thanks for the fetch.

• Like 1

This weapon is nothing new (not that it exists in the Russian arsenal) SLAM

21 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Looks like it's Florida...

Screenshot...

Untitled_1.jpg

It looks to me he's sending Trump a personal message since they be aren't aimed at DC as they traditionally should be. 

On 01/03/2018 at 3:53 PM, Piney said:

And yet you'd love the weapons had they belonged to the American military.

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

And yet you'd love the weapons had they belonged to the American military.

errrr. No!  I'm a Quaker.