Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin unveils 'invincible' nuclear weapons

Still Waters

5 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

And yet you'd love the weapons had they belonged to the American military.

After 911 my people were told to become American or Canadian citizens. We couldn't be both anymore.....I should of choose Canada...

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

errrr. No!  I'm a Quaker.

Course you would.

It seems to be alright for the Americans to have the strongest military in the world - much stronger than Russia's rusting one, which is weaker than Britain's - complete with stealth jets and 15 gargantuan aircraft carriers and hundreds of drones, but whenever a story comes out that the Russians have suddenly got a new stealth plane or invincible nuclear weapons we come out and condemn and say they are naughty and bad and evil just for doing what America and other countries do - introducing new, highly advanced military technology into their armed forces.

Edited by Black Monk

Just now, Black Monk said:

Course you would.

It seems to be alright for the Americans to have the strongest military in the world - much stronger than Russia's rusting one, which is weaker than Britain's - complete with stealth jets and 15 gargantuan aircraft carriers and hundreds of drones - but whenever a story comes out that the Russians have suddenly got a new stealth plane or invincible nuclear weapons we come out and condemn and say they are naughty and bad and evil just for doing what America and other countries do - introduction new, highly advanced military technology into their armed forces.

I'm a citizen of the Lenape Confederation and the 6 Nations Delaware. The U.S is still stomping our rights!

I'm also anti-nuke

Here's an interesting article on the subject at hand..

Vladimir Putin just revealed 6 brand new Russian weapons

[..]

One aspect of the Sarmat which Putin did not touch on is that it may have revived a 1960s Soviet concept referred to in the US as ‘FOBS’ (‘Fractional Orbital Bombardment System’).

The idea behind FOBS was that an ICBM would place its nuclear warheads in low earth orbit from where, after orbiting for a short time, they would fall upon their targets on earth.

Such a system would have no range limit, whilst the orbital flight path of the warheads would not reveal the target location.

It would allow a path to North America over the South Pole, hitting targets from the south, which is the opposite direction to the one from which US early warning systems are oriented.

Putin’s references to the Sarmat having “practically no range restrictions” and being able to “attack targets via the North and South Poles” suggests strongly that it uses a FOBS system.

If so then there is a huge irony to this.

[..]

..Now we have to be aware of this reality and be sure that everything I have said today is not a bluff ‒ and it is not a bluff, believe me ‒ and to give it a thought and dismiss those who live in the past and are unable to look into the future, to stop rocking the boat we are all in and which is called the Earth.

Source: http://theduran.com/6-new-weapons-putin-revealed-state-nation-address/

Typical the rest of the OP quote, completely quoted in blue here, was missing in the BBC article..

• Thanks 1

Good ol' Kim was way more impressive. Vlad, using 2007 animation, is kinda lame.

Freakin' poser.

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Here's an interesting article on the subject at hand..

Typical the rest of the OP quote, completely quoted in blue here, was missing in the BBC article..

As far as I heard, Sarmat-2 is still in ejection tests, i.e. Russkies are still testing ejection parameters on the dummy, i.i.e. testing if dummy can reach 30 meters before engine ignition. 

• 2 months later...

You know the video would be a little more menacing if the graphics resembled the actual weapons described... what is that?

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, preacherman76 said:

Sometimes I think it might be better off this place ends up consumed in fire. Let another species take a whack at full consciousness a few hundred million years from now, and hope they do better then we did.

it is very likely that it has happened before, https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/158499-what-happened-before-the-bottleneck/

In the 80's and 90's, I thought I saw signs that the human race was beginning to mature.

I was wrong.

50 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

In the 80's and 90's, I thought I saw signs that the human race was beginning to mature.

I was wrong.

It's still one great big political peeing competition. 

• Like 3