Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Iceman' Wim Hof undergoes new brain scans

UM-Bot

This s a nice bit of synchronicity.

I have over the last 3/4 days just started to reserch Wim Hof and his methods, and all I can say is WOW!!! This stuff is truly amazing and has the potential to change everything in a hugely positive ways. Happiness Power Health. What we thought was beyond the control of the mind, is no longer held to be true.

Check out this video.  

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll learn more about what makes him unique this time around. 

1 hour ago, Podo said:

Hopefully we'll learn more about what makes him unique this time around. 

Well last time he took 12 volunteers for 2 days, taught them his method of breathing and this cold water therapy, then this 12 alongside 12 others who wasn't trained, they all got injected with e-coli, those who did the training didn't get sick. The point is, anyone can learn these methods very quickly and experience happiness, power and health for themselves.

These methods have the potential to change medicine, education, culture and every aspect of life.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 4:51 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Well last time he took 12 volunteers for 2 days, taught them his method of breathing and this cold water therapy, then this 12 alongside 12 others who wasn't trained, they all got injected with e-coli, those who did the training didn't get sick. The point is, anyone can learn these methods very quickly and experience happiness, power and health for themselves.

These methods have the potential to change medicine, education, culture and every aspect of life.

IMO, one of the biggest issues is that is was not a placebo-controlled study. It really needs to be. 

Also, wasn’t it more like 10 days, rather than two? Or did he do the experiment multiple times?

Either way, what he can do is pretty amazing and there should be a lot more research done on how he achieves what he does. 

It really is incredible what this guy is able to do.

His practices are almost the same as Tendai Buddhist techniques.

• Like 1

After watching the video I have to disagree about his regulation of his own immune system. Your immune system is regulated by your microbiom. That group of bacteria, fungus and viruses that live on and in you. Compromised immune systems and food intolerance and allergies are from a lack of said buggies. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

His practices are almost the same as Tendai Buddhist techniques.

There's a Nat Geo video out there of Buddhists performing similar feats. I would post it but my friggin pc died and I'm typing this on a Raspberry Pi

• Like 1

1 minute ago, internetperson said:

There's a Nat Geo video out there of Buddhists performing similar feats. I would post it but my friggin pc died and I'm typing this on a Raspberry Pi

My Uncle Jimmy is a Tendai monk. I use some of his techniques. I'm 49 and look and act like a 25 year old athlete.

6 minutes ago, internetperson said:

The gals must love that I'm sure. God bless you.

So they tell me here.

I live the life of a ascetic and spend most of it in the woods, so I don't see many in real time.