Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants to become president for life?

IBelieveWhatIWant

I can't imagine anyone else would want the job considering the state of affairs that it is in at the moment ...

~

• Like 7

From the link:

"Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

What in the hell did they put in that "big, beautiful chocolate cake" they had?
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

Yeah, I knew this was gonna happen. Give a megalomaniac power and he will just want more

That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this forum in the 14 years I've been here.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, joc said:

That has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this forum in the 14 years I've been here.  

Idiotic as in my comments or the article or what Trump said?

• Like 3

Quote:

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Trump's humour is dry humour.  I'll admit I didn't click on the CNN video but later on in the article it mentions he wonders how Hillary is doing... If she's lonely.  Further down CNN prints he "sarcastically" critizises GWB on Iraq..... yeah..... Go figure.

The media did this to Trump throughout the R's primary... Printing his words out of context.

There is a reason they won 4/10 at the fake news awards.

Bravo!!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Quote:

And if Obama said that, or if Hillary got elected and said that... Bravo?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Quote:

Trump's humour is dry humour.  I'll admit I didn't click on the CNN video but later on in the article it mentions he wonders how Hillary is doing... If she's lonely.  Further down CNN prints he "sarcastically" critizises GWB on Iraq..... yeah..... Go figure.

The media did this to Trump throughout the R's primary... Printing his words out of context.

Bravo!!!!

Yep and I'm sure if Obama made the same comments (or spent roughly 1/3rd of his presidency golfing) and Dems said "Obama's humour is dry humour" Repubs would have just accepted that, right? Either you are native or ignorant.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He should double down on th joke, say that he’d not call himself President for Life, but rather Omnipresident. 

The Patrician.

Patrician https://g.co/kgs/3fBUrw

• Like 3

Just sittin' back here waiting to see how many Trump supporters will actually support the idea of Trump being president indefinitely...

Especially given the number of right-wing conspiracies there were of the mythical Obama third-term...

I've learned not to ever assume the Trump cult 'surely wouldn't support him after that', cause they always do...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Yep and I'm sure if Obama made the same comments (or spent roughly 1/3rd of his presidency golfing) and Dems said "Obama's humour is dry humour" Repubs would have just accepted that, right? Either you are native or ignorant.

That's unfair, it's only almost 1/4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Just sittin' back here waiting to see how many Trump supporters will actually support the idea of Trump being president indefinitely...

Especially given the number of right-wing conspiracies there were of the mythical Obama third-term...

I've learned not to ever assume the Trump cult 'surely wouldn't support him after that', cause they always do...

Can you blame them, they supported (and still support) a child molester. Poor things were probably feed lead as toddlers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He should double down on th joke, say that he’d not call himself President for Life, but rather Omnipresident. 

Well, that would be "unpresidented".

• Like 5

Just now, Likely Guy said:

That's unfair, it's only almost 1/4.

You're right, I didn't take into account the 3 extra months between November and February :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Idiotic as in my comments or the article or what Trump said?

i didn't even click on the article......

Just now, joc said:

i didn't even click on the article......

Ah, so living in denial. Got it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You guys crack me up!!! Enjoy your Oscar's tomorrow night!!!

Nice side skirting there. Just bury your head in the sand.

• Like 5

Just now, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Ah, so living in denial. Got it.

I'm not really sure what you got...all I know is...I don't want it...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

The Patrician.

The Patriarch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

You're right, I didn't take into account the 3 extra months between November and February :)

No, actually he's only spent 100 days of his 407 day old presidency golfing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Quote:

Bravo!!!!

That's pretty much all there is to it. CNN has done this a thousand times since late 2016. It all started with Trump's "grab em" joke, taken from a private conversation some 20 years ago. 

Guys, President Trump is still Trump. The same reality TV star and real estate mogul the world has always known. "He doesn't act Presidential!" ...and what are we supposed to do about that? He's 70 years deep in to being Trump the character. You can save yourselves a lot of stress induced hair loss by remembering that this is  THE Donald J Trump now playing the part of POTUS. Assume he's joking first, then work backwards from there to determine what he meant.

Yes, that does make his comment wildly different coming from Obama or Hillary. Different people entirely, not comparable. Celebrities don't act like lawyers unless it's in the script.

Edit to add--

To believe he actually wants to model China's Communist regime is to buy in to the hype built up the MSM. I'm only half convinced he even wants to be President, let alone "rule for eternity". Besides, how many good years does he have left? Much ado about nothing, says I.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3