Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants to become president for life?

IBelieveWhatIWant

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No, actually he's only spent 100 days of his 407 day old presidency golfing.

Only a quarter of him time. 

What an upstanding saint of a man.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Can you blame them, they supported (and still support) a child molester. Poor things were probably feed lead as toddlers.

What baffles me is that they do this whilst claiming to be the party of 'morals'...

This is where I say that Trumpism isn't something I disagree with politically, it's something I disagree with morally.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Only a quarter of him time. 

What an upstanding saint of a man.

Less than a quarter, thank you!

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Less than a quarter, thank you!

Yes, you’re right. I sit suitably corrected and chagrined.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, you’re right. I sit suitably corrected and chagrined.

I'm sure that he was working the entire time though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's pretty much all there is to it. CNN has done this a thousand times since late 2016. It all started with Trump's "grab em" joke, taken from a private conversation some 20 years ago. 

Guys, President Trump is still Trump. The same reality TV star and real estate mogul the world has always known. "He doesn't act Presidential!" ...and what are we supposed to do about that? He's 70 years deep in to being Trump the character. You can save yourselves a lot of stress induced hair loss by remembering that this is  THE Donald J Trump now playing the part of POTUS. Assume he's joking first, then work backwards from there to determine what he meant.

Yes, that does make his comment wildly different coming from Obama or Hillary. Different people entirely, not comparable. Celebrities don't act like lawyers unless it's in the script.

Trump's 'grab em' comment wasn't a simple 'joke'. The problem isn't just vulgar language, the problem is the fact that he bragged about committing sexual assault.

He said: "I don't even wait, and when you're a star they'll let you do it."

Then after that numerous women have come forward with highly credible allegations of Trump committing the very sexual assault that Trump himself admitted to.

I think most all of us agree that vulgar speech is not a disqualifier for the office of the presidency. I honestly don't care about that. What I care about is the fact that when someone brags about assaulting women on tape, and then numerous other women come forward claiming it to be true, it shouldn't be poo-pooed with claims of 'locker room talk' and whataboutisms.

You know damn well that if Obama or Bernie bragged about assaulting women on tape and then had numerous credible accusations against them immediately afterwards, that you'd jump on that for political expedience in a heartbeat. But since Trump's your golden boy, he gets a free pass.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Trump's 'grab em' comment wasn't a simple 'joke'. The problem isn't just vulgar language, the problem is the fact that he bragged about committing sexual assault.

He said: "I don't even wait, and when you're a star they'll let you do it."

Then after that numerous women have come forward with highly credible allegations of Trump committing the very sexual assault that Trump himself admitted to.

I think most all of us agree that vulgar speech is not a disqualifier for the office of the presidency. I honestly don't care about that. What I care about is the fact that when someone brags about assaulting women on tape, and then numerous other women come forward claiming it to be true, it shouldn't be poo-pooed with claims of 'locker room talk' and whataboutisms.

You know damn well that if Obama or Bernie bragged about assaulting women on tape and then had numerous credible accusations against them immediately afterwards, that you'd jump on that for political expedience in a heartbeat. But since Trump's your golden boy, he gets a free pass.

Just tell me you were as appalled by the actions in the Oval Office of Slick Willy Clinton....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Just tell me you were as appalled by the actions in the Oval Office of Slick Willy Clinton....

I genuinely was. (granted I was just starting elementary school around that time, so I have retroactive disgust, but whatevs)

Can you say the same for Trump? Or is this just another deflection?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I genuinely was. (granted I was just starting elementary school around that time, so I have retroactive disgust, but whatevs)

Can you say the same for Trump? Or is this just another deflection?

What Trump said was between him and a friend...it actually was locker room humor...but there is no proof whatsoever that he ever sexually assaulted someone...I know you don't like Trump...and you know I do...I didn't know you were in grade school at the time.  And...I don't think you are a hypocrite either...but...practically the entire media and the entire Democrat Party (at least in Washington) lock stepped around Clinton and made excuse after excuse after excuse...it was nauseating.

Anyway...carry on my fine feathered friend...

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He should double down on th joke, say that he’d not call himself President for Life, but rather Omnipresident. 

Nah, he has a dry wit, he isn't actually cruel.  He knows that would cause messy head explosions, ala MARS ATTACKS ;) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joc said:

What Trump said was between him and a friend...it actually was locker room humor...but there is no proof whatsoever that he ever sexually assaulted someone...I know you don't like Trump...and you know I do...I didn't know you were in grade school at the time.  And...I don't think you are a hypocrite either...but...practically the entire media and the entire Democrat Party (at least in Washington) lock stepped around Clinton and made excuse after excuse after excuse...it was nauseating.

Anyway...carry on my fine feathered friend...

It's amazing how you can call someone a hypocrite whilst stating one of the most hypocritical things imaginable.

You want to complain about the Clinton's misconduct all while defending Trump's. I've already said that I have no love for the Clintons, and I strongly oppose their actions, as well as any misconduct on the part of any democrat in Washington. What I oppose is sexual misconduct on anyone's part, and I refuse to defend anyone just because I agree with them politically. Unlike you, I actually care about principles as opposed to just being a partisan political hack.

I just wish to god one of you Trump supporters would get it through your head that you don't have to defend someone incessantly, just because they're on your 'team.' But then again if you could do that, you probably wouldn't be supporting Trump in the first place... One can only hope...

Special pleading is a form of fallacious argument that involves an attempt to cite something as an exception to a generally accepted rule, principle, etc. without justifying the exception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

• Like 3

And...I don't think you are a hypocrite either..

It's amazing how you can call someone a hypocrite whilst stating one of the most hypocritical things imaginable.

You want to complain about the Clinton's misconduct all while defending Trump's. I've already said that I have no love for the Clintons, and I strongly oppose their actions, as well as any misconduct on the part of any democrat in Washington. What I oppose is sexual misconduct on anyone's part, and I refuse to defend anyone just because I agree with them politically. Unlike you, I actually care about principles as opposed to just being a partisan political hack.

I just wish to god one of you Trump supporters would get it through your head that you don't have to defend someone incessantly, just because they're on your 'team.' But then again if you could do that, you probably wouldn't be supporting Trump in the first place... One can only hope...

I wasn't calling you a hypocrite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

I wasn't calling you a hypocrite.

Lol, forgive me. It's late, and been a long rough day. I missed the word "don't" somehow. My mistake.

Regardless, my argument still stands. You defend Trump while complaining of Clinton. Special pleading 101.

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Lol, forgive me. It's late, and been a long rough day. I missed the word "don't" somehow. My mistake.

Regardless, my argument still stands. You defend Trump while complaining of Clinton. Special pleading 101.

Words are words....

Sexual Assault is an action. 

I forgive you...it's been a long...somewhat difficult day here as well....come to think of it...most of them are...oh well...tomorrow is another day.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

What's funny is that the term "locker room humor" is actually a thing now.  I don't know...8 years in the Army in an all male combat arms unit, and we never joked about sexually assaulting women.  I guess we weren't up on our "locker room humor", or, we just realized that sexual assault isn't funny, no matter what company you are in.  But, hey, you can joke about that with your male friends...if that's what floats your boat.

I don't joke about anything sexual....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Trump's humour is dry humour. 

I actually find Trump hilarious on many levels (sad but true) even with his narcissistic traits, I've picked up on some of his dry humour over time. But I'm sure that on some level (in his own mind at least)...that he'd like to see himself as being a president /ruler for life. Ditch elections, ditch four / eight year terms....and hail America's Julius Caesar.

download_7.jpg

:P..

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I actually find Trump hilarious on many levels (sad but true) even with his narcissistic traits. Iv'e picked up on some of his dry humour over time. But I'm sure that on some level (in his own mind at least)...that he'd like to see himself as being a president /ruler for life. Ditch elections, ditch four / eight year terms....and hail America's Julius Caesar.

download_7.jpg

:P..

Nah, Julius did a pretty good job as Dictator and later Ruler.

its folks like Nero, Caligula and Diocletian who give Caesars a bad name.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nah, Julius did a pretty good job as Dictator and later Ruler.

its folks like Nero, Caligula and Diocletian who give Caesars a bad name.

Yes, so many scoundrels throughout the annals of history. 

• Like 4

Two terms was only a tradition until a certain Democrat chose to ignore it and serve as President for life and died in office. Only after that did it become law.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Two terms was only a tradition until a certain Democrat chose to ignore it and serve as President for life and died in office. Only after that did it become law.

That's interesting Hammer. So it was Franklin Roosevelt, ( i just did a quick wiki search). That's a very long time to serve. I'm wondering tho, if he was such a terrible president. Then why did the people keep electing him for office at the time ? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Astra. said:

That's interesting Hammer. So it was Franklin Roosevelt, ( i just did a quick wiki search). That's a very long time to serve. I'm wondering tho, if he was such a terrible president. Then why did the people keep electing him for office at the time ? 

I think it was because of the fear and chaos of the economic collapse.  People were desperate and hurting and FDR used the power of government to help them survive with dignity.  The same thing happened in Germany and Italy.  If Hitler had stepped down after 1936-38, he'd have been the greatest loved leader in Germany's history.  He brought about incredible changes for the good of the nation up 'til that point.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

The same reasons they would have re-elected Obama for a third term; because they liked him and his policies and programs, because the other party ran a less popular candidate and because they could. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Providing your tax returns used to be a tradition as well until someone chose to ignore it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, and then said:

I think it was because of the fear and chaos of the economic collapse.  People were desperate and hurting and FDR used the power of government to help them survive with dignity.  The same thing happened in Germany and Italy.  If Hitler had stepped down after 1936-38, he'd have been the greatest loved leader in Germany's history.  He brought about incredible changes for the good of the nation up 'til that point.

Thanks for your input 'and then'..I truly appreciate it. According to wiki as well... Roosevelt was rated by scholars as one of the three greatest U.S. Presidents, along with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. I imagine, that being remembered in a fond way (legacy wise) by the people, is all a past President (living or deceased) can hope for and be proud of. 

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The same reasons they would have re-elected Obama for a third term; because they liked him and his policies and programs, because the other party ran a less popular candidate and because they could. 

Cheers, and I guess as far as politics and elections go... people like to have change as well. IMO, Obama looked tired after doing two terms. He'd also aged somewhat. I suppose after having such an enormous responsibility like running a country and all that goes with it, certainly can take it's toll on a person. 

• Like 2