Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants to become president for life?

IBelieveWhatIWant

On 3/16/2018 at 4:04 PM, AnchorSteam said:

Actually.... no, that is just the start o what we can do.We can also hold their feet to the fire with constant feedback, but withholding contributions and TELLING THEM WHY when they ask for more.  We can attent Town Hall meetings and call for recall elections when we are not being represented the way they claimed when they were candidates. 

Don't let anyone tell you your vote is your only power, that only gives your power up to the biggest con-artist in the race.

You're very right, if you want to make changes, you got get off your butt and make yourself heard. I think we need to change how we do elections.  Limit  the length of time candidates can campaign; limit the amount individuals can give  to campaigns; do away with PACs and citizens united; contributions must come from individual human beings who must also be eligible to vote in the US.  Another thing I would like to see is put the primaries all on one day.  That help limit the money needed to run. Limit the amount of ad time on TV for each candidate, so we are not overwhelmed and candidates have to get out and stump the old fashion way. Do away with electoral college, stupid idea to begin with.  Trouble is, the people we have put in office have a lot to gain (money) by keeping the status quo. And it will take some changes to the Constitution, which is like pulling teeth out of an elephant.  It might take another revolution.

• Like 3

The electoral college is so necessary. If we didn’t have it New York City and Los Angeles would nearly dictate every election. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

You're very right, if you want to make changes, you got get off your butt and make yourself heard. I think we need to change how we do elections.  Limit  the length of time candidates can campaign; limit the amount individuals can give  to campaigns; do away with PACs and citizens united; contributions must come from individual human beings who must also be eligible to vote in the US.  Another thing I would like to see is put the primaries all on one day.  That help limit the money needed to run. Limit the amount of ad time on TV for each candidate, so we are not overwhelmed and candidates have to get out and stump the old fashion way. Do away with electoral college, stupid idea to begin with.  Trouble is, the people we have put in office have a lot to gain (money) by keeping the status quo. And it will take some changes to the Constitution, which is like pulling teeth out of an elephant.  It might take another revolution.

One thing; the electoral college cauterizes corruption. We need it for the time being.

As for the rest, hell yeah!

Normally I would argue against talk of more revolution, but it does appear as if we are being boxed into that situation by the powers that be... and not on purpose. We have developed an aristocracy in this country, just like all the rest. The problem with Aristocrats is they are so arrogant, so removed and so thick that the only proven method of changing their minds about anything is a bullet through the brain. Not only do they not approve of Free Thinking, they are incapable of it themselves. 

And, it isn't a matter of tolerating them anymore, they have the power now... and its just too bad that power is the one and only thing they have any comprehension of. Inbreeding always robs them of the ability to think along more than one path at the same time. 

It is a hideous thing to say it, but I am very glad that I am not young, not in this day & age. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

One thing; the electoral college cauterizes corruption. We need it for the time being.

As for the rest, hell yeah!

Normally I would argue against talk of more revolution, but it does appear as if we are being boxed into that situation by the powers that be... and not on purpose. We have developed an aristocracy in this country, just like all the rest. The problem with Aristocrats is they are so arrogant, so removed and so thick that the only proven method of changing their minds about anything is a bullet through the brain. Not only do they not approve of Free Thinking, they are incapable of it themselves. 

And, it isn't a matter of tolerating them anymore, they have the power now... and its just too bad that power is the one and only thing they have any comprehension of. Inbreeding always robs them of the ability to think along more than one path at the same time. 

It is a hideous thing to say it, but I am very glad that I am not young, not in this day & age. 

I don't see how having the electoral college really cauterized any corruption in the last election.  The problem with revolutions they don't always turned out as planned and you end up worse off, than when you started. 

• Like 1

I don't think there was any issue with the electoral college. It was HRC's campaigning strategy, as well as being just as bad as DT that sunk her dreams.

If HRC had won, those who are loudest in calling for the elimination of the EC would be crowing a different story, IMHO.