Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My 3 ufo sightings / strange occurrences in t

• 2 weeks later...

The first one looks awfully like the exercises you do in video editors like After Effects to practice motion tracking...  But assuming it's real, I'd guess at a few helium-filled foil balloons.  I assumed that was the best, so did not move onto the others - I've already wasted far too long on Youtube videos showing blurred distant things in the sky.

Yes, there are a lot of things in the sky, and if they are distant and/or you don't have a very good telephoto lens, you will not be able to make them out clearly...

(People closer to the object or with much better cameras generally do not post those youtube clips.  (As they recognised the objects...)

• Like 1

For those who say or will say that it's fake (made with graphics software, etc.), I'll take it as a compliment. You're the first one tho, or the second. Doesn't matter, anyways. Although usually good CGI is called fake, and if this was a CGI, it would be hard to call it good, but still. And I'd like to see you doing the same exact copy of it ('cause it is awfully similar). I don't want to sound arrogant or too cocky, but, well, knowing it's real material, 'cause I myself filmed it, I'm confident about all of it.

Whether it's an actual UFO or a balloon, that I can't tell, 'cause I simply don't know. Had I knew I'd see all of this, I'd made sure to have a nikon coolpix p900 or something, but you can't know when you'll see something like this, as if 'tomorrow I'm gonna be sitting in the balcony, and I'll certainly see an UFO, so I have to have a proper camera! Come on now. I'm glad I still look at the sky, while most of generation Zombie look at their phones and barely look up anymore.

But I posted it, and many people found that interesting (at least in other forums) :) so no regrets on my part.

p.s. all the motion was done either by my not so steady holding of the phone, and by unidentified flying object itself - or, most likely, combination of both, as you can see in the video itself ;). but even some good cameras on tripods can shake, no matter how steady they are put, but I know that's not an excuse of my not so good filming. I wanted to zoom in all of the scenes with the object, but since I didn't hold it steady, it was moving from the frame, and I don't know how, or even if there's an tool to make a zoom effect follow the object, so I zoomed in only those parts, in which the object was most of the time in the frame. I used Sony Vegas Pro 12 for the zooming/slowing effect.

Video 1: balloon(s)

Video 2: a group of young guys listening to teenage girl music. Not sure there is anything more to see in that one, but very weird, nonetheless.

Video 3: a video of a picture of a bird or insect flying by.

Next, please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krater said:

Video 1: balloon(s)

Video 2: a group of young guys listening to teenage girl music. Not sure there is anything more to see in that one, but very weird, nonetheless.

Video 3: a video of a picture of a bird or insect flying by.

Next, please.

1. Maybe.

2. You seem to know about this music, you probably went through that phase. That’s good. Anyway, it was one of Boston’s radio.

3. A photo.

No next, but if I’ll manage to see something in the future, I’ll definitely put it here, ‘cause I realized that in this forum people have knowledge and they are certain about what they see.

• 4 months later...

Three videos that show little if anything.

I see no point in speculating about the videos.

• Like 1

Waltham video - you meed to bring binoculars with you so that you can figure out what it is that you are filming.

51 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

did anyone else see it?

Yeah, I can give You the guys facebook, if You are interested. I think You can hear him in the video, making a weird sound. He's the one who said - hey, *my name*, come look up.

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Three videos that show little if anything.

I see no point in speculating about the videos.

Very good for you, feel free not speculate. Or speculate.

41 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Waltham video - you meed to bring binoculars with you so that you can figure out what it is that you are filming.

Maybe I meed.

• Like 1

I'll bet that the ones you at the site and not noticed something afterward wuld all be resolved by binoculars.

One of the problems is your focus. In video 1 the eave is in focus and therefore the background is out of focus. A blurry dot is unidentifiable and there really is nothing to do about that but send you off to do better work. That's fair to say don't you think?

I have binoculars in my car. I also have solar filters from the eclipse I made for the binoculars. I use them all of the time to look at things such as birds, ships, the planets, and whatever catches my fancy. I f you are interested in UFOs then you should get some tools to do the job.

Get yourself 50mm lenses for the light collecting capability.  Great to see the moons of Jupiter, nebula, comets, and maybe even a UFO

Edited by stereologist

You can bet whatever, You would lose. You would be surprised how many Americans don't give a crap what's above their heads (in the sky). But I guess I'm different (and not American), and even if it's a balloon or whatever - if it looks weird to me, I will film it with my poor little iphone and will put it on YouTube. That annoys You or anybody else? Wasn't my intention, but either way -I'm not sorry. But these poor videos made you give me some advice, so that's cool, I guess? And people will still see through all the blurriness, that the thing is rotating. And many find them still interesting, even if the quality is poor. But hey, at least you didn't start the typical words - it's fake, poor CGI. The quality is poor, that's a fact, but none of my videos are fake (made with computer software, whatever).

I hope you didn't get triggered by the - ''I'm big UFO guy'', and I imagine that in your world that means that I'd must have a professional equipment, 'cause if I have just an iphone and my eyes, how dare I call myself a big UFO guy, right?! Well, you can interpret those words (big UFO guy) however You want, but it can, and does mean more (or less) than - I must have the equipment and be ready 24/7,

If I'm gonna get something, that will most likely be the camera that I mentioned in this topic few months ago.

Edited by y'all

2 hours ago, y'all said:

Yeah, I can give You the guys facebook, if You are interested. I think You can hear him in the video, making a weird sound. He's the one who said - hey, *my name*, come look up.

no= people in the area-- people you don't know maybe because what i see looks good but so far you're the only one (& your pal/s) who have seen it...

as usual, the only person/s who spotted it (in broad daylight no less) are the ones who videoed it-- no independent reports

just saying it as i see it, Sir

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no= people in the area-- people you don't know maybe because what i see looks good but so far you're the only one (& your pal/s) who have seen it...

as usual, the only person/s who spotted it (in broad daylight no less) are the ones who videoed it-- no independent reports

just saying it as i see it, Sir

Pal. Maybe as usual, but what should I have done in that situation? Should I have ran like a psycho to doors and say to strangers (neighbors) "hey ! hey! look in the sky! do you see what I see? oh wait, what do I see? let's call cnn and fox news!! let's make it global, 'cause that will make it automatically more believable" just to hear "it's a balloon, or a bird". Come on now. No independent reports - because a little number cares about it and looks in the sky anymore. The guys from my country that I lived with even don't care and make fun of me by calling me an ufo guy, and the one who did care enough to inform me, that there's something in the sky, kinda laughed when I decided to film it.

1 hour ago, y'all said:

You can bet whatever, You would lose. You would be surprised how many Americans don't give a crap what's above their heads (in the sky). But I guess I'm different (and not American), and even if it's a balloon or whatever - if it looks weird to me, I will film it with my poor little iphone and will put it on YouTube. That annoys You or anybody else? Wasn't my intention, but either way -I'm not sorry. But these poor videos made you give me some advice, so that's cool, I guess? And people will still see through all the blurriness, that the thing is rotating. And many find them still interesting, even if the quality is poor. But hey, at least you didn't start the typical words - it's fake, poor CGI. The quality is poor, that's a fact, but none of my videos are fake (made with computer software, whatever).

I hope you didn't get triggered by the - ''I'm big UFO guy'', and I imagine that in your world that means that I'd must have a professional equipment, 'cause if I have just an iphone and my eyes, how dare I call myself a big UFO guy, right?! Well, you can interpret those words (big UFO guy) however You want, but it can, and does mean more (or less) than - I must have the equipment and be ready 24/7,

If I'm gonna get something, that will most likely be the camera that I mentioned in this topic few months ago.

It's not annoying. It is pointless. It doesn't really tell us anything. What you can do is to junk that crappy iphone camera and get a real camera or better yet get some binoculars.

Is it rotating? That is not clear. That cannot be determined from the horrible videos you posted. Maybe they are rocking back and forth? Maybe this is a trick of the eye as the object passes pixel boundaries?

Suppose it is rotating. Who cares. It is either translating or rotating or both. So what?

I should point out that Americans are very interested in what is up there. A recent poll shows that 70% of Americans think that space should be an important research aspect that the government needs to continue to invest in. That means more than half of Americans want their money spent on space. The other 30% are not necessarily not interested in space. They just don't want their money spent there.

Here is what Americans think about when it comes to what is up there.

http://www.pewinternet.org/2018/06/06/majority-of-americans-believe-it-is-essential-that-the-u-s-remain-a-global-leader-in-space/

Sixty years after the founding of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), most Americans believe the United States should be at the forefront of global leadership in space exploration. Majorities say the International Space Station has been a good investment for the country and that, on balance, NASA is still vital to the future of U.S. space exploration even as private space companies emerge as increasingly important players.

Roughly seven-in-ten Americans (72%) say it is essential for the U.S. to continue to be a world leader in space exploration, and eight-in-ten (80%) say the space station has been a good investment for the country, according to a new Pew Research Center survey conducted March 27-April 9, 2018.

It seems you are completely out of touch with what Americans think You wrote this and it clearly wrong.

You would be surprised how many Americans don't give a crap what's above their heads (in the sky).

Definitely demonstrably wrong.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

It's not annoying. It is pointless. It doesn't really tell us anything. What you can do is to junk that crappy iphone camera and get a real camera or better yet get some binoculars.

Is it rotating? That is not clear. That cannot be determined from the horrible videos you posted. Maybe they are rocking back and forth? Maybe this is a trick of the eye as the object passes pixel boundaries?

Suppose it is rotating. Who cares. It is either translating or rotating or both. So what?

I should point out that Americans are very interested in what is up there. A recent poll shows that 70% of Americans think that space should be an important research aspect that the government needs to continue to invest in. That means more than half of Americans want their money spent on space. The other 30% are not necessarily not interested in space. They just don't want their money spent there.

Maybe maybe maybe. You don't know ****. Keep on speculating tho. I will still do it, doens't matter what you say - pointless or not, 'cause to many people it doesn't appear pointless.

I was expecting you to share the statistics. The internet or the newspaper numbers don't say anything to me in this case - the Americans that surround me (work environment, and the community where I lived) - could care less.

Also, you probably do have the great camera and binoculars, yes? If so, have you ever captured something that could be called ufo? or something that would appear as ufo, but with a decent camera it's clearly not? I don't need other people examples, you are the man, do you have something in your pockets, or just words?

I seen you spread your 'knowledge' (finding sources, overall numbers etc) and trying to disprove other people (and that's all you had, instead of showing what you caught with pro cameras, binoculars). But guess what, whatever is in those videos, it did happen, . And if I'd film a plane with my iphone's ****ty zoom, it would be blurry, but you could clearly tell it's a plane or a helicopter, while in my pointless videos you can't.

1 minute ago, y'all said:

Maybe maybe maybe. You don't know ****. Keep on speculating tho. I will still do it, doens't matter what you say - pointless or not, 'cause to many people it doesn't appear pointless.

I was expecting you to share the statistics. The internet or the newspaper numbers don't say anything to me in this case - the Americans that surround me (work environment, and the community where I lived) - could care less.

Also, you probably do have the great camera and binoculars, yes? If so, have you ever captured something that could be called ufo? or something that would appear as ufo, but with a decent camera it's clearly not? I don't need other people examples, you are the man, do you have something in your pockets, or just words?

I'm not speculating. I am stating a fact. Ther eis no need to speculate on such, what did you call them, "poor". You even called the poor quality a fact.

Anyone that thinks the videos are not pointless is kidding themselves.

So your basis for your statement is whatever you want to make up. I figured that when you were so very, very wrong.

I have a simple camera. It is point and shoot. But as I stated I have 7x50 binoculars. They are from Germany. When I was a young I lived in Berlin and watched the Berlin Wall being built. Those binoculars were originally used to look  into the East to see what was happening across the wall.

No. I have never seen a UFO. That is not to say I've not bee in places were people were pointing out objects and calling them UFOs. They were satellites. I told them but they'd rather see UFOs instead of knowing what they were viewing.

1 minute ago, y'all said:

I seen you spread your 'knowledge' (finding sources, overall numbers etc) and trying to disprove other people (and that's all you had, instead of showing what you caught with pro cameras, binoculars). But guess what, whatever is in those videos, it did happen, . And if I'd film a plane with my iphone's ****ty zoom, it would be blurry, but you could clearly tell it's a plane or a helicopter, while in my pointless videos you can't.

Nonsense. If it was a plane or helicopter your blurry images would still be unknown. All sorts of people have been posting planes using their horrible junk phone cameras and calling them UFOs.

Apparently, you are as unaware of activities in other countries as you are of Americans. The pointless videos you publish are of the same caliber as the pointless videos posted from Brazil, Mexico, India, and probably other countries.

Your videos are terrible. You called them poor and that was generous.

The simple fact is that you can fix that. Get the proper tools and instead of posting junk you could be posting very little since you'll quickly figure out what you are seeing.

So you are one of the critics that never experienced something by your own, but yet you're the first in line to judge and spread 'knowledge'. When you have something on your own, instead of statistics, then I might care what you say. You are free to go now, but I know you're the one who likes to have the last word, so speculate, or state facts. :D keep on attracting people to my topic for free.

1 is a possible balloon or piece of plastic caught in the wind....2 & 3 are clouds...Nothing out of the ordinary here.

• Like 1

Just now, stereologist said:

Nonsense. If it was a plane or helicopter your blurry images would still be unknown. All sorts of people have been posting planes using their horrible junk phone cameras and calling them UFOs.

Apparently, you are as unaware of activities in other countries as you are of Americans. The pointless videos you publish are of the same caliber as the pointless videos posted from Brazil, Mexico, India, and probably other countries.

Your videos are terrible. You called them poor and that was generous.

The simple fact is that you can fix that. Get the proper tools and instead of posting junk you could be posting very little since you'll quickly figure out what you are seeing.

It's night time where I live, should I film a plane on daylight and upload just for you, my Sir? Your words are nonsense.

Let me tell you a story of my adventures in western Texas. Driving at night headed for Big Bend. I drive by a sign that says welcome to Marfa. I start to think. I know that town name. Then it comes to me. This is the mysterious lights town. Stories of mysterious lights goes back a long time. Sure enough the local hotels have signs up about the lights.

Outside of town is a pull off full of people. I ask them what they are doing and they point out into the desert and tell me that those lights are the mysterious lights. Guess what I have in my car. You guessed it 7x50 binoculars. I check the lights and quickly tell them that it is a car, and not much of a mystery. I get some angry glares and am told that those are the mysterious lights. I offered a look through my binoculars. No one wanted to look.

• The topic was locked