Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PM May only has two Brexit options left

Unusual Tournament

1 minute ago, keithisco said:

Sorry, but I don't know where you hail from-I guess from your comment that it is somewhere in Continental Europe. 

I'm from the US.

It is important to realise that the UK vote to Leave was not influenced by anything Putin said, the worst interference came from the likes of Obama and EU leaders who most definitely did try to influence the outcome.

• Like 3

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I'm from the US.

Excuse my ignorance (genuine) but how does Putin control your energy grids and water supply?

Just now, keithisco said:

It is important to realise that the UK vote to Leave was not influenced by anything Putin said, the worst interference came from the likes of Obama and EU leaders who most definitely did try to influence the outcome.

Our own billionaires over here were colluding with Russian oligarchs. They did massive research and targeted your people with ads.

They wouldn't have spent so much money doing that if they didn't expect to get something out of Brexit.

Excuse my ignorance (genuine) but how does Putin control your energy grids and water supply?

They hacked it all. 

Also nuclear plants.

We're *****d.

Don't let it happen to you, if it already hasn't.

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Our own billionaires over here were colluding with Russian oligarchs. They did massive research and targeted your people with ads.

They wouldn't have spent so much money doing that if they didn't expect to get something out of Brexit.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. The vast amount of advertising was performed on behalf of the Remain team. "Project Fear" loomed large funded by HMG

1 minute ago, keithisco said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. The vast amount of advertising was performed on behalf of the Remain team. "Project Fear" loomed large funded by HMG

Mercer was an activist in the campaign to pull the United Kingdom out of the European Union, also known as Brexit. Andy Wigmore, communications director of Leave.EU, said that Mercer donated the services of data analytics firm Cambridge Analytica to Nigel Farage, the head of the United Kingdom Independence Party. The firm was able to advise Leave.EU through its ability to harvest data from people's Facebook profiles in order to target them with individualized persuasive messages to vote for Brexit. However, Leave.EU did not inform the UK electoral commission of the donation despite the fact that a law demands that all donations valued over £7,500 must be reported.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mercer_(businessman)

I think maybe you (ChaosRose) should start a new topic to thoroughly discuss what you see as Russian and US Billionaires having control of your vital services. I dont think that it is germaine to this thread

• Like 1

The Mercers have been seen hobnobbing with Russian oligarchs and there are even accusations that they launder money for Putin. 

There's a big club, and we're not in it.

This is directly related to Brexit.

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

This is directly related to Brexit.

No it isn't. It is solely about funding during the Referendum campaign which has been heavily discussed on these fora in the past. I am afraid that you are not bringing anything new to the table as these claims were made in the run-up to the vote almost 2 years ago. As far as I can discover the claims made over referendum funding have not reached any conclusions (given that the then Govt spent 9million pounds on a propaganda leaflet that itself was, and is, highly controversial)  

• Like 2

No it isn't. It is solely about funding during the Referendum campaign which has been heavily discussed on these fora in the past. I am afraid that you are not bringing anything new to the table as these claims were made in the run-up to the vote almost 2 years ago. As far as I can discover the claims made over referendum funding have not reached any conclusions (given that the then Govt spent 9million pounds on a propaganda leaflet that itself was, and is, highly controversial)  

The fact that our billionaires were strategically trying to influence your Brexit vote isn't about Brexit?

Why not give it a do over if you're so certain everyone wants it?

Surely, they will all vote the same way second time around...right?

Or do you think they might not?

Whilst I am sure that you enjoy watching your "Post Count" increase by only committing one sentence at a time to your posts it is actually quite aggravating.

As to your re-running arguments that have been covered many, many, times here already then I cannot be bothered to reply to this redundant line of questioning that you seem intent on propagating.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Whilst I am sure that you enjoy watching your "Post Count" increase by only committing one sentence at a time to your posts it is actually quite aggravating.

As to your re-running arguments that have been covered many, many, times here already then I cannot be bothered to reply to this redundant line of questioning that you seem intent on propagating.    

Want me to quote you each time?

Some people get ticked over that.

I just type how I'm thinkiing.

If I think of something after I post, I just post again.

Now who's derailing?

The thing is, I actually care.

I care if a lot of people die, and they just might. 

I think people have been snowed by a bunch of disinfo, and they've been divided against their own.

It makes us all sitting ducks when that happens. 

On this side of the pond, or on yours.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, acute said:

I know that, but the EU redistributes the money by subsidising our dairy farms in a way that a post-Brexit UK government won't.

its not just the money that prop's up the UK farm industry, its also export access to EU markets. that's exports of 11 billion euro's a year. the UK want's access to these markets it will have to conform to EU rules and tip into the kitty. what are the chances of that? not saying that the entire industry will collapse over night just that the costs will increase and many of those exports will just disappear in the pending restructure. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

its not just the money that prop's up the UK farm industry, its also export access to EU markets. that's exports of 11 billion euro's a year. the UK want's access to these markets it will have to conform to EU rules and tip into the kitty. what are the chances of that? not saying that the entire industry will collapse over night just that the costs will increase and many of those exports will just disappear in the pending restructure. 

Once again you highlight the plethora of choice, the freedom of choice the UK will have no longer having to abide by the EU Common Agricultural policy, which is geared towards protecting French agriculture from world competition. The UK will be able to pursue a policy which is good for British Farming and the Environment.

UK farming will be what we make of it and what policies our elected politicians make in our Parliament. It will be the choices we make here at home, no longer having policy dictated or being out voted abroad by a foreign political body, no more will the UK Farming Union have to lobby the EU Commission at great cost. No instead they will be able to directly effect future Farming policy by lobbying our own Members of Parliament. We can change policy and improve policy without having to adjust or wait for the opinion of 27 others. Agricultural policy has been in the process of being reformed in the EU since 2003. The UK under Tony Blair even gave up £3Billion of rebate to achieve this reform, - they took the money but the reform never came. im sure the UK can do much better than this, and it will.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 0:55 PM, acute said:

I have a long list of objections to Brexit, but I've just added another!

Take the example of Dairy. We import a quarter of our dairy products from the EU. When post-Brexit tariffs are introduced, we will source less from Europe and more from Australia & New Zealand.

new report aimed at identifying a strategy for the UK dairy industry post-Brexit has concluded the future is bright for British dairy farmers.

https://www.farminguk.com/news/Future-is-bright-for-British-dairy-farmers-post-Brexit-report-states_47699.html

Brexit is not just a financial and political disaster,

It's neither.

but an environmental issue too.

Global trade is happening and has been happening for millennia. It's perfectly normal and nothing unusual. Arguing that Britain mustn't indulge in global trade with our greatest allies such as Australia and New Zealand because its "bad for the environment" is, quite frankly, one of the most bizarre arguments against Brexit that I've heard yet from Remoaners, and that's saying something.

Australia's five biggest trade partners are China, USA, Japan, South Korea and Britain - all countries which are thousands of miles from Australia. Australia is partaking in global trade - which, outside the EU, is the norm.

And I've already pointed out that UK trade with the EU is declining each year. The EU is becoming less and less important to Britain.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1