Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PM May only has two Brexit options left

Unusual Tournament

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

but doesn't cave in or crumble

Time will tell Vlad  - time will tell

19 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

The real power in the EU lies with the European Parliament made up of the democratically elected MEPs from each member state. They ultimately decide on all EU law.

Oh please, so people in Britain get the chance to vote for MEPs from Germany, or people in Italy get the chance to vote for MEPs from France? They're the ones who have the power, the smaller (meaning less economically powerful) countries have no say whatsoever in who the people who really have the power are or what they decide. Who got the chance to vote for Jean-Claude Juncker as Supreme Leader? Or that Polish feller, Trusk? Tusk? 

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh please, so people in Britain get the chance to vote for MEPs from Germany, or people in Italy get the chance to vote for MEPs from France? They're the ones who have the power, the smaller (meaning less economically powerful) countries have no say whatsoever in who the people who really have the power are or what they decide. Who got the chance to vote for Jean-Claude Juncker as Supreme Leader? Or that Polish feller, Trusk? Tusk? 

You could make a similar argument for for parts of the UK.

45 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

You could make a similar argument for for parts of the UK.

Indeed. That's the problem with democracy isn't it. However locally you break it down, it'll always lead to dissatisfaction because whoever's voted for will only represent the wishes of a probably slim majority, if that.  

22 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

QMV is designed to accommodate the interests and wishes of smaller states in the European Union and prevent larger, more populous states like Germany, Britain and France, from dictating voting patterns and driving the whole enterprise according to their agenda. Britain wants to take control back because, among other reasons, it cannot have its own way in Europe all the time.

All democratic systems and processes are not perfect. A perfect system is unworkable because it would require a vote by everyone on everything, everytime. Such a system would gridlock and get very little done. If you believe in democracy then you have to accept compromise and a willingness to work cooperatively and in a bona fide way with others, something the UK no longer wishes to do in Europe.

QMV like i said is a gerrymandering system to serve the needs of an unelected Council, Commission and President. If it was designed to be anything else it would be one country one vote, its a poor example of Democracy when per-head of the population Malta as 15 times more voting power than the UK, this also applies to the other smaller members who with this increase in power are only going to use it to the Commissions advantage all the EU Commission has to do is keep them onside in the pocket, by continuing to make sure these members are kept as net recipients are they the Turkeys going to vote for Christmas. when its peddled as reform you dig to see what they're trying to circumvent.

The EU parliament is a complete joke in itself. never as humanity ever witnessed such a gathering of failed domestic, third rate also rans. just look at the groupings and these according to the blurb are the guardians against the unelected unaccountable Commission. the Parliament is a facade there is nothing behind it, an illusion to deflect criticism of undemocratic shenanigans that goes on behind closed doors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Since when did 45% constitute a majority and that is only 45% of the YouGov poll when there is a 3% margin of error? I also note that the trend is reducing monthly even in this very limited Poll.

Note to add that 42% who responded said that it was the right thing to do, so you would be just as correct to reverse the figures to take into account the margin of error

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Oh, Brexit is still on is it? I thought it had been quietly put to one side ever since Prime Minister May launched her war against Russia.  

10 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh, Brexit is still on is it? I thought it had been quietly put to one side ever since Prime Minister May launched her war against Russia.  

Well that’s what happens when your entire world view is the mainstream media I guess.

15 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well that’s what happens when your entire world view is the mainstream media I guess.

who are you referring to by that? Prime Minister May, I presume? Whose entire world view seems to be an utterly deluded one based entirely on her own propaganda.

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

The poor woman seems to be becoming increasingly like these tyrants (see, I carefully avoided naming any names) who spend the last few days of their regime in their bunker, ordering around imaginary divisions and corps and Army Groups and believing that the next move, thanks to their incomparable genius, will be the one that will finally snatch victory from the jaws of everything crumbling around them. This applies to both brexit and the war with Russia. 

On 04/04/2018 at 11:09 AM, Captain Risky said:

The only poll that counts was the one called the Referendum. i wont ask you what the result was, as it still hurts.

You also forgot to mention, French owned Vauxhall have committed to building its new Vivaro Van at their plant in Luton (UK) choosing the UK plant over plant in Germany and Poland. - they also plan to introduce both peugeot and citroen van production to the UK.

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

This is story is based around the Committee chaired by one arch remainer Hilary Benn MP (Labour). The report much like the last one is divided, all the remainers on the committee voted in favour and all the Leave MP's against. as one member of the committee. Jacob Rees Mogg said; "Select committees reports are only influential if they are unanimous, dividing on leave remain lines simply refights the referendum" " Another Exiting the EU select committee report that merely seeks to stop Brexit" 

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Brexit as never been off. - Theresa May now leading a strong Govt is doing both Brexit and confronting Russia at the same time, - something Labour would struggle and fail to deliver. see Corbyns performance on Brexit, Russia and Semitism with the Party. the Labour party is imploding and their only in opposition.

@Captain Risky The good news that trade talks between the UK and Australia have started, the good news as been greeted by the Remoaners - saying Australia only wants a trade deal so they can sell us their hormone fed beef and animal products and that accepting a trade deal would mean lowering UK food standards. - Naturally i don't agree with them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

who are you referring to by that? Prime Minister May, I presume? Whose entire world view seems to be an utterly deluded one based entirely on her own propaganda.

Seriously?  I presumed that because the media has switched its focus you presumed that:

A: Teresa May is THE government.

B: The government only works in projects that are in the headlines on that day.

Unless you are saying you have the inside track of Whitehall.  You don’t do you?

I suppose there is always C:  You just don’t like Teresa May and therefore everything Political is bad mmmkay?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Actually, much as I dislike May, the war was launched by Putin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Seriously?  I presumed that because the media has switched its focus you presumed that:

A: Teresa May is THE government.

B: The government only works in projects that are in the headlines on that day.

Unless you are saying you have the inside track of Whitehall.  You don’t do you?

I suppose there is always C:  You just don’t like Teresa May and therefore everything Political is bad mmmkay?

She's perhaps the most incompetent (and arguably deranged) "leader", well, certainly since Blair. You really don't think she's lost her head completely ever since Putin's Chemical Weapon Attack on Blighty? And she may not be THE Government, but holy heck, the rest of them really fill you with confidence don't they. Any government that has Spittle-Flying Boris as its representative to the world really gives one a sense of reassurance as to its level-headedness and trustworthiness. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

3 minutes ago, Border Collie said:

Actually, much as I dislike May, the war was launched by Putin.

How did you manage to get your mouth open wide enough to swallow Prime Minister May's propaganda machine whole? What evidence has Prime Minister May shown her subjects that Putin launched a Chemical Weapon Attack with a deadly undetectable poison gas on Blighty? Because "it was a type developed by Russia"? actually it was developed in Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan or somewhere like that in the days of the USSR. What cause might Putin have had to do it? To bother to go to all that effort to bump off a fairly obscure spy who last spied in 2000 - and thus was conspiring against Russia during Yeltsin's time, before Russia's Vile Putin even came to power, just to show the world don't mess with him because he is evil incarnate and he wants to go out of his way to encourage the world to unite against him? Please try to give things some thought and think whether there's any plausibility at all in anything before just accepting the assurances of those in power. 

32 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

She's perhaps the most incompetent (and arguably deranged) "leader", well, certainly since Blair. You really don't think she's lost her head completely ever since Putin's Chemical Weapon Attack on Blighty? And she may not be THE Government, but holy heck, the rest of them really fill you with confidence don't they. Any government that has Spittle-Flying Boris as its representative to the world really gives one a sense of reassurance as to its level-headedness and trustworthiness. 

Been reading that far left rag the Guardian have you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Been reading that far left rag the Guardian have you.

That just shows how far removed you've become from reality. You do know that that far left rag the Guardian has been one of the most belligerently anti-Putin, and almost as frenetically anti-Corbyn? 

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

That just shows how far removed you've become from reality. You do know that that far left rag the Guardian has been one of the most belligerently anti-Putin, and almost as frenetically anti-Corbyn? 

My mistake, yes you're right, if they were far left, indeed they would be ardent Corbyn supporters. Soz.

• Like 1

So, what have we got? Russia uses deadly nerve agent to assassinate a traitor and former spy. 

Except that they failed!! Not only did they fail to kill their target (no medals there), they almost killed an innocent woman (let's decorate our man in Salisbury). And politically/diplomatically it was a disaster (no cigars there either).

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So, what have we got? Russia uses deadly nerve agent to assassinate a traitor and former spy. 

Except that they failed!! Not only did they fail to kill their target (no medals there), they almost killed an innocent woman (let's decorate our man in Salisbury). And politically/diplomatically it was a disaster (no cigars there either).

I think you took a wrong turn - the 'Hate and Fear' Russia thread is down the virtual corridor, second on the left round the bend-

Mind you there just might be a Brexit connection and it could be speculated that the hapless Boris Johnson and the struggling
Teresa May might have been duped in a UK multi pronged intelligence operation** ---- and now they will have to fight for their political
lives if the ''''Russia did it - no other possibility''' narrative starts to weaken on the international stage - or more to the point on the
EU stage...

Does the EU now have leverage (on a personal level) when dealing with May, Johnson et al..... because if they threaten to recall
the Russian diplomats and question the British position..... then May and Johnson are finished -

** in cahoots with covert Remain Camp insiders -

12 hours ago, bee said:

I think you took a wrong turn - the 'Hate and Fear' Russia thread is down the virtual corridor, second on the left round the bend-

Mind you there just might be a Brexit connection and it could be speculated that the hapless Boris Johnson and the struggling
Teresa May might have been duped in a UK multi pronged intelligence operation** ---- and now they will have to fight for their political
lives if the ''''Russia did it - no other possibility''' narrative starts to weaken on the international stage - or more to the point on the
EU stage...

Does the EU now have leverage (on a personal level) when dealing with May, Johnson et al..... because if they threaten to recall
the Russian diplomats and question the British position..... then May and Johnson are finished -

** in cahoots with covert Remain Camp insiders -

Brexit was one of the lines put out by the Russian ministry. they also said it could have been terrorists, they also said it could have been conducted by Britain itself. see this is what Russia does. - they work along the lines that 3 in every five people are sceptical in the West, So, where one person might not accept the Russian version of events on  Brexit they'd likely accept one of the many others such as the line of it being terrorists, so you can see they cater for all sceptics even the most ardent sceptic of all - those that believe their own govt carried out the attack.

The UN-OPCW report will no doubt report it was weapons grade nerve agent, but also with the UN-OPCW not being a court will fall short of naming Russia and when it does anyone who seizes upon that needs to ask the question does that mean Russia can continue to carry out these attacks knowing full well no-one will stand up to them. Its no wonder diplomats have been expelled.

Russia still in the legal context was not responsible for invading Ukraine, because they circumvent international treaties and conventions by the use of irregular warfare tactics. Who sends their troops into battle with no insignia and denies its their forces. NATO was stuck between a rock and hard place as the use of this Asymmetric style of  warfare never contravened any treaty or convention. after-all these "little green men" turn up and no-one claims responsibility who do you attack? You cant attack Russia because its not their troops, But it is. your in a pickle and the tactic is no different with this chemical attack.

12 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit was one of the lines put out by the Russian ministry. they also said it could have been terrorists, they also said it could have been conducted by Britain itself. see this is what Russia does. - they work along the lines that 3 in every five people are sceptical in the West, So, where one person might not accept the Russian version of events on  Brexit they'd likely accept one of the many others such as the line of it being terrorists, so you can see they cater for all sceptics even the most ardent sceptic of all - those that believe their own govt carried out the attack.

The UN-OPCW report will no doubt report it was weapons grade nerve agent, but also with the UN-OPCW not being a court will fall short of naming Russia and when it does anyone who seizes upon that needs to ask the question does that mean Russia can continue to carry out these attacks knowing full well no-one will stand up to them. Its no wonder diplomats have been expelled.

Russia still in the legal context was not responsible for invading Ukraine, because they circumvent international treaties and conventions by the use of irregular warfare tactics. Who sends their troops into battle with no insignia and denies its their forces. NATO was stuck between a rock and hard place as the use of this Asymmetric style of  warfare never contravened any treaty or convention. after-all these "little green men" turn up and no-one claims responsibility who do you attack? You cant attack Russia because its not their troops, But it is. your in a pickle and the tactic is no different with this chemical attack.

This is the way I see it (the bare bones).....

European expansion and dominance of Russia (geographically biggest country in the world) has long been a political aim
of the 'West' predominantly illustrated overtly by the actions of Nazi lead Germany (in WW2) and now the German lead EU -  
covertly it appears to be lead by a Global Political Elite who are working behind the scenes  and outside the democratic process...
they don't want Brexit, don't want Trump as US President and don't want a strong independent Russia - because this does 
nothing to further their agenda - in fact these three things obstruct their agenda...for a one world government / economy /  currency -

Ukraine is a critical strategic country in regards to these aspirations hence Operation Barbarossa during WW2 and more recently
the Euromaidan Revolution - 

Nigel Farage puts it in a nut shell here...

Nigel Farage - EU is guilty of provoking Ukraine crisis (16 Sep 2014)

Edited by bee

^^^

and the above is part of why the Salisbury business stinks to high heaven as a propaganda plot that May and Johnson are either
aware of and party to ------ or-------- have been duped into fronting -

My own opinion is that they, and those encouraging them in parliament have turned Britain into a Laughing Stock - a country lead
by foolish politicians that put their citizens at risk of unnecessary war**  and cause reckless damage to International Relations - 

**unnecessary for the General Public.... but necessary for the Globalist Agenda -   

let's put it like this.... Theresa May won't be getting any more Christmas cards off me... :) 

Edited by bee