Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Critically ill man is former Russian spy

LV-426

3 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

I disagree. :mellow:

My apologies Phaeton80 - I edited the post just as you where responding to it. 

Soooo.... could you advise me WHICH countries have got thousands of NATO troops "on their borders with Russia" ? 

18 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

My apologies Phaeton80 - I edited the post just as you where responding to it. 

Soooo.... could you advise me WHICH countries have got thousands of NATO troops "on their borders with Russia" ? 

nato-map.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-nato-border-forces-map-where-are-they-positioned-a7562391.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/nato-build-up-on-russias-borders-2016-10?international=true&r=US&IR=T

Thought this one was especially humerous:

Donald Trump's Defence Secretary says Putin trying to break Nato and world order 'under biggest attack since WWII'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-defence-secretary-james-mattis-putin-nato-world-order-biggest-attack-wwii-world-war-mad-a7524256.html

Expect more of thesame regarding Russia, Iran, Syria. This isnt because these nations are the most prominent players who stand in the way of geo political aspirations of The West - thats for the tinfoil hatters, but because they are governed by evil tirants, part of the Axis of Evil, shrewdly trying to undermine the world order, 'the good guys'. They hate us for our freedom and wealth, and Russia hates us because they want to recreate the old USSR, Greater Russia. My former minister of foreign affairs said so (mr. Halbe Zeilstra), and everyone who says its a lie is spreading fake news. Yay!

A fine day to you Gardener.

51 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Oh dear... somebody, somewhere has great comic timing :unsure2:

Europa League: Arsenal to face CSKA Moscow

Football is going to be an interesting one.  The Ruskies have promised to expel diplomats and more in the next few days.  I wonder if the 'and more' section might be denying the British World Cup contingent when it is in Russia?

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

nato-map.jpg

Intriguing.. thanks for that @Phaeton80

Sooo.... 800 troops in Estonia.. with FOUR EuroFighter typhoon jets. Gosh... that must have the Russian border guards trembling in their fur hats ! That justifies the annexation of the Crimea in and of itself, and the assassination of LOTS of British Citizens in Salisbury. 

Not !

Edited by RoofGardener

25 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Football is going to be an interesting one.  The Ruskies have promised to expel diplomats and more in the next few days.  I wonder if the 'and more' section might be denying the British World Cup contingent when it is in Russia?

It is a national insult to suggest that our World Cup team need Russian assistance to be expelled from the Championships, Grey Area :) 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

NATO naval forces overfly Russia's airspace ? Wow... that's impressive. I thought Flying Boats went out in the 1930's :) 

As for the NATO forces in Poland... is it possible you are thinking of the Polish Army ? :P 

2 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Oh dear... somebody, somewhere has great comic timing :unsure2:

Europa League: Arsenal to face CSKA Moscow

Good god, armies in neighbouring countries, flying navies and now our entire arsenal is focused on Moscow! 

Small wonder the Russians feel threatened enough to lash out like this! 

• Like 2

Can we talk about the poisoning and not about NATO? In related news Russia has set up its own investigation 

4 hours ago, Setton said:

Good god, armies in neighbouring countries, flying navies and now our entire arsenal is focused on Moscow! 

Small wonder the Russians feel threatened enough to lash out like this! 

In fairness, I agree somewhat with his point. The UK and USA are hardly innocent in the world, and their encompassing of Russia and China must be a threat to those countries.

The thing is, this recent attack, and any attack on UK soil or against UK citizens, is a step too far. I'm perfectly capable of and justworthy in criticising UK foreign policy regarding Russia, while at the same time criticising Russia for their actions.

Basically I won't stand by when there's an attack against my country or its citizens.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

It is a national insult to suggest that our World Cup team need Russian assistance to be expelled from the Championships, Grey Area :) 

Nice one :lol:

I see another Putin critic was murdered a few days ago.

Must just be another coincidence. The correlation between criticising Putin and being assassinated could never be correlative.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Dude, get a sense of our own (Western block / US / GB) profile why not. You elevate the term 'double measures' to new heights.

@Expand; I see; maybe I would react thesame if it were Dutch nationals suppsedly being assasinated by the Russian state, but Im quite sure I'd also readily admit emotion / national pride was at play in such a situation.
Because what that would imply, is that if it were, say, Chinese businessmen being assasinated in Honk Kong, you wouldnt react the way you do here.

On 3/7/2018 at 0:39 PM, RoofGardener said:

Well, a degree of opprobrium might not go amiss ? :) 

The Russians have this word.... "nekul'turnyy".. which translates as "uncivilised" or "uncultured". Or as the English might say... "Just not DONE, old chap". 

I'm not convinced that this WAS a Russian act. It just seems.... dunno... illogical ? Irrational ? Nekul'turnyy ? 

A bit irrational like using nerve gas on your own civilians when it would make no sense at all to do it?  Regardless who is guilty, SOMEONE has begun to believe it is possible to use these weapons with impunity and that isn't good for the world.

• Like 3

That shrewd murderous slimeball.

Send 007.

Trump!

:D

• Like 1

thanks for the above video  ^^^

I've started to watch it and the first 20 minutes are interesting - wanted to say something while the thought is fresh in my mind -

more and more I am thinking that Western Military... especially the US / UK have been co opted by the Globalist Elite
(as part of their New World Order Agenda) to further THEIR interests and not those of the citizens and taxpayers...

we have in effect become proxy armies for the above mentioned Global Elite and their agenda...

Take the US.... over decades most Presidents have been supporters of the Globalist Agenda (one world govt / currency / military) so
appointments would have been made in the higher echelons of power that reflect that... slowly sewing the whole system up...

In Britain Tony Blair would be an example of a leader working for the global elite... that's why '''''we'''' got involved in the Iraq war
on the basis of dodgey intelligence.... this would mean that all the British soldiers didn't die for Britain they died for the Globalist's
aspirations...  (then there was Cameron and Libya as another example)

The Globalists want (need) to subjugate and destabilize / destroy Russia as a sovereign nation and all this crap that we have to endure
every day --- all the anti Putin anti Russia propaganda ---- is part of that ---

I know you know all that..... just saying as the video has sparked off thoughts in that direction...  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Putin must be laughing his ass off at Corbyn's weakness.

As far as I'm concerned diplomacy isn't a sign of weakness and if Putin is laughing at all about this (which I doubt)
it will probably be at the insanity of the UK Government and other MPs making serious accusations without proper evidence - 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

A bit irrational like using nerve gas on your own civilians when it would make no sense at all to do it?  Regardless who is guilty, SOMEONE has begun to believe it is possible to use these weapons with impunity and that isn't good for the world.

apparently it is now thought that the contamination took place at the home of Skripal - arriving by post...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5481219/Russian-double-agent-house-key-poison-plot.html

Toxicology experts said the effects of some nerve agents could take several hours to show, although it was odd the Skripals collapsed at exactly the same time.

Mr Skripal, his daughter Yulia and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, a 38-year-old married father-of-two who led the initial investigation into the poisoning, all remain in hospital after coming into contact what has been called a 'very rare' nerve agent.

Initially investigators were probing whether the Skripals were poisoned while they were out in Salisbury on Sunday, with Sgt Bailey falling ill following his arrival as a first responder.

But detectives now believe the three became contaminated at Mr Skripal's home - and even that the deadly nerve agent arrived in the post.

Edited by bee

I find it hard to understand how Nick Bailey could have been contaminated 'at the Skripal's home' ? Was he the ONLY detective present there ? If he was touching things, wouldn't he have been wearing gloves as standard ? 

and if the contamination took place at Skripal's home why did the media say things like this at first ----

Telegraph link

police officer is in 
intensive care after being poisoned by a nerve agent when he came to the aid of the Russian spy 
targeted in Salisbury.

The unnamed officer was one of the first on the scene on Sunday when Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, were attacked by would-be assassins at a shopping arcade in the city centre.

The policeman was initially treated in hospital as a precaution and then discharged, but his condition deteriorated and he was readmitted on Tuesday and taken into intensive care.

It must have been the same policeman.... Nick Bailey

Guardian link

Public health officials said it was possible – though unlikely – that clothes or possessions of those who ate and drank in the same restaurant and pub as the Skripals could still be contaminated.

However, a public meeting held at City Hall in Salisbury was told that only the Skripals and DS Nick Bailey had received hospital treatment.

Edited by bee

This is very interesting, and surely the final nail in the coffin for those who still loyally believe Prime Minister May and her idiotic belligerent ravings:

Someone in the British government propaganda apparatus probably watched the current seasons of the British-American spy drama Strike Back. Nina Byzantina points to the summaries of recent episodes:

Episode 50 ran in the U.K on November 21 2017 and in the U.S. on February 23 2018:

Meanwhile, General Lázsló shuts down Section 20, forcing Donovan to work in secret. She discovers that Zaryn is in fact Karim Markov, a Russian scientist who allegedly killed his colleagues with Novichok, a nerve agent they invented.

From, once again, here http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/03/governments-decree-truth-about-skripal-dissenters-will-be-punished.html#more

So it looks suspiciously as if this "secret Russian terror poison" had been well enough known for Sky to construct an entire plot line around it, but yet the Government's Secret Chemical Weapons Establishment at Porton Down (just down the road from where Putin's Assassin Struck with his Secret Terror Poison) says that they're baffled by it :hmm:

Former British ambassador Craig Murray reports that the British chemical weapon laboratory at Porton Down, just 8 miles from where the incident happened, is unsure about what substance (if any) was actually involved:

I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are not able to identify the nerve gas as being of Russian manufacture, and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so. Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a type developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation.

And perhaps someone in the Spook Services got the idea that this might be something worth remembering for when they wanted to stage some "event" that would once again portray Russia's Tyrant as a completely ruthless threat to the world.

What's that? Yes, it's an outrageous and disgraceful conspiracy theory that anyone with any shred of decency ought to be be ashamed to even entertain for one moment. 

But so's the official line, that Putin Done It Just to Show the World How Evil He Is, solely on the basis that "it must've been 'im, mustn't it, 'e's like evil and stuff inn'e, 'e bombs children an' stuff, I saw it on telly". 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Putin must be laughing his ass off at Corbyn's weakness.

I think you've got that the wrong way round. Putin, since he is, as mentioned above, evil an' stuff, will be laughing his head off in his Big Swivel Chair at the pathetic spectacle of Prime Minister May and her truly embarrassing little band of sycophants all jumping over one another to demonstrate who can come up with the most absurd belligerence. Do these people, with their delusions that the Empire could take on Russia again in Crimean War Edition 2, realise just how pathetically toothless they are and how laughable their ridiculous yapping is to everyone watching around the world? Do these people, with their Britannia/Boudicca or Boadicea/Churchill/Mrs. Thatcher "Britons never never never shall be slaves" fantasies, realise how embarrassing they are?? 

27 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Former British ambassador Craig Murray reports that the British chemical weapon laboratory at Porton Down, just 8 miles from where the incident happened, is unsure about what substance (if any) was actually involved:

I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are not able to identify the nerve gas as being of Russian manufacture, and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so. Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a type developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation.

hmmmm - yes the devil is in the detail..

they are so crafty - with their perception management -

I have gone right off Theresa May at the moment and god help us if Boris Johnson ever got into the top job...

from the link...

To anybody with a Whitehall background this has been obvious for several days. The government has never said the nerve agent was made in Russia, or that it can only be made in Russia. The exact formulation “of a type developed by Russia” was used by Theresa May in parliament, used by the UK at the UN Security Council, used by Boris Johnson on the BBC yesterday and, most tellingly of all, “of a type developed by Russia” is

the precise phrase used in the joint communique issued by the UK, USA, France and Germany yesterday:

This use of a military-grade nerve agent, of a type developed by Russia, constitutes the first offensive use of a nerve agent in Europe since the Second World War.

and never mind Putin laughing his head off in the big swivel chair.... more than likely those laughing their heads off
and chinking their champagne glasses, congratulating themselves on a highly successful anti-Russia operation....
will be the New World Order Elite - as they see all their proxy armies singing off the same hymn sheet - 

Edited by bee

2 hours ago, bee said:

hmmmm - yes the devil is in the detail..

they are so crafty - with their perception management -

I have gone right off Theresa May at the moment and god help us if Boris Johnson ever got into the top job...

from the link...

and never mind Putin laughing his head off in the big swivel chair.... more than likely those laughing their heads off
and chinking their champagne glasses, congratulating themselves on a highly successful anti-Russia operation....
will be the New World Order Elite - as they see all their proxy armies singing off the same hymn sheet - 

At the moment Bee you're just choosing to believe the media story that fit's your train of thought, we're all guilty of it but until we know more.....

• Like 2

Articles of the Chemical Weapons Convention

Article IX. Consultations, Cooperation and Fact-Finding

[..]

2. Without prejudice to the right of any State Party to request a challenge inspection, States Parties should, whenever possible, first make every effort to clarify and resolve, through exchange of information and consultations among themselves, any matter which may cause doubt about compliance with this Convention, or which gives rise to concerns about a related matter which may be considered ambiguous. A State Party which receives a request from another State Party for clarification of any matter which the requesting State Party believes causes such a doubt or concern shall provide the requesting State Party as soon as possible, but in any case not later than 10 days after the request, with information sufficient to answer the doubt or concern raised along with an explanation of how the information provided resolves the matter.

[..]

https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapons-convention/articles/article-ix-consultations-cooperation-and-fact-finding/

This works both ways, Id assume.

Russia has denied involvement and said it won’t respond to a British ultimatum unless it gets samples of the nerve agent in line with rules of the international chemical weapons watchdog.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/the-latest-russia-demands-samples-of-nerve-agent/2018/03/13/5f4189f2-26aa-11e8-a227-fd2b009466bc_story.html?utm_term=.e2eca6ab0e92

Seems a pretty rational position..

Then again; Its of course also very rational the Russians commit an assassination attempt with a poison that clearly points to themselves, and also perfectly rational GB refuses to provide evidence to the accused nation as agreed in the international treaties. GB has also always been honest, like with the mass destruction weapons in Iraq. It is clear that we can trust the British, not those pesky Commies.

Edited by Phaeton80