Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Critically ill man is former Russian spy

LV-426

Another interesting piece on the subject at hand..

[..]

Dr Stock’s reaction was that Russia immediately needed western financial help to stop Novichok and other chemical and biological agents being exported illegally by criminal elements. Western help arrived eventually but was it too late. The countries of the former Soviet Union, with the exception of the Baltic nations, were in chaos at the time.

There was money to be made in those days when inflation had reached 2,500 per cent in a single year. Those who became extremely rich by selling natural resources, military equipment or anything they could get their hands on became known as the Russian oligarchs, but not all the oligarchs were Russian. The main production plant for Novichok was in Uzbekistan.

Produced illegally

It is also possible that Novichok has since been produced illegally. It is made from chemical elements which are harmless on their own but lethal when combined.

Theresa May’s first scenario, that the Kremlin was directly involved, seems unlikely. Skripal was in the UK as part of an official spy-swap deal with Russia. The only suggestion of suspicious activities on Skripal’s part has been a report in the Daily Telegraph that he was close to an unnamed person in the organisation run by Christopher Steele, who produced the dossier claiming Russia had compromising material on Donald Trump.

For President Vladimir Putin to have launched such a vicious attack would have been counterproductive as it would jeopardise any spy swaps in the future.

There have been comparisons made with the murder of Alexander Litvinenko, poisoned with polonium in London in 2006, but this took place under very different circumstances. Former Canadian ambassador to Russia and former high commissioner of Canada in London, Jeremy Kinsman, made this point clearly in a recent interview on Canadian TV.

Litvinenko was not in Britain on an official deal agreed between London and Moscow. He was also, unlike Skripal, involved in activities that were strongly disapproved of by Russia. The Kremlin had far greater reason to have Litvinenko eliminated than it had to launch an attack on Skripal, and this brings us to the oligarchs.

[..]

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/unlikely-that-vladimir-putin-behind-skripal-poisoning-1.3425736

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

In a strange coincidence, Porton Down, the defence facility where Britain created its own chemical weapons, and where a new £48 million chemical weapons defence centre is to be situated, is located just five miles from Salisbury.

THE JINGOISTIC FEAR OF RUSSIA IS OUT OF CONTROL

The speed with which Britain’s political class has descended into jingoism and anti-foreigner hysteria in the wake of the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Salisbury has been extraordinary. In mere days, before we have proof of Russian state involvement, before we know the full facts of who was behind this attempted murder, virtually every section of our political and media elites was hollering for confrontation, demanding punishment of the Russian beast, and wailing, yet again, about the threat this warped eastern entity poses to Western stability and democracy. That such an evidence-lite outburst of nationalistic and militaristic fervour has come from those who have spent the past 18 months lecturing the little people about our alleged disdain for truth and our Little Englander paranoia should be lost on no one.

Read the rest:  http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-jingoistic-fear-of-russia-is-out-of-control/21212#.Wq0zmsinw4M

Reader comment:

Copyright101 4 days ago

Just down the road from Porton Down. Just a coincidence goys.

Apparently somebody on one of the chans had this to say, not that it proves anything:

"No. Its clearly not the Russians because of how ****ing sloppy it was, and the sites and cause [motive] keep changing. Worth noting Britain's main chemical warfare centre is a few miles up the road from Salisbury and they finished Exercise: Toxic Dagger the week before it [the attack] happened.

But my opinion can’t change anything, the front page news is condemning Russia and the social media has done the rest.

Already talk of the response including:

1. Closing the Russian embassy and expelling all diplomats

2. Sanctions

3. Boycotting world cup

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

THE JINGOISTIC FEAR OF RUSSIA IS OUT OF CONTROL

The speed with which Britain’s political class has descended into jingoism and anti-foreigner hysteria in the wake of the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Salisbury has been extraordinary. In mere days, before we have proof of Russian state involvement, before we know the full facts of who was behind this attempted murder, virtually every section of our political and media elites was hollering for confrontation, demanding punishment of the Russian beast, and wailing, yet again, about the threat this warped eastern entity poses to Western stability and democracy. That such an evidence-lite outburst of nationalistic and militaristic fervour has come from those who have spent the past 18 months lecturing the little people about our alleged disdain for truth and our Little Englander paranoia should be lost on no one.

Read the rest:  http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-jingoistic-fear-of-russia-is-out-of-control/21212#.Wq0zmsinw4M

Reader comment:

Copyright101 4 days ago

Just down the road from Porton Down. Just a coincidence goys.

Apparently somebody on one of the chans had this to say, not that it proves anything:

"No. Its clearly not the Russians because of how ****ing sloppy it was, and the sites and cause [motive] keep changing. Worth noting Britain's main chemical warfare centre is a few miles up the road from Salisbury and they finished Exercise: Toxic Dagger the week before it [the attack] happened.

But my opinion can’t change anything, the front page news is condemning Russia and the social media has done the rest.

Already talk of the response including:

1. Closing the Russian embassy and expelling all diplomats

2. Sanctions

3. Boycotting world cup

And now we have @Black Monk bemoaning 'anti-foreigner hysteria'...

download.jpeg

Edited by Setton

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

cheers for that link --- the comments are brilliant ---- highly recommended as an antidote to the lunacy being
foisted on the country (and world) by pathetic politicians and the Mind Control Media....

:tu:

And some more interesting info (I think anyway)..

The US’s anger at the Syrian-Russian attack on al-Ghouta needs to be made clearer here: the US occupation of al-Tanf Syrian-Iraqi borders aimed to create a launching platform for its military operations towards Deir al-Zour in the north and al-Ghouta in the east. The US plan was to occupy the city of Deir al-Zour and al-Qaim north-east and the capital Damascus. But Iran went around the area where the US forces were positioned, isolating these in the al-Tanf pocket, and made a qualitative leap to liberate Deir al-Zour and al-Qaim by defeating ISIS forces, who withdrew towards the US area of influence east of the Euphrates.

Moreover, Al-Ghouta is a clear demonstration of the US’s failed plan to attack Damascus. The strategic military planning and link between al-Tanf and al-Ghouta was possible had the Syrian Army and Russia not intervened on time to surround it and attack jihadists to force these to surrenderer and pull out to Idlib. The US thought to create a real menace against Damascus and at least prevent the parliamentary and presidential elections due next year. By controlling Ghouta, jihadists were supposed to keep up the pace of bombing to render the Syrian capital “unsafe”.

The US and the International community tried to stop the battles of al-Ghouta to no avail. This prompted Washington to exercise its favourite hobby of imposing sanctions on Russia, without succeeding in stopping the Syrian army (fighting without its allies – except Russia) from recovering its control over Ghouta. The answer came immediately from Moscow by bombing Daraa and hitting al-Qaeda’s area of influence in an indication as to where the future theatre of military operations is expected to be.

Again, events are moving very fast: the US response came quickly through its UK ally when Britain took advantage of the poisoning of the former Russian spy Sergey Skripal in London to accuse Moscow of being behind his assassination. The message here is clear: all means are legitimate for the control of the Middle East, specifically Syria.

Israel followed by demanding the return of the UNDOF troops, withdrawn in August 2014 following the abduction of 47 UN peacekeepers by al-Qaeda (the ransom for their liberation was paid by Qatar). The Israeli demand coincided – I have learned from well informed sources – with the gathering of forces of Syria’s allies, including Hezbollah, in Daraa, in preparation for future wide scale military operations. The US considers that the battle of Daraa is directly against itself and its Israeli ally, especially as it is party, along with Russia and Jordan, to the agreement to reduce the escalation there, to serve Israel and secure its security in southern Syria.”

https://ejmagnier.com/2018/03/16/the-regional-international-demarcation-line-in-daraa-is-approaching-flashpoint/

..Probably confirmation bias on my part though.. ;)

And think this one was already linked here, but just in case:

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/03/governments-decree-truth-about-skripal-dissenters-will-be-punished.html#more

Edited by Phaeton80

So Russia has accused Sweden, Slovakia, Czech Republic, UK or the US of making the agent.

The Czechs aren't happy about this and I don' blame them

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

And some more interesting info (I think anyway)..

..Probably confirmation bias on my part though.. ;)

And think this one was already linked here, but just in case:

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/03/governments-decree-truth-about-skripal-dissenters-will-be-punished.html#more

I'm stunned that you posted such a load of utter drivel. Except it's not drivel; it is malign and agenda-driven.

Phaeton80, what where you thinking of ? Do you actually believe any of that ? I mean.. really ? 

I'm speechless. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bee said:

so @Setton --- who do you agree with over all this..... Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn ?

Umm.. they're not substantially in conflict about the events, merely the reaction to them ? 

15 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

So Russia has accused Sweden, Slovakia, Czech Republic, UK or the US of making the agent.

but Sweden ,Slovakia, UK and the US  ARE happy about it..... ?....... ^_^

ok let's see your source 

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. they're not substantially in conflict about the events, merely the reaction to them ? 

oh has Corbyn accused the Russians now....?

ie Putin...

Edited by bee

26 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm stunned that you posted such a load of utter drivel. Except it's not drivel; it is malign and agenda-driven.

Phaeton80, what where you thinking of ? Do you actually believe any of that ? I mean.. really ? 

I'm speechless. 

'malign and agenda-driven'

..Oh my good lord, the irony.

2 hours ago, bee said:

so @Setton --- who do you agree with over all this..... Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn ?

Have you not been reading the thread?

I posted my opinions on both several pages back. 

56 minutes ago, Setton said:

Have you not been reading the thread?

I posted my opinions on both several pages back. 

Theresa May it is then...... ;)

44 minutes ago, bee said:

Theresa May it is then...... ;)

Overall yes. Some of us are capable of sufficiently flexible thinking to agree with someone on some things and disagree with them on others.

Theresa May's opening statement was good, her answers to questions lacking. 

Jeremy corbyn made one good point in his but followed it with so much guff that she got away with ignoring it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Some of us are capable of sufficiently flexible thinking to agree with someone on some things and disagree with them on others.

I agree

:D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

I agree

:D

Although you do seem to be sticking with your usual 'It's all a globalist conspiracy' thing. 

So maybe not that flexible. 

Just saying :whistle:

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Although you do seem to be sticking with your usual 'It's all a globalist conspiracy' thing. 

So maybe not that flexible. 

Just saying :whistle:

when the dots continue to join up as time goes on--- to create the Big Picture --- I have no choice but to stick with it...

I wish it wasn't true but IMO world events of significance can only be understood by factoring it in....

1 hour ago, bee said:

when the dots continue to join up as time goes on--- to create the Big Picture --- I have no choice but to stick with it...

I wish it wasn't true but IMO world events of significance can only be understood by factoring it in....

And that's the trouble with any kind of grand conspiracy theory. Once you decide you believe it, everything can be made to fit into it, rather than accepting that reality is just rather chaotic.

• Like 1

There's nothing complicated going on here I don't think. Someone in Russia wanted to bump him off because he sold them out. But they wanted it to look like natural causes by using a small dose of nerve agent, which won't get noticed unless it's specifically checked for.

But they botched it and made a real mess. Russia has done stuff like this a number of times before, poisoning is a classic KGB method.

Though I do think May jumped the gun. She made an ultimatum far to early but then had to stick to it.

Edited by Finity

58 minutes ago, Setton said:

And that's the trouble with any kind of grand conspiracy theory. Once you decide you believe it, everything can be made to fit into it, rather than accepting that reality is just rather chaotic.

The Irish winning the grand slam (rugby) on St Patricks day, to much of a coincidence for my liking.

18 minutes ago, Finity said:

There's nothing complicated going on here I don't think. Someone in Russia wanted to bump him off because he sold them out. But they wanted it to look like natural causes by using a small dose of nerve agent, which won't get noticed unless it's specifically checked for.

But they botched it and made a real mess. Russia has done stuff like this a number of times before, poisoning is a classic KGB method.

Though I do think May jumped the gun. She made an ultimatum far to early but then had to stick to it.

The Russians wanted every dissident and critic to know it was them, doing it on British soil was for the same reasons they fly into our airspace and sail into or waters, May did the right thing.

12 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

12 hours ago, bee said:

but Sweden ,Slovakia, UK and the US  ARE happy about it..... ?....... ^_^

ok let's see your source 

ok I've looked it up for myself and it now seems pretty obvious that the Salisbury substance (what ever it exactly was) could have ORIGINATED
in a few different places...  namely countries experimenting with and researching that particular novichok nerve agent 

http://politicoscope.com/russia-reveals-novichok-most-likely-from-uk-slovakia-czech-republic-sweden/

“The most likely source of origin of the toxin are the countries which have been carrying out intense research on the substances from the ‘Novichok’ program, approximately since the end of the 1990s until the present time, and this project is not the creation of Russia or the Soviet Union,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Saturday. She listed the UK, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Sweden among the countries involved.

The US should also “be put under question,” Zakharova said in an interview with the state broadcaster VGTRK.

“How did they come to the conclusion about a Russian ‘footprint’ if they didn’t give us those samples? Logically they shouldn’t have this substance. Which samples have they compared with to draw such a conclusion?” she went on. “Questions arise: then, they should have samples, which they conceal, or it is a lie from start to finish.”

I mean, look at this from the local papal:

2 hrs ago

Yes, now what might be more likely, pilot error, or that Russia's Evil Murderer reaches his talons anywhere in the world to assassinate any dissidents he can get hold of? This is a right head scratcher. :hmm: