Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Dixon - Poltergeists and Ghosts (Psi)

macqdor

Hey @macqdor

I spent the 45 minutes and watched this. Very interesting. It certainly shows a level-headed person analyzing things intelligently.

In the Bothell case I assume the leading theory is not RSPK. It seems your case falls more into the 'noisy spirit' theory? Is  that what you are thinking too?

Hello @papageorge1

It was refreshing to see a recent parapsychologists give a speech about the poltergeist phenomena.  Very easy to understand.  Kudos to him.  This is the advance dialogue I was referring to.  A discussion worth having.

My case definitely leans more into the "noisy spirit theory"  there is an ounce of RSPK associated with my case, that I will share inside the report.  But the answer to your question is yes. My case, majority of it leans towards "noisy spirit" there's no denying that.

check your email.

:-)

29 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Hello @papageorge1

It was refreshing to see a recent parapsychologists give a speech about the poltergeist phenomena.  Very easy to understand.  Kudos to him.  This is the advance dialogue I was referring to.  A discussion worth having.

My case definitely leans more into the "noisy spirit theory"  there is an ounce of RSPK associated with my case, that I will share inside the report.  But the answer to your question is yes. My case, majority of it leans towards "noisy spirit" there's no denying that.

check your email.

:-)

Yes, this is such a serious subject beyond, the ‘everybody’s lying’ theory which gets overwhelmed by the quantity and quality of witnesses. It’s time for serious people to move on to serious analysis and learning and not waste too much energy on deniers.

Yes, this is such a serious subject beyond, the ‘everybody’s lying’ theory which gets overwhelmed by the quantity and quality of witnesses. It’s time for serious people to move on to serious analysis and learning and not waste too much energy on deniers.

@papageorge1  I might be reading this wrong but I predict in the information about Poltergeist is about to explode.   Witnesses are coming out more now than ever before.  Psi organizations are articulating their stance well.  I've read and watched a lot of poltergeist related videos.  This breaks it down - one of the best I've seen.  There were two things I took from it that will help me in my report.

http://www.forbiddenhistories.com/the-naturalisation-of-the-poltergeist/

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Hi guys, any chance of a blurb?

Being Australian, this is interesting.

Well, the blurb is this guy was an experiencer at a Sydney Pub and (as an experiencer) was beyond the question of if he and everyone was lying/delusional. The interest was more differentiating between haunting versus poltergeist phenomena, In the Sydney Pub case it seemed poltergeist activity was centered on an individual employee. This is different from the @macqdor case which better fits the video's 'noisy spirit' poltergeist possibility.

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Smells about as good as the last one.

Smells to me like another case of  honest people trying to understand abnormal experiences.

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Smells to me like another case of  honest people trying to understand abnormal experiences.

Don’t give him your credit card details. 

Edit: I thought ‘experiencer’ might be a new specific term, but it is not. How are you using it in this context? (From your previous ‘blurb’ post)

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

@papageorge1  I might be reading this wrong but I predict in the information about Poltergeist is about to explode.   Witnesses are coming out more now than ever before.  Psi organizations are articulating their stance well.  I've read and watched a lot of poltergeist related videos.  This breaks it down - one of the best I've seen.  There were two things I took from it that will help me in my report.

What are the two things?

11 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Don’t give him your credit card details. 

I didn't have to. I watched it for free. And I have no problem anyway with organizations needing money to cover expenses.

11 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Edit: I thought ‘experiencer’ might be a new specific term, but it is not. How are you using it in this context? (From your previous ‘blurb’ post)

Not sure I understand this question. I think I mentioned the guy in the video experienced first-hand poltergeist activity at a Sydney Pub.

13 hours ago, macqdor said:

You're reading it wrong. 

• Like 1

Not sure I understand this question. I think I mentioned the guy in the video experienced first-hand poltergeist activity at a Sydney Pub.

Correct - that's usually what gets most people interested in the phenomena.   Their own personal experience or the experience of a friend or loved one.

The lecturer mentioned some of that in his presentation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, macqdor said:

Correct - that's usually what gets most people interested in the phenomena.   Their own personal experience or the experience of a friend or loved one.

The lecturer mentioned some of that in his presentation.

I believe that's definitely correct. If I hadn't had the few experiences I have, be it seeing a UFO, or having what appeared to be a haunting, I don't think I'd have anything to say about it. Wouldn't really care at all about the subject at all.

For folks like us it gives some validity to our own experiences when others come out telling their stories. With some of them I can tell right away if they experienced something similar to what I have. I can read it on their face.

I really need to get myself a job like the guy in the video.  Talk for 45 minutes on a subject without having to present any evidence to back my words.  I would be BRILLIANT at it!

Edit - And why oh why does he keep referring to movies? Either discuss real cases and real evidence or don't as bringing movies into it, even as comparisons, is silly.

Edited by I'mConvinced

23:00 mins in:

"So, is it a poltergeist or a haunting?"

No, it's a false dilemma:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

It's pretty bias to say "This unknown thing here, is it this unproven thing or that unproven thing? NO OTHER CHOICES EXIST"

@preacherman76 

Thats all we have are our experiences.  The saying "it takes one to know one" has never been more clearer to me than when I saw I my first apparition.   Each of us are who we are based on our experiences or lack thereof.    Thats what makes us unique and fundamentally different.   You saw and lived through what you saw. I've seen and lived through what I've seen.    Its kind of weird to say but its true.   We didn't choose the category. The category chose us.  The science and percentage around why that happens, just floors me.  I'm astounded.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@preacherman76 

Thats all we have are our experiences.  The saying "it takes one to know one" has never been more clearer to me than when I saw I my first apparition.   Each of us are who we are based on our experiences or lack thereof.    Thats what makes us unique and fundamentally different.   You saw and lived through what you saw. I've seen and lived through what I've seen.    Its kind of weird to say but its true.   We didn't choose the category. The category chose us.  The science and percentage around why that happens, just floors me.  I'm astounded.

Exactly. I know I didn't choose for this to happen. Like you said it chose us.  

Its funny I can never seem to fit perfectly into any box. My haunting for example had signs of being both a poltergeist and a haunting. It almost certainly had to do with a specific person, cause it happened in the home I grew up in, and there was never a problem at all till my cousin moved in. Yet the things I experienced happened when he wasn't home. I never had any physical object move, well accept one time, and heard an amazing amount of noises that had nothing to do with objects moving. Guess mine was a hybrid lol

Each case is its own Hybrid.

Lot's of similarities, and lots of intricacies that keep it unique.  Thats why its so hard to prove and nail down.  the amount of so-called rabbit holes one finds themselves in while investigating this is remarkable.