Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Us And Them Mentality!

LightAngel

On 10/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, scatha said:

One factor is probably the notion of competition - on the lower level it's there's not enough for me so I must take from the others, on the upper it's the strive for being better than them.

And then, there is the factor of I.   I want to be the best that I can be.  Not me vs them...I  vs I.  I can do better than I did before.  I can be the best that I can possibly be.

Those who really compete Scatha, know that they are the only competition they have.  If my best is better than your best...I win!  But if my best isn't really my best...you win.  I cannot compete against you.  I can only compete against myself.

But that is my philosophy and not everyone understands it.   Just like businesses do not exist to make money.  Businesses exit to help people.  Making money has to happen or you can't help anyone.  But the bottom line is helping other people.  A lot of people don't understand that one either.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 5:20 AM, LightAngel said:

When you have time, then watch this:

I'm quoting myself here because I'm looking at this video again.

Just to see if I missed something.....

I think it is because being "us" and being another ones, "them", it enforces and clarifies our personality and our place in the world. We need to have a clear view upon who we are because being certain is fulfilling and makes it easier for us to go through life. It is also of social importance to be part of a group that stands for somethign that looks like is worth stainding for and protecting. We become identifiied with that and it becomes us. And we defend what is us because the ego needs a personality to be able to function. The ego makes you feel powerful, certain and to deliver that it needs constant fuel. If there is nothing to stand for or fight against, the ego will anyway find it. Just like an animal defends his teritory and tries to expand it, similarly I think we defend and try to expand what we believe in, what makes us who we are. "Us vs them" gives the fake sense of purpose and also maybe takes away the feeling of being alone, which can **** up really bad your head. And unconsciously we also want to prevent that from happening. But I think there are also things that makes this a common thing in our society. It is just another proof that we still have animal instincts of protecting what is ours and dismissing the neighbour.

Why would this be a problem in your life anyway? You can just ignore this phenomena and just do the things you anyway do. But you now do more happily. :lol:

Edited by andrew.t

• 3 months later...
On 8.11.2018 at 1:27 AM, andrew.t said:

happily. :lol:

I am happy most of the time.

But we can't just close our eyes to the wickedness of this world.

Because if we did then our happiness wouldn't be real!