Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Us And Them Mentality!

LightAngel

"Us and them" in what context? Politics? Social media? General intolerance?

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, acute said:

"Us and them" in what context? Politics? Social media? General intolerance?

Everywhere.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, acute said:

Everything is increasingly polarized, becoming "us" who are right, and "them" who aren't, with no middle ground.

Exactly!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Share your thoughts about it.

I'm very tired of it.

I see it everywhere I look, and it breaks my heart because it is holding humanity back from being the Gods they are!

Why not try to understand instead of judging?!

Just the thought of breaking your heart breaks my heart!  Evolution has a way of purging that which doesn't really work out of a species.   Someday Light Angels will rule the Planet...I nominate you for Queen of the Light Angels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Just the thought of breaking your heart breaks my heart!  Evolution has a way of purging that which doesn't really work out of a species.   Someday Light Angels will rule the Planet...I nominate you for Queen of the Light Angels.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Maybe we should be a little serious here :D

I know it's difficult for people like us, but still... I'm sure we can :D 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

giphy.gif

take me with you.jpg

• Like 3

The concept of "Other" is ingrained in us both socially and genetically.  If you check out https://www.amazon.com/Genome-Autobiography-Species-23-Chapters/dp/0060894083  one of the chapters talks about the genetic concept.  Low pigmentation is associated with skittishness in all vertebrates.  Fear of the unknown or other is just amp'd up in these organisms.  But the intrinsic concept of not part of the pack is ever present.   

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Low pigmentation is associated with skittishness in all vertebrates.  Fear of the unknown or other is just amp'd up in these organisms.

Really?  So if that's the case, how is it that Whitey accomplished so much for a few hundred years?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Really?  So if that's the case, how is it that Whitey accomplished so much for a few hundred years?  

Europe seems to have succeeded through division not cooperation.  Egalitarianism focus on the individual has been a winning bet since the Renaissance. 

8 hours ago, and then said:

Because the original Humans migrated eventually into the very cold regions of the planet...and without weather maps and radar....they were kind of screwed....so...they had to spend a lot of time...a LOT of time...indoors...inside their caves...their tents...their igloos, whatever they had...and as such...much of the pigment of the skin was lost due to thousands and thousands of years being indoors....AND....as a result of their being indoors...they had a lot of time to THINK....they had what is known as Leisure Time.  In the Jungles (that's Rain Forests for the PC crowd)  there wasn't time to think about anything except how not to be killed or eaten.

• Like 6

It's more accurately the 'United States and them' mentality.

Don't get me wrong, China and Russia are threats too, but they're only going to succeed if the Western World (Fueled by USA) fails to cooperate.

North Korea is an annoying pimple on the forehead of modernity, and if only there was a reasonable way to help their people.

28 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

but they're only going to succeed if the Western World (Fueled by USA) fails to cooperate.

I don't understand what you mean, here.  Are you saying that they will succeed if the U.S. continues to resist their attempts at global hegemony but they would not succeed if we went along and cooperated with them in significant ways?  

• Like 1

Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words :wub:

chimp-white-tiger-600x395.jpg

anjana-the-chimpanzee-and-two-tigers-9.j

• Like 8

20 hours ago, LV-426 said:

The problem is that the people on the fringes have the loudest voices, and a huge platform on social media these days.

The people with common sense, caught in the middle, are increasingly pushed into taking sides as the madness ensues.

It isn't going to end well :no:

What would it take for the world to unite?

Maybe a common threat?

• Like 1

What we need here is a Romeo and a Juliet ... a shame they have to die in the end though ...

~

• Like 2