Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DARPA is attempting to 'slow biological time'

UM-Bot

Hate to burst your bubble, but this technology has been around for nearly 90 years.  Grip a novel by Hemingway firmly in both hands, open to page 1, and watch time instantly slow to a unbearable crawl. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acidlung said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but this technology has been around for nearly 90 years.  Grip a novel by Hemingway firmly in both hands, open to page 1, and watch time instantly slow to a unbearable crawl. 

Yep, the great novels of the world can also be nearly unbearable. Some years ago I got an excellent result at a Portuguese Literature Exam (The Maias by Eça de Queiros), tne teacher was very impressed and said usually students dont know some of the details I mentioned and that showed that I enjoyed the small details of the book, I explained that I had given up after the 4th chapter as the book was boring as *** and that I read the Maias "for dummies" instead, the teacher was appaled and asked why did I considered the book boring, I stated that the author wasted too much time with details like the motive of the wall papers, the description of small details of landscapes etc, that had absolutly zero influence on the storyline or advanced the plot, the teacher angrely stated that these details, along side with the plot, were what made the book a great portuguese classic, I replied that these same great details were also the reason why most people didnt read the books like the Maias or Hemmingway's The Old Man and the Sea.

I know that I can be blunt, but subjective subjects p*** me off when it comes to school exams.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 1