Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worlds oldest-known message in a bottle found

Still Waters

It would certainly be awesome to find something as special as that. 

• Like 5

Well that certainly puts my seaglass collection to shame. What a cool find! 

• Like 5

That's really some neat stuff.

• Like 6

Talk about snail mail!

• Like 5

It's still quicker than DHL Express.

If you ever want to get rid of a body, package it up and send it off with DHL, it'll never be seen again.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, .saraharas. said:

Well that certainly puts my seaglass collection to shame. What a cool find! 

I’m sure that your seaglass collection is more than sufficient. 

As for OP, it is a really cool find. Surely there are still many others undiscovered out there.

• Like 4

Has anyone ever done that when they were kids? Put a message in a bottle and throw it in a river or stream.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Has anyone ever done that when they were kids? Put a message in a bottle and throw it in a river or stream.

No, not that I can remember. But I have thought about it, as it would be nice to put something like a poem, or your own private thoughts into a little bottle and let the ocean take it away to far places and distant shores, where someone may one day find your message.

Have you ever sent a little message off into a river or stream Hawkin...if not, what type of message would it be ? :)..

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Astra. said:

No, not that I can remember. But I have thought about it, as it would be nice to put something like a poem, or your own private thoughts into a little bottle and let the ocean take it away to far places and distant shores, where someone may one day find your message.

Have you ever sent a little message off into a river or stream Hawkin...if not, what type of message would it be ? :)..

In the 6th grade, my school teacher would have us kids fill helium balloons. Put a self addressed stamp postcard in a plastic bag and tie it to the balloon and set it a drift. Whoever found it would it mail it back. We could tell where it landed by the postmark. The balloons went all over the states and some to Canada.;)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

In the 6th grade, my school teacher would have us kids fill helium balloons. Put a self addressed stamp postcard in a plastic bag and tie it to the balloon and set it a drift. Whoever found it would it mail it back. We could tell where it landed by the postmark. The balloons went all over the states and some to Canada.;)

Wow, what a lovely idea. She sounded like a pretty cool and fun school teacher to have had. 

• Like 3