Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A U.S. Marine was refused service

Nxt2Hvn

It's just news..... It happened and now people are aware that it did in fact happen. That's why these forums are here......Right

If hitler had been given no press , would he have become chancellor of germany?

I think not...

Point being if the press is responsible and the people re-gurgitating it(nxt2hvn) then fascists , racists & bigots would have a FAR harder job in poisoning people with hatred.

449577[/snapback]

Funny you say that ... especially since I work in Media! You take things way to personal.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Nxt2Hvn

• Babs

• girty1600

im not takin it "personally " as such.

I just think we should learn from examples set in the past.

You obviously still can see how the article is inflammatory, derogatory and just a blatant attempt at inciting religious bigotry.

Living where i do i fully understand how religious bigotry cworks , how violent it is and how horrible it is.

It isn't like that here... so maybe this is where I fail to see your point!

well religious bigotry is always bad , u dont have to experience it daily to know that. im sure ur not that naive.

So articles that incite it are also bad.

Give her a break! Nxt2hvn is not the enemy, she is your friend on UM! She posted a news article just like everyone else does here. Tolerance, people, tolerance.

hmm.gif Boy... I am sure impressed with your passion on this!!!

But like I said... I will probably post other topics that get your dander up.....not that I will mean to.... just seems we see things differently.

I don't see anything wrong with posting "news"... or factual events that happen.... this forum is full of controversy... that is what makes this site so popular!

Give her a break! Nxt2hvn is not the enemy, she is your friend on UM! She posted a news article just like everyone else does here. Tolerance, people, tolerance.

One im not saying nxt2hvn is a bigot or racist im questioning her wisdom in posting the article.

Two me and nxt2hvn periodically clash over items like this , i rmemeber a thread involving steve irwin about a year ago that ended up getting quite heated lol.

I respect nxt2hvn , dont let this disagreement make u think otherwise.

Boy... I am sure impressed with your passion on this!!!

But like I said... I will probably post other topics that get your dander up.....not that I will mean to.... just seems we see things differently.

I don't see anything wrong with posting "news"... or factual events that happen.... this forum is full of controversy... that is what makes this site so popular

Religious bigotry is the single biggest risk the world has.

It should never be encouraged, articles like that encourage it i dont see where the surprise at my passon on this is, perhaps because of the bigotry that exists between catholics and protestants here i have a little more personal insight but thats all.

Am I the only lucid one here? Or does someone have a fight bug up their but?

Please be nice and calm down, everyone!

why are u insulting me????

I never insulted you or nxt2hvn , in fact this disagreement we were having was absolutley nothing to do with you. It was involving a post that nxt2hvn made regarding an incident that i directly questioned her about and u got involved , ive actually tried to not respond to your comments as i was discussing it with nxt2hvn not you.

My comments are very lucid and in my opinion understandable.

Like i sed bigotry is terrible in any form and inciting it is just as bad, by posting that article , unwittingly or not nxt2hvn was giving fascists and bigots a mouth piece which i disagree with .

Two me and nxt2hvn periodically clash over items like this , i rmemeber a thread involving steve irwin about a year ago that ended up getting quite heated lol.

LOL.. yeah.. I remember that one! Boy that did get a little heated!... btw.. I was still right!!! (j/k) thumbsup.gif

hhahahah

like i sed tho i do respect you i dont think for one moment your a bigot or racist at all , let me make that clear.

i just wanted to make my point ,

in the vain hope lol that youd say " ok wun just realised you were right all along "wont happen again. in fact u know all the other stuff wed disagreed with wun your right about them too"

Thats all tongue.gif

why are u insulting me????

I never insulted you or nxt2hvn , in fact this disagreement we were having was absolutley nothing to do with you. It was involving a post that nxt2hvn made regarding an incident that i directly questioned her about and u got involved , ive actually tried to not respond to your comments as i was discussing it with nxt2hvn not you.

My comments are very lucid and in my opinion understandable.

Like i sed bigotry is terrible in any form and inciting it is just as bad, by posting that article , unwittingly or not nxt2hvn was giving fascists and bigots a mouth piece which i disagree with .

449615[/snapback]

Who insulted you, Wun?

wasnt the most biting insult ever but aimed at me obviously.

OH NO!!! ohmy.gif What have I done???

Maybe wun was right? hmm.gif

Looks like this did cause hate and discontent!!!! dontgetit.gif

Please stop fighting guys!! sad.gif

Girty was just trying to help me get my point across... and Wun and I understand each other... so there is no real reason for hate here...is there???

none.

now on a new topic am off out ona pub crawl.

So to all.

Peace and love

I was just asking both of you, nicely, to calm down a bit because I thought this was a silly matter to fight over. You want me to but out, wun? I will, I thought these were public forums. Perhaps, if you don't want people butting in you should make your debate with nxt2hvn private through pm's.

wasnt the most biting insult ever but aimed at me obviously.

449627[/snapback]

no no no I was talking to everyone, not you.

Seems that blood just got to boiling over a simple case of poor customer service. You don't have to serve a customer just because they wear a military uniform. tongue.gif Not good for business, but it's their perogative.

Nxt2Hvn was clearly trying to stop people shopping in that guy's shop, however she didnt mention exactly where the shop was, she just mentioned he was middle eastern. that says it all for me!!!

thumbsup.gif

449669[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif First of all.. I wasn't trying to stop anyone from doing anything!... I don't know where the store is.. if you will note the "SOURCE"... it came from snopes.

It is just news... that's all.... nothing else!!!!!! w00t.gif

Why does Nxt2Hvn have to be criticized so much for posting an article? If someone disagrees with either the contents of the article or because it was ever posted, then say your comment once and move on. Anything further should be through PM.

We have a family from India here running a convenient store and when 911 hit nobody in town would shop him. In fact, all the way up and down the pike nobody would shop any foreigners running these places. This family has almost gone bankrupt. I shopped there as I am not prejudiced and felt that they were Americans and didn't do anything. But that is how it is in life.

The situation you write about wouldn't happen here NXT, I can assure you. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Babs

Why does Nxt2Hvn have to be criticized so much for posting an article? If someone disagrees with either the contents of the article or because it was ever posted, then say your comment once and move on. Anything further should be through PM.

449700[/snapback]

I agree...a sane and sober approach, but some people seem to want to force their views. yes.gif

Nxt. shouldn't let anyone stop her from posting and saying what her views are on a topic.

You know I have thought about bombing Mecca when I see all those muslims kneeling in one place.

whistling2.gif

449700[/snapback]

That's what I said too.....But I was ignored by all parties involved.