Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A U.S. Marine was refused service

Nxt2Hvn

Starting again gollum? Please don't force your views on others.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Nxt2Hvn

• Babs

• girty1600

You know I have thought about bombing Mecca when I see all those muslims kneeling in one place.

Racist. yes.gif

Why does Nxt2Hvn have to be criticized so much for posting an article? If someone disagrees with either the contents of the article or because it was ever posted, then say your comment once and move on. Anything further should be through PM.

449700[/snapback]

That's what I said too.....But I was ignored by all parties involved.

449735[/snapback]

Not by me crying.gif I was thankful for your help

Babs and Gollum, I know how fond you are of each other in reality but can you both try NOT to squabble in every single thread that appears? Please? For me?

*sharpens poking stick just in case no one listens*

devil.gif

Sorry, but I am not a racist. Many Americans feel the same as I. You can't change our ideas and ideals just because you don't like them. I never said I wanted to bomb a holy place...I said it would be a good threat and a good idea to hold that threat over OBL's head. You put words into my mouth simply because you want to fight. ph34r.gif

What's wrong, didn't you get enough 'fighting' playing army today? tongue.gif I know what I'd do.......I'd put you in the front line w00t.giflaugh.gif

(gollum, I sure hope you don't get this thread shut down)

Thistle...sorry I don't want to argue. I will just ignore him. Sorry I didn't see your post.

Hell, I thought I wrote a very nice article on th story way back on page one.

Ignored again.

While I do feel the story is inflammitory, Knowing nxt2hvn, I do not feel that was her intention.

But the story is biased and shows how racist SOME Americans can be.

You can continue ignoring me now

Once again.. this really wasnt or isn't "MY" view.... dontgetit.gif

Just a news story.. i found interesting... that is all....

And I appreciate all of you that are understanding that I have a right to my views... but really... this wasn't about "MY" views.... wacko.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

stillcrazy...I think every one has a right to their views, American or otherwise.

For the love of all that is sane!!!!!!

Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh w00t.gif

*I am gonna need therapy after this thread* ph34r.gif

TO: nxt2hvn.

I do not think your a racist,in fact I know you not.

The story, has it is written by snopes, is inflamatory towards mid-easterns.

IMEO the people who started the story are the ones who are being racist, has it clearly states that they have continued to picket the place even after the offending person was fired.

Nuff said.

TO: nxt2hvn.

I do not think your a racist,in fact I know you not.

The story, has it is written by snopes, is inflamatory towards mid-easterns.

IMEO the people who started the story are the ones who are being racist, has it clearly states that they have continued to picket the place even after the offending person was fired.

Nuff said.

Totally agreed

Awwwwww... thank you Stillcrazy and BH... I feel much better now!!! original.gif Glad you guys luv me!

*now I can stop sticking hot needles in my eyes* wacko.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

But there is a reason to post the new, when it is cleary racist. Maybe the reason is concius or inconcious..i dont know.

Nxt2Hvn, I know it was just an article just like every other article that is posted out here. Now I wonder if I post the one with lil prince jr in his lil uniform that he wore to the party, if I would get nailed just as you did??

It is all over...the idiots decided to not serve the Marine; the Marine handled himself well(He just walked out; I doubt I could have been so nice about it) and the idiots were fired for doing what they did...

I don't see what picketing the store after the fact is going to do for the family; it was already resolved.

Case closed...

We don't know why they did it. Aside the guy was a marine. For all we know, their homes and religious centers could have been vandilized like so many in this country after 9/11. Maybe they're from Iraq, and disprove of the war on thier homeland.

And business owners have the right to refuse service to who they want to. My roomate has had service refused to him over little more then a owner of a 7/11 (who was white) sold him a bum pack of corroded batteries. He got a refund, but told never to come back to the store.

We don't know why they did it. Aside the guy was a marine. For all we know, their homes and religious centers could have been vandilized like so many in this country after 9/11. Maybe they're from Iraq, and disprove of the war on thier homeland.

Maybe the Marine was being an ass and the workers were american and for the war aswell and there was no political, religious or racial reason behind any of it. Maybe they were sacked to save the business from ruin because certain people decided it was a good idea to turn the shop into a anti-american, against the war, troop hating symbol. But for some reason we seem to have to blindly believe Mr Marines interpretation of events.

But for some reason we seem to have to blindly believe Mr Marines interpretation of events.

“Semper Fidelis”

Maybe the Marine was being an ass and the workers were american and for the war aswell and there was no political, religious or racial reason behind any of it. Maybe they were sacked to save the business from ruin because certain people decided it was a good idea to turn the shop into a anti-american, against the war, troop hating symbol. But for some reason we seem to have to blindly believe Mr Marines interpretation of events.

450009[/snapback]

exactly. We only have one side to this story, and people are getting up in arms about it. The guy says he was polite to them and everything, how do we know he wasn't telling the truth?

exactly. We only have one side to this story, and people are getting up in arms about it. The guy says he was polite to them and everything, how do we know he wasn't telling the truth?

Seems to me I already made that point on page one of this topic.

I hate being ignored........

Nobody loves me...

Everybody hate meee....

think I'll eat some worms.......

Childhood song. (Just in case your wondering if I have gone completely out into left field.)

I was being somewhat sarcastic. Sorry if anyone mistakes my very dry sense of humor.

The whole point of the story, IMEO is that given face value and without reading anything else into it. Both sides are demonstrating racism and a great deal of intolerance. I have, (and I hate using the word) been dissed by different people of different nationalities at one time or another in my life. I am sure all of us have at one point or another. It's how you look at it that will dictate your character. Those that showed contempt or disrespect to me lost any chance that I would respect them. However, I did not lump the rest of their race, color, creed, country of origin into the same cubby hole I placed them. I refuse to be a racist. And being a racist is a choice.

The story highlights that some people will go to extremes when they feel that another nationality as offended them. Termination and saying your sorry does not seem to be good enough for the family. They want to drive the owner out of the area. Who is the bigger racist, two clerks or a group of picketers?

My question to the family would be, is your acting racist going to change the views of the clerks, and how your son/brother and all Americans treat immigrants?

I was agreeing with you both.. sheesh.. chill out ;P I still love ya both!