Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A U.S. Marine was refused service

Nxt2Hvn

S/C I know you where in support of our statements. I was refering to certain unamed people that either can't read or can't comprehend the written word.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Nxt2Hvn

• Babs

• girty1600

I can sympathize with your feelings and aside from not going back there, there's not much to do about it.

Please understand I don't hate members of the military, but please don't say they are dying for me or any other common person. They are dying for those extremely wealthy people who engineered the tragedy in IRAQ. I don't feel safer because he is in uniform because I never felt threatened in the first place. sad.gif

Im sorry, but you should be greateful. Why? Because people like them exist. People like them signed on knowing that they may loose their lives. They are protecting you simply by being in the military.

Homer

i disagreed with the story being posted in the first place and i wanted to point out (to those who didnt notice) that the story was a moutn piece for a much more shadowy movement.

I couldnt have done that by pm,n everyone on UM (that is what your suggesting isnt it). this thread however has gone out of control lol.

I thought i made it clear way back that my posts where aimed at the article writer mostly but that i only crticises nxt2hvn's judgement in posting and by association spreading prejudice and bigotry.

I do NOT think she is a bogot or racist , i just think she was naive thats all.

i only posted several times because me and nxt2hvn were replying to each other.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

We have a family from India here running a convenient store and when 911 hit nobody in town would shop him. In fact, all the way up and down the pike nobody would shop any foreigners running these places. This family has almost gone bankrupt. I shopped there as I am not prejudiced and felt that they were Americans and didn't do anything. But that is how it is in life

And there we have it , in all its glory.

The sentiments of a lesser being.

Explain , if you will , exactly why indian would have anything to do with the war on terror??

OH I GET IT, sorry excuse my ignorance, they have a similar colour of skin to osama dont they right.....

the fact that they worship another faith , live in a different part of the world and are part of the LARGEST democracy on earth is irrelevant ,.......right babs.

But if i understand what your saying , that doesnt matter because according to you the average american wouldnt know that , and according to you thats okay , because , well .....sh** happens eh babs.

if i was an indian saying sh** happens to you with regards to 9/11 what would your response be?....

*(now everyone lets wait for the stereotypical , "i pledge allegiance to the flag" reply)

You know I have thought about bombing Mecca when I see all those muslims kneeling in one place.

hmmmm

ur not prejudiced babs??

the fact that they worship another faith , live in a different part of the world and are part of the LARGEST democracy on earth is irrelevant ,.......right babs.

Do you think they went far enough to know that? Or perhaps they just saw the color of their skin and assumed that they were muslims?

well when i consider someone i take all that into account.....

but its exactly what i was criticising.

As far as I can see from all this.

NXT is probably one of the most peaceful and tolerant people on here and I do not believe for one minute she posted it for any other reason. The person who wrote the article is inciting hatred and bigotry and unfortunately there are alot of people in the world unintelligent enough to think for themselves and thus this article will only provoke them.

If anything this article shows us how pathetic and intolerant people really are. From what I have read from the article both parties were to blame for there narrow minded attitudes.

This is the kind of town I live in now...way out in the country. I'm from the big city and people are very different there. I am trying to tell you a story, wun. But you see things in too simple a light. You never see the bigger picture; you just want immediate gratification for your ego and 'ego comforts'.

My town has a great number of enlisted (service) men...one of the highest in the country. I am describing the situation here. If the town black-balled this family, who were Indian, just think what would happen to an Iragi or Al Qaedy? I don't approve of their attitude...been against racism amd prejudice all my life, but this is the way it is here. Like it or not, life is what it is, wun.

I hate having to spell things out for you, I like it better when there is a little mystery. wub.giftongue.gifgrin2.gif

Edited by Babs

been against racism amd prejudice all my life, but this is the way it is here. Like it or not, life is what it is, wun.

both babs

You know I have thought about bombing Mecca when I see all those muslims kneeling in one place.

hmm im confused .

I agree with what Lottie just said...

I came across this thought on the net today and think it is appropriate here.

*Attacking the messager does _not_disprove the message*

been against racism amd prejudice all my life, but this is the way it is here. Like it or not, life is what it is, wun.

both babs

hmm im confused .

450730[/snapback]

What part don't you get? The part where I thought about it? I did. I'm human. And I'm honest. But as I said I would have to think pretty soberly about actually doing it. Too many innocent people there. Course, the Al Qaeda boys didn't care about our innocents at 911. The fact that I would not bomb the holy place because of the innocents worries me. sad.gif We might not win the war. ph34r.gif

Perhaps you should go play army with gollum today, wun...or douse yourself with beer at your local pub. wink2.giflaugh.gif

scissor...you slay me. laugh.gif Sorry I am taking a long time to post I have a stressed out hand and wrist and am having to use the other hand on the mouse.

What part don't you get? The part where I thought about it? I did. I'm human. And I'm honest. But as I said I would have to think pretty soberly about actually doing it. Too many innocent people there. Course, the Al Qaeda boys didn't care about our innocents at 911. The fact that I would not bomb the holy place because of the innocents worries me.  We might not win the war

oh im glad youd think soberly before killing a million innocent people who have committed no crime.

What does al queada have to do with mecca?? please enlighten me.

And why should you even consider even for a second the nuclear attack of it??

please explain the link .

anm sure our allies the saudi arabians (bush pals) would love it as well babs.

The fact that I would not bomb the holy place because of the innocents worries me.  sad.gif  We might not win the war ph34r.gif

While I agree with Babs on many issues...this isn't one of them original.gif

The Military persuasion is to avoid casualties of innocents as much as is possible while recognizing the fact that civilian casualties are an unfortunate part of any war. I can guarantee you that President Bush never even considered the thought of nuking Mecca.

This is a hoax story perpetuated by the Conspiracy Theory Crowd and nothing more.

It is a well known fact among the leaders of the world that the United States will never, ever, under any circumstances* use nuclear force in the engagement of a war.

* the only scenario where the US would use nukes is in retaliation. This is what keeps the world at Nuclear Peace. The leaders of the world know what would happen if someone got slap happy with nukes and they understand the philosophy of mutually guaranteed destruction. And they do Trust the US not to use nukes in any war.

The thought of killing innocents does worry me. yes.gif The majority of Muslims want Peace and Freedom. There is an unfortunate fringe group that seeks totalitarianism at any and all cost. These are the people we are at war with. Osama's sisters and brothers and cousins are not responsible for what Osama does. We don't need to kill civilians and innocents to win any war.

see even joc and i are in agreement on this one as well ,end this madness and apologise for the comment babs.

I think it is worth noting at this point that the Mecca thread was shut down and I doubt that any mods want this to be a regurgitated Mecca Flame.

Back to the topic which was:

ahh but tis relevant jocmeister.

Any thread babs gets involved in should be shut down immediatley lol.

I wish you would stop trying to stuff your beliefs down people's throats. You should be more tolerant, wun.

You know, wun, you just like to argue and I like to see you get all wound up tongue.gifgrin2.gif but you really should be more tolerant.

Just because I don't see things the way you do.... wink2.gifReally, wun, you can't make people bow to your ideals.

I agree with what joc says above.

What worries me is the fact that we have humane ideals, though, and in the end I know what terrorism can accomplish. It seems to me we will be killing more people _trying to protect the innocents. And, in the long run, this will prolong the war. (a prolonged war means more lives are extinguished)

These are my thoughts, I don't expect wun to understand them...as usual. rolleyes.gif

So lets just bomb Mecca and get rid of all those damn Muslims. War over, everyone can go home.

(Said as sarcastically as one can).

What worries me is the fact that we have humane ideals

You know I have thought about bombing Mecca when I see all those muslims kneeling in one place

from the same person ...

says it all. lol

Your right babs i dont understand you and im glad i dont.

Maybe I am missing something, But was does bombing Mecca (Not a good Idea) have to do with a bunch of racist in Texas. ( I do consider the author of the letter and all the protesters racist and bigots) mad.gif

Oops, I just answered my own question. w00t.gif