Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phantom Kangaroo Cryptid Profile & Stories

Sirsquatchicorn

This is a narrative profile of the phantom kangaroos and with a few stories added. This is a cryptid I just learned about and it seems quite fascinating being that is extremely similar to a Dogman and many stories come from the Midwest. Thanks for listening as usual and please let me know if there is any crytid encounters you would like me to narrate.

Sincerely, Sirsquatchicorn.

Ohhh Jesus.

cant you NOT find something that isn’t “Dogman”?

Iv'e never heard of a Cryptid phantom kangaroo before. Also OP, for some reason the video doesn't play either...well not from my end anyway's. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ohhh Jesus.

cant you NOT find something that isn’t “Dogman”?

It's suppose to be Dogman ?..cos' I'm actually kinda confused. 

46 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Iv'e never heard of a Cryptid phantom kangaroo before. Also OP, for some reason the video doesn't play either...well not from my end an

This one should be correct sorry for the confusion...to you and everybody else and thanks for listening.

Edited by Sirsquatchicorn
The original video doesn't work although I can't delete it

Kangaroos more common in Wisconsin than you might think -

Kangaroos more common in Wisconsin than you might think

Posted: Feb 05, 2015 10:36 AM AESTUpdated: Feb 20, 2015 10:36 AM AEST

Madison (WKOW)-- The story of a Beaver Dam woman bringing a baby kangaroo inside a McDonald's restaurant has gained the attention of many Wisconsinites across the state. The police were notified and the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. 

While these exotic animals may not be your typical Wisconsin pet, they're more common than you might think.

"We've got Brandon who is about 1-years-old and Captain who is three," owner Joe Wood says.

That's right, Captain Kangaroo.

"They're very friendly. They love attention. They love to be petted. They love kids," Wood explains.

The Wood family owns a farm on Madison's East Side where they also raise horses, chickens and a buffalo.

In order to own a kangaroo in Wisconsin, the animals must be registered with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. As long as officials have the correct import papers and permits, the animals are legal to own in Wisconsin. The department granted eight permits over the last 14 months. Several other permits have been granted in recent years.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sirsquatchicorn said:

Thank you something went wrong in the upload process here is the narrative

And that one went bad as well

18 minutes ago, Sirsquatchicorn said:

And that one went bad as well

Thanks anyway. But it seems that psyche has got it covered with the link he popped in which explains very well why folk have been having these sightings. They aren't phantoms...they're just normal kangaroos hopping about. So there's no real mystery about it I'm afraid. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Thanks anyway. But it seems that psyche has got it covered with the link he popped in which explains very well why folk have been having these sightings. They aren't phantoms...they're just normal kangaroos hopping about. So there's no real mystery about it I'm afraid. 

Like I say in the narrative it is most likely a dog man or an irresponsible pet owner so I can agree and he just further explained what I already have. 

Kangaroos in Wisconsin!  How many Bison are owned in Queensland?

• Like 3

Oh ok, well I didn't get to hear your narrative anyway, as you had a few hassles with your vids. But hey, no worries. :tu:..

7 minutes ago, Sirsquatchicorn said:

Trueeee

Quite a few, apparently.                          http://aranyanibison.com/                                                                        

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh ok, well I didn't get to hear your narrative anyway, as you had a few hassles with your vids. But hey, no worries. :tu:..

Who in their right bloody mind would have a roo as a pet?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Quite a few, apparently.                          http://aranyanibison.com/                                                                        

I didn't know we had a bison theme park :)

I know some farmers dabble in them. But I thought the numbers were pretty small. 

Picked up a project out west, one of the workers didn't show up for work one day, turns out he hit a water buffalo with his ute on the way to work. 

First and only time I've heard that excuse for not showing up!! 

And then there were the two hunters up north who thought they shot a huge pig. Turned out to be a pygmy hippo! 

We get some strange stories....... 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I didn't know we had a bison theme park :)

I know some farmers dabble in them. But I thought the numbers were pretty small. 

Picked up a project out west, one of the workers didn't show up for work one day, turns out he hit a water buffalo with his ute on the way to work. 

First and only time I've heard that excuse for not showing up!! 

And then there were the two hunters up north who thought they shot a huge pig. Turned out to be a pygmy hippo! 

We get some strange stories....... 

Pygmy Hippos in the Northern Territory?

• Like 3

Ah, an escapee from Tipperary Station park.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pygmy Hippos in the Northern Territory?

I know! I found it rather amazing myself, it was a one off, probably an escapee, I never followed the story that far, but it's the kind of thing you don't forget in a hurry either. 

It hit the news

http://www.news.com.au/national/pygmy-hippopotamus-shot-during-northern-territory-hunting-trip/news-story/1461ccca27470bd37db65d0d46ac51f2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

I know! I found it rather amazing myself, it was a one off, probably an escapee, I never followed the story that far, but it's the kind of thing you don't forget in a hurry either. 

It hit the news

http://www.news.com.au/national/pygmy-hippopotamus-shot-during-northern-territory-hunting-trip/news-story/1461ccca27470bd37db65d0d46ac51f2

We've got the full sized ones running wild in South America, escapees from a drug lord's menagerie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

We've got the full sized ones running wild in South America, escapees from a drug lord's menagerie. 

Nasty! 

Quite cantankerous creatures from what I hear. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nasty! 

Who? Drug Lords? Certsinly. The hippo’s not the most sanguine being either!

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Who? Drug Lords? Certsinly. The hippo’s not the most sanguine being either!

:rofl::tu:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Nasty! 

More people are killed by hippos than by crocs in Africa.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2018 at 5:22 PM, psyche101 said:

Nasty! 

what strikes me is just how human like they can be at times. last winter, i was driving early one morning to pick up a colleague (red bank plains) when i noticed what looked like a weirdo lying on the grass, looking like he was playing with his phone  without his shirt on. threw on the high beams, just to discover it wasn't dude but a friggen roo scratching at the grass. i can understand how some people under the right circumstances mistaking a roo for some legendary man like creature.

• Like 1