Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tiangong-1 space station to crash within weeks

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

They aren't stealing your money so what do you care?

Good point.... as a Subject of Her Majesty, I don't pay tax in the USA, and hence don't fund NASA. 

Accordingly, I shall move to a US Sanctuary City, and vote (possibly several times) for a HUGE increase in NASA's budget :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

They aren't stealing your money so what do you care?

So because I don't happen to be a tax payer in the US. I'm not aloud to care and appreciate the wonderful work and the great accomplishments they've achieved through space exploration that they share with the world ?..  wow, I had no idea that folk like yourself resented NASA so much.

Sheesh, I would think that it would be something that you would be proud of rather than loathe. :unsure2:..

1 hour ago, toast said:

Wasnt it you who agreed on the claim that "The Pleiadians" "are here" and "have been for a long time"?

Really ? :lol:..

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yeah: Lol!

smilie_school_003.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I can't argue with that.:D You make some great points Astra. I still think though we all need to step outside the box or we are never going to explore space as humans.

The box was stepped outside a while ago. We are already well in the process of exploring space. Have you been hiding under a rock or something :rolleyes:..

I am always up for adventure and discovering new things. I would be the first one to sign up for a trip to Mars.lol! Even if I have to get there in a teleport machine.

You wont need a time machine. Believe me, a trip to Mars (with people) will eventually happen. Go and do some research and find out what's been happening :)..

Edited by Astra.

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I still think though we all need to step outside the box or we are never going to explore space as humans. 

Well, lets hear it. What do you propose? I'm also curious of your qualifications. If you're going to be so critical of NASA then you should offer solutions.

7 minutes ago, toast said:

Yeah: Lol!

smilie_school_003.gif

You might say that Truthseeker007 have failed spectacularly if he tries to live up to his username. :innocent:

21 minutes ago, Astra. said:

So because I don't happen to be a tax payer in the US. I'm not aloud to care and appreciate the wonderful work and the great accomplishments they've achieved through space exploration that they share with the world ?..  wow, I had no idea that folk like yourself resented NASA so much.

Sheesh, I would think that it would be something that you would be proud of rather than loathe. :unsure2:..

It's a bit strange that we often see a lot of resentment towards NASA, but I don't think I have ever seen any European member complaining about ESA. My little country have two space agencies, ESA and our own DTU Space, yet I don't remember anyone b****ing about that back here.

Is there an Australian space agency you can complain about ?

I remember some time ago we had a US member complaining about CERN and how much tax money they took from him, not knowing that the US contributes nothing to CERN. Things like that is kinda funny because it shows how little people know about the things the complain about.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Well, lets hear it. What do you propose? I'm also curious of your qualifications. If you're going to be so critical of NASA then you should offer solutions.

This thread is a fine example of what happens when people who knows nothing of space tries to come up with solutions:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You might say that Truthseeker007 have failed spectacularly if he tries to live up to his username. :innocent:

Haha yep, talk about the irony :D..

It's a bit strange that we often see a lot of resentment towards NASA, but I don't think I have ever seen any European member complaining about ESA. My little country have two space agencies, ESA and our own DTU Space, yet I don't remember anyone b****ing about that back here.

Yes, Iv'e read that your space agencies do a wonderful job whilst working with other International Space Agencies as well. And yes, it boggles the mind as to why some folk don't support such wonderful organisations (namely NASA) in regards to one or two members here.

Is there an Australian space agency you can complain about ?

No, but there's some good news that we are finally getting our own Space Agency. It's certainly been long over due, but nevertheless it's still very exciting. And if I have to pay taxes to help fund it...then that's fine by me  :tu:..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-25/government-to-establish-national-space-agency/8980268

I remember some time ago we had a US member complaining about CERN and how much tax money they took from him, not knowing that the US contributes nothing to CERN. Things like that is kinda funny because it shows how little people know about the things the complain about.

Yeah, human nature never ceases to amaze sometimes. I think there will always be those who have to find an excuse to grumble about one thing or another. It's even worse when they don't bother opening their eye's by finding out the facts before they start to whine.  

Edited by Astra.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:13 PM, Merc14 said:

You aren't arguing, you are preaching.  We get it, you don't like NASA but think we should start another agency and spend trillions on space exploration or let a private organization do it  which no one is standing in the way of now sooooo. 

Preaching, discussing, arguing its all moot. None of us on this board are policy makers. Our opinions are worthless, our ideas no matter how revolutionary and correct are worthless. We are just giving our opinions on certain subjects. The most we can get out of it is greater understanding. For example, I had no idea the Chinese space station was literally tumbling out of control. I thought it was on a dedicated orbit that was decaying. See I learned something. As far as NASA is concerned, not for us to decide its fate, we are not the powers that be. That's why I find it funny when people get angry on message boards, even if you are 100% right, NOTHING CHANGES! Some political crony is in charge and always will be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Astra. said:

The box was stepped outside a while ago. We are already well in the process of exploring space. Have you been hiding under a rock or something :rolleyes:..

You wont need a time machine. Believe me, a trip to Mars (with people) will eventually happen. Go and do some research and find out what's been happening :)..

We are exploring space with robots not humans. Yes I hide in caves care to join me?:lol:

I said teleport machine not time machine silly. Would you take a trip to Mars if you could?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, internetperson said:

I can be critical of NASA since they take part in wasting my tax dollars. One solution would be a civilian space agency. One that uses Tesla technologies to expand the movement of space. 

18 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

How so? Comments from the peanut gallery such as yourself who offer nothing to the world but silly comments that mean nothing.

19 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yes many Americans dislike NASA. If the money was coming out of your pocket you might be a little more bitter about NASA. If you think they have done great that is your opinion. I totally disagree with it but you are entitled to have an opinion. I would rather talk with someone that has a different opinion then me for it makes for good conversation and we can both learn something.

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

One solution would be a civilian space agency. One that uses Tesla technologies to expand the movement of space. 

Tesla`s dynamic theory of gravity was an idea by Tesla that even hasnt been written down by him. Furthermore, as it is claimed that he announced such theory in 1938, it is unlikely that there are such effects as supposed because nothing has been investigated and/or found by modern physics during the last seven decades. Consequently, there is no such technology that can be used by a space agency to "expand the movement of space", because thats esoteric babble only with no connection to the reality. If you are willing to spent yr tax money into such nonsense, ok for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I can be critical of NASA since they take part in wasting my tax dollars. One solution would be a civilian space agency. One that uses Tesla technologies to expand the movement of space. 

Hell, you can be critical of anything you want. 

Isn't SpaceX a civilian space agency? You should write Musk a letter. If you know how to construct such a device then you'll have a pretty sweet job offer I bet. 

• Like 2

On 15/03/2018 at 3:45 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

We are exploring space with robots not humans.

Well, have you not considered that the probes / robots are basically the pathfinders and scouts that open up the frontiers of space so that we can decide where and when to send future manned missions, so as to determine how people can live and work safely in space? Or would you prefer humans just to dive in without first exploring what's out there ? 

Yes I hide in caves care to join me?:lol:

Sure, as long as there's internet connection....no prob :tu:..

I said teleport machine not time machine silly.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Hey! speaking of silly. Is it really true that you believe in The Pleiadians... and they live amongst us on earth ? :D..

Would you take a trip to Mars if you could?

Yep, would you ? :)..

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

Yes many Americans dislike NASA. If the money was coming out of your pocket you might be a little more bitter about NASA.

No, I doubt that I'd be bitter.

On 15/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

If you think they have done great that is your opinion. I totally disagree with it but you are entitled to have an opinion. I would rather talk with someone that has a different opinion then me for it makes for good conversation and we can both learn something.

Agree.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well, have you not considered that the probes / robots are basically the pathfinders and scouts that open up the frontiers of space so that we can decide where and when to send future manned missions, so as to determine how people can live and work safely in space? Or would you prefer humans just to dive in without first exploring what's out there ? 

Sure, as long as there's internet connection....no prob :tu:..

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Hey! speaking of silly. Is it really true that you believe in The Pleiadians... and they live amongst us on earth ? :D..

Yep, would you ? :)..

You always make great points and Touché.:lol:

I could arrange an internet connection for you.:D

I have never seen a Pleiadian myself so I am not 100% but there are many stories of them. I don't know if I totally believe but I find it interesting. I will let you know when I see one.:lol:

Yes I would! So see your there!:lol:

17 hours ago, Astra. said:

No, I doubt that I'd be bitter.

Agree.   

Thanks! I am sure we could agree on a lot more things. Like how I would like your accent when you speak.:lol:

@Truthseeker007, there is a slight problem with the concept of a 'teleport machine', which few people every think about. 

Earth and Mars are travelling in very different directions, and at different relative speeds, at any instant in time. Indeed, different PARTS of earth - and different PARTS of Mars, are doing likewise, as both planets rotate around their axis, in addition to rotating around the Sun. 

If you are "teleported" from one to the other, you will arrive with the  original inertia. (e.g. speed and direction) of the patch of ground on Earth that you where teleported from

This would result in you arriving on Mars, and then INSTANTLY zooming up, sideways or - worse - DOWNWARDS at thousands of miles per hour. Even if you where lucky and angled slightly upwards (to avoid instant death), you would certainly exceed the 'escape velocity' of Mars, and just zoom off into space. 

.. much like some of the posts in this thread :D:P 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:25 AM, RoofGardener said:

@Truthseeker007, there is a slight problem with the concept of a 'teleport machine', which few people every think about. 

Earth and Mars are travelling in very different directions, and at different relative speeds, at any instant in time. Indeed, different PARTS of earth - and different PARTS of Mars, are doing likewise, as both planets rotate around their axis, in addition to rotating around the Sun. 

If you are "teleported" from one to the other, you will arrive with the  original inertia. (e.g. speed and direction) of the patch of ground on Earth that you where teleported from

This would result in you arriving on Mars, and then INSTANTLY zooming up, sideways or - worse - DOWNWARDS at thousands of miles per hour. Even if you where lucky and angled slightly upwards (to avoid instant death), you would certainly exceed the 'escape velocity' of Mars, and just zoom off into space. 

While all of this is currently true, I'd hope that it teleportation ever arrives, the algorithms used will compensate for this.  Otherwise we'll never hear "Beam me up, Scotty!"

I really want to defend an earlier poster about saying "Made in China"

'Stereotypical'? So what!?

If I say that the Swedes make good watches, or that the Germans make fine metal products... to the general exclusion of other nation's... is that wrong?

No. It's a fact. It's "typical", though not 100%.

Yeah, China is well noted for producing non-durable goods. That's their industrial psychology... make it cheap, buy it cheap, it breaks, buy again (from them) All about money.

Thus it makes perfect correlated sense to attribute the stability of this craft with the "make it cheap - I don't care what happens" attitude of China's industrial complex.

"Made in China" is a synonymous metaphor for "Cheap/fragile/non-durable and potentially dangerous"

Too much "political correctness" is just plain stupid. Call a spade a spade, or get the hell out of the toolshed.

3 hours ago, paperdyer said:

While all of this is currently true, I'd hope that it teleportation ever arrives, the algorithms used will compensate for this.  Otherwise we'll never hear "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Well, indeed Paperdyer. However, I don't think an "algorithm" can nullify inertia, or impose the inertia of one frame of reference upon another (without rendering the person being teleported into subatomic  plasma).. 

If we had a device to nullify inertia, then we would have the ultimate doomsday weapon. Teleportation would be the least of our problems :) 

On 17/03/2018 at 7:25 AM, RoofGardener said:

Didn't you see the "hard science" in the Star Trek movie, where Scotty teleported himself and Kirk between two ships moving at warp speed?

Sheeesh!! Do I need to educate eeeveryone here!? :rolleyes:

:rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

So basically it could come down just about anywhere...

Yep, maybe even on your head ;)..