Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revelations 4 & 9

trevor borocz johnson

Revelations is a book of prophesy, controversial, even in it's on time and a last minute addition to the traditional canon. It's the biblical equivalent of the Nostradamus Prophecies and every generation attributes their own revisionist interpretations to it.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

Hypocrites! can you not discern the signs of the times!

When Jesus's disciples asked, Tell us what the signs will be ....

Jesus answered, A wicked and adulterous nation seeks a sign and no sign shall be given unto them but the sign of Jonah.

And you call us hypocrites!?

10 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm a Native American........:lol:

too quick thoughts, In my research of different American Indian religions, I found that of the Hopi to be most thorough. I'm not to aware of that of the Cherokee or Mayan or Iroqouis. 

Secondly the religion of the bible is most thorough of all?

I doubt that anyone could possibly deduce the true meaning without having full text to take into account. Based simply over one or two lines we can't make real picture as there is quite a lot to be taken into perspective here.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, Sundew said:

Some theologians place the "rapture" of the Church (as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54) at the phrase "come up hither" and then everything that follows deals with events in the future after that rapture. One reason is that the prior chapters of the book deal with the Church on earth, the next time the Church is mentioned it is in Heaven. The seven churches mentioned in the first chapters were actual physical churches in Asia Minor at the time of John, roughly 70 A.D., if memory serves. But they have also been interpreted as seven distinct church ages with various historical events coinciding with particular churches mentioned culminating with the rapture at the end of the Church age. They also can also be interpreted as types of churches that exist today, from the spiritual and Godly to the secular and dying. Perhaps they mean all three at once. It is somewhat common in Scripture for events to have a current fulfillment near the time they were written and a future fulfillment at a far later date or a literal and a spiritual meaning for the same text. So a double or triple interpretation would not be unusual. 

i can take the books Moby Dick and Frankenstein and do the same thing....draw conclusions based on texts of Frankenstien for what is really meant in the first sentence of Moby Dick ...Call me Ishamael.   The problem with Revelations and the Bible in general is that it was all put together by a bunch of men who combined letters to churches and such....and it is all supposed to be believed as written.  Therefore... 1 + 1 = 7.5 if you make a connection between pieces of writings where there isn't any real connection.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

too quick thoughts, In my research of different American Indian religions, I found that of the Hopi to be most thorough. I'm not to aware of that of the Cherokee or Mayan or Iroqouis. 

bull**** is what it is! Everything online about the Hopi is bull****. They are really mad about all that Newage twisting and dreck.

We think the concept of original sin and forgiveness is barbaric. We think the concept of Hell is barbaric and we think the concept of the "End Times" is barbaric. Christianity is nothing like Native beliefs.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

bull**** is what it is! Everything online about the Hopi is bull****. They are really mad about all that Newage twisting and dreck.

We think the concept of original sin and forgiveness is barbaric. We think the concept of Hell is barbaric and we think the concept of the "End Times" is barbaric. Christianity is nothing like Native beliefs.

Amusing anecdote from last years trip to Arizona:  Stopped into a Hopi store...not being really familiar with the Hopi I googled them after seeing women working in the store wearing what seemed to be a hijab.   I saw images on google of Hopi women wearing head coverings.  I am pretty sure though that these women working in the store were not Hopi....unless the Hopi also speak with a middle-eastern accent.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Amusing anecdote from last years trip to Arizona:  Stopped into a Hopi store...not being really familiar with the Hopi I googled them after seeing women working in the store wearing what seemed to be a hijab.   I saw images on google of Hopi women wearing head coverings.  I am pretty sure though that these women working in the store were not Hopi....unless the Hopi also speak with a middle-eastern accent.

Turkish or Iranian traders who sell souvenirs. I use to wholesale my carvings to a Turk I called "Al Pacino". 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, joc said:

People always wonder how come I know so much about Turkish politics. He's a Kemalist and there's the answer. :lol:

• Like 2

On 3/8/2018 at 7:07 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I think if you live in a part of the world like India you should wise up and start focusing all your attention on moving North and some sort of world government program that you can join to do just such.

LOL

You really don't take the time to hear people, do you?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

In what way? It is a collection of fables of a bronze age tribe trying to explain what was to them, unexplainable.

No better or worse than any other mythology of a primitive people.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I believe in the bottomless pit. I always imagined the locusts were radiation. My patent coverage in Canada was my only real original thought. Maybe ten uses of cratering and a 200 use reusable cannon without a lid. The patent came when the thought was young, my patent lawyer mentioned putting a loop on top of the cannonball idea, and I'd thought of it earlier, but no one had thought on top of the water cannon in the whole office. So since its in the public domain it would be a bottomless pit.

The locusts are told not to hurt the green grass or trees either, suggesting alternative fuels to oil and coal or 'green' technology, not that radiation does a whole lot to help plants grow, but just my take of how a bunch of politicians would look at such a trade off. 

And it also says the locusts and the pit have a king over them, abaddon I think it is, which means destruction, in a modern world this would probably be a bomb. Lucky coincidence, or another repeat of evolution in the Universe?

On 3/8/2018 at 7:18 AM, Susanc241 said:

It’s easy to make prophecies that are so far in the future that neither you nor anybody alive when you make them is still going to be around to see if they pan out or not.

This is true.  2600 years ago Isaiah predicted that Israel would come back from their dispersion and come from the four corners of the earth to the land of Israel.  He also predicted they'd be attacked by a coalition of nations that today are all Muslim, but no such religion/faith existed at the time.  He predicted Persia, Turkey, Sudan, a leader named Gog of a land called Magog (to the uttermost north of Israel) that'd be Russia today, would come against Israel to "take a spoil" and Israel would have no allies or friends at all to help.  5/6 of all the invading troops will DIE on the mountains of Israel and fire will fall on those who remain at home in the nations who sent troops.  Guess who's forming a tight little alliance in the middle east today?  That's right, Camper, Russia, Iran, Turkey, and a few other Islamic nations.  They seem to have a bone to pick with Israel over the oil wealth in the Golan.   Stay tuned for updates on your news channel of choice.

ETA - I almost forgot a detail - when he predicted they'd come back from being scattered to the four winds (the Diaspora) it hadn't HAPPENED YET.

Edited by and then

9 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

The locusts are told not to hurt the green grass or trees either, suggesting alternative fuels to oil and coal or 'green' technology, not that radiation does a whole lot to help plants grow, but just my take of how a bunch of politicians would look at such a trade off. 

And it also says the locusts and the pit have a king over them, abaddon I think it is, which means destruction, in a modern world this would probably be a bomb. Lucky coincidence, or another repeat of evolution in the Universe?

Thank the Lords of Kobol that we have you to decipher the meaning of these ancient texts!

I have no idea how humanity would survive without YOU!

On 3/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Hi @trevor borocz johnson what exactly is it that you wish to discuss?

Nothing. The poster merely wishes to spread their mental excrement.

25 minutes ago, and then said:

a leader named Gog of a land called Magog (to the uttermost north of Israel) that'd be Russia today,

Based on...?

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

Based on...?

Nothing you'd agree with or ever be interested in discussing civilly :)   No offense Jodie, but I'm done trying with you, all due respect but the roundabout gets old and boring, to each his own, no harm, no foul.

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

The poster merely wishes to spread their mental excrement.

Kinda funny. We all are doing that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Thank the Lords of Kobol that we have you to decipher the meaning of these ancient texts!

I have no idea how humanity would survive without YOU!

See, this is what I mean.  I'm a solid believer and this guy's posts confuse even me but why the attitude and the "ugly"?  Did I miss something?  Has he been rude to you?  Just curious, no biggie.  I just don't see the reason for snarkiness over something like differences between people's belief systems, ya know?  You've made it abundantly clear, on multiple occasions that you do not believe in a Creator God and you seem to have a great deal of animosity or at least scorn, for those who do believe.  Ultimately, your lack of belief doesn't affect me or others and I'm sure my/their faith doesn't negatively impact you so why the near obsession to denigrate and humiliate?  Seriously, I just don't understand the need or the purpose it serves and I'm curious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Nothing you'd agree with or ever be interested in discussing civilly :)   No offense Jodie, but I'm done trying with you, all due respect but the roundabout gets old and boring, to each his own, no harm, no foul.

whatever.

Just keep believing what you believe.

You make a statement, apparently pulling 'facts' from thin air, and then do not explain your justification.

As you say, I'm done.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And what if Jesus just doesn't show? 

Then the world is no better off than it was...  But... what if He DOES?  Serious question - what then?  And to make things even more interesting, what if He explains His purpose and even though it fits the text, it can be understood in an entirely different and LOGICAL way?  That'd be the universe's biggest curveball, wouldn't it :w00t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

nd you seem to have a great deal of animosity or at least scorn, for those who do believe.

I have no animosity for those who believe, in whatever god they take comfort from.

But even you stated that this guy makes no sense.

But I'm the bad guy?

Fine.

Good night to all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

whatever.

Just keep believing what you believe.

You make a statement, apparently pulling 'facts' from thin air, and then do not explain your justification.

As you say, I'm done.

Only because I'm not rising to the same, tired old bait.  Find your kicks with an unsuspecting person who isn't used to your routine.  It's boring.