Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus

8th_wall

So...  A woman came up to me today and started speaking at me about the return of Jesus.  I wonder what percentage of the population aren't aware of this already that she's reaching out to...  Like... It's still news to be spread.

I find it extremely uncomfortable and off putting as I feel a large degree of religion is personal.

I mean... It's possible I was looking a little down and the best case scenario is she's dropping an existential water bomb on me.  Sometimes people who think they're spreading the good are only exacerbating current issues... 

Honestly... When I first learned about Jesus as a kid I had to pretend a lot in order to grasp what was being spoken of.  God was easier to understand for me than Jesus.

I don't really like Jesus...  I thought I was the best person in the world when I was a kid so it only caused existential dread in me that I might be Jesus and not know it.  A bit of an identity crisis when I was a kid being told the best person in the world gets himself crucified....  What a horrific story to tell children...  I had nightmares for months.

So something that confuses me is that the first time he's on earth was sort of "easy mode".  My dude could walk on water, cure blindness, bring food etc.  Second coming is supposed to be judgement day...  Who the hell is excited to get torn to pieces by the son of God... I mean... Are you really that certain how he'd judge you...  Makes me nervous as hell... I'm already judgemental and highly self critical to begin with...  It amazes me how highly optimistic people are of the goods of religion.  "Yeah I'm good I repent I'll be right..." not even an inkling of doubt?  >.>  Willfull blindness man.  I stress the hell part first...  Not the heaven part.  As humans we assume worst case scenarios, particularly in dreams, since that helps with survival.  You get told **** like this you aren't thinking "woohoo heaven" man...  At least... I didn't.  Taken 23 years and counting of an and off thought to try and straighten out that moral dilemma.  Dear lord...  Please take care about dropping the Jesus bomb...  Some of us are sensitive af. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

I don't really like Jesus... 

This isn't about Jesus, this is about you!

If we dislike a message, then it's often because we need to learn something.

Jesus represents what you don't understand yet!

By the way, religion has nothing to do with it.

Love is the true message!

Edited by LightAngel
The word changed because it is not allowed
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

This isn't about Jesus, this is about you!

If we dislike a message, then it's often because we need to learn something.

Jesus represents what you don't understand yet!

By the way, religion has nothing to do with it!

Love is the true message!

We can get all metaphorical and hidden meaning on it if we like but the sleep terrors I had as kid burnt the perception of Jesus the literal man in mind fairly powerfully.

The things Jesus would do for humanity out of love are similar sorts of stories I tell myself as a kid.  With the exception that I don't die and come back... 

Believe... Don't believe... I saw sixth sense the movie as a kid and knowing that it was fake didn't stop me being scared af about dead people around every corner.

I understand the underlying message.  A lot of that is already a part of my core personality.  I'm actually just interested in the drama playing out.

Imagine if this was a movie...  The son of God...  Absolutely unbelievable.  Dude seems like way more of a bad ass in my imagination than in the bible 

3 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

I'm actually just interested in the drama playing out.

Hehee ;)

You already gave me your answer here.

49 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

So...  A woman came up to me today and started speaking at me about the return of Jesus.  I wonder what percentage of the population aren't aware of this already that she's reaching out to...  Like... It's still news to be spread.

I find it extremely uncomfortable and off putting as I feel a large degree of religion is personal.

I mean... It's possible I was looking a little down and the best case scenario is she's dropping an existential water bomb on me.  Sometimes people who think they're spreading the good are only exacerbating current issues... 

Honestly... When I first learned about Jesus as a kid I had to pretend a lot in order to grasp what was being spoken of.  God was easier to understand for me than Jesus.

I don't really like Jesus...  I thought I was the best person in the world when I was a kid so it only caused existential dread in me that I might be Jesus and not know it.  A bit of an identity crisis when I was a kid being told the best person in the world gets himself crucified....  What a horrific story to tell children...  I had nightmares for months.

So something that confuses me is that the first time he's on earth was sort of "easy mode".  My dude could walk on water, cure blindness, bring food etc.  Second coming is supposed to be judgement day...  Who the hell is excited to get torn to pieces by the son of God... I mean... Are you really that certain how he'd judge you...  Makes me nervous as hell... I'm already judgemental and highly self critical to begin with...  It amazes me how highly optimistic people are of the goods of religion.  "Yeah I'm good I repent I'll be right..." not even an inkling of doubt?  >.>  Willfull blindness man.  I stress the hell part first...  Not the heaven part.  As humans we assume worst case scenarios, particularly in dreams, since that helps with survival.  You get told **** like this you aren't thinking "woohoo heaven" man...  At least... I didn't.  Taken 23 years and counting of an and off thought to try and straighten out that moral dilemma.  Dear lord...  Please take care about dropping the Jesus bomb...  Some of us are sensitive af. 

It is rude for anyone to decide you are broken in some way and need fixed.

It is rediculously rude for anyone to force thier idea of medication or religion down your throat.

One of my favorite sayings is that, I have no problem with the teachings of Jesus, but I have many problems with some of his folllowers.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Hehee ;)

You already gave me your answer here.

Oh come now!  This stuff has given me the basis of my philosophical inclination haha.  It's also been a real test of my character.  The concept of rightness and wrongness... 

I might not like Jesus...  But that doesn't mean that I don't try and understand him or even that I don't respect him...

Sometimes I paint a couple of alternate universe stories of him for myself to give me some better insight into the situation haha. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

One of my favorite sayings is that, I have no problem with the teachings of Jesus, but I have many problems with some of his folllowers.

True.

Just now, PsiSeeker said:

Oh come now!  This stuff has given me the basis of my philosophical inclination haha.  It's also been a real test of my character.  The concept of rightness and wrongness... 

I might not like Jesus...  But that doesn't mean that I don't try and understand him or even that I don't respect him...

Sometimes I paint a couple of alternate universe stories of him for myself to give me some better insight into the situation haha. 

If it makes you happy, then continue ;)

Just now, LightAngel said:

If it makes you happy, then continue ;)

I'll be honest when I say that I feel like my hand has been forced... And I always tend to give the benefit of the doubt... Sometimes it's good... Sometimes it's not good...  At least it seems to be some sort of process and I'm naturally optimistic despite than cynicism at times haha.

If you want to see modern jesus in story form check out dragon ball z Goku haha. 

1 minute ago, PsiSeeker said:

I'll be honest when I say that I feel like my hand has been forced... And I always tend to give the benefit of the doubt... Sometimes it's good... Sometimes it's not good...  At least it seems to be some sort of process and I'm naturally optimistic despite than cynicism at times haha.

If you want to see modern jesus in story form check out dragon ball z Goku haha. 

Again....

If it makes you happy :D

Ever since the introduction of Jesus my mind has gone to some dark dark places.... 

Ever since the introduction of Jesus my mind has gone to some dark dark places.... 

It's NOT ok to abuse and hurt other people!

Our happiness is only right if it's "pure" - I don't know how to explain this any better when I only have human words to use here!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

If your mind is going to dark places I strongly sugest you get help.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

If your mind is going to dark places I strongly sugest you get help.

Oh really?  Why's that?  I actually think that avoiding the darker aspects of your own psyche is more detrimental than facing them :). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

Oh really?  Why's that?  I actually think that avoiding the darker aspects of your own psyche is more detrimental than facing them :). 

Why do you feel you need to address the darker aspects of your mind? And where do you think they come from? Are questions for a trained psychologist not the untrained members of UM. So I sugest you explore them there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

Jesus really triggers you that much?

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

It is rude for anyone to decide you are broken in some way and need fixed.

It is rediculously rude for anyone to force thier idea of medication or religion down your throat.

A different way of looking at it is that it is not rudeness but compassion.  Imagine if no one cared enough about anyone to ever show any concern for them, or to offer advice, help, or support. 

We can all say, " No thanks. I am ok." when someone asks, but if no one ever asked?

Psi seeker has been honest and open that his response is generated from deep emotional responses going back to childhood and an inner worldview he has constructed.   What worries me is that he says he has no control over these feelings and that simply being approached about jesus has caused him to be depressed. That is not normal or healthy, and i agree with your advice above,  about seeking professional help

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

Why do you feel you need to address the darker aspects of your mind? And where do you think they come from? Are questions for a trained psychologist not the untrained members of UM. So I sugest you explore them there.

I don't feel like there's anything to "address" perse...  Just a natural consequence of exploring a probability space of possible events. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

You cannot do this.  It is not how our minds work. Unresolved issues only compound and grow, but, as above, you should seek professional advice on this.  

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Jesus really triggers you that much?

Just in terms of the difficulties that arise as a thought experiment :P.  Judgement day jesus a scary sob breh

Just in terms of the difficulties that arise as a thought experiment :P.  Judgement day jesus a scary sob breh

The question to ask yourself would be why do you find this scenario personally scary? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You cannot do this.  It is not how our minds work. Unresolved issues only compound and grow, but, as above, you should seek professional advice on this.  

I don't mean problematic mental issues...  I mean dark mental issues... The sort of things that drive normal men to commit murder frequently like on Nazi Germany. 

11 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

Judgement day jesus a scary sob breh

Perhaps the scariest judgement is the honest judgement we must make of ourselves, and the consequences we'll have to deal with if it's put off for too long.

• Like 2

In regards to the dark psyche stuff.  Dr Jordan B Peterson says to know your capacity to be a monster...  And then to not do that.  It's important to one's character to know the ability one has to be malevolent. 

No need to worry, it's only a story!

• Like 5