Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus

8th_wall

16 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

Everything limits a person in some way, with the exception of God.  And if you find God limiting then the limitation is with you, not with God, and should be something you take up with Him.  How you might ask?  In the same damn way you got to where you are now regarding your perception of Him.

That just seems like magical thinking and projection.

28 minutes ago, MysticWolf said:

That's putting it... diplomatically ? I would have said something a bit more... pungent. :D 

7 hours ago, MysticWolf said:

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's putting it... diplomatically ? I would have said something a bit more... pungent. :D 

Any sufficiently "advanced" "technology" looks like magic to apes.

I would dumb it down further so the two of you could understand however I don't know how.

Edited by PsiSeeker

9 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

Any sufficiently "advanced" "technology" looks like magic to apes.

But everything looks like magic to the religious...

26 minutes ago, MysticWolf said:

But everything looks like magic to the religious...

Religion is for everyone at every level of society.  A lot of what I draw from religion seems self evident and obvious upon honest and close appraisal.  Like I said, a lot of religion just tells you what you're about already, because it's not that obvious.

It's not a static entity you just know about and carry on.  It's a mode of being your best self.

Like I said, for everyone at every level.  I have no idea what level you're at, what your temperament is or any of that stuff so my words are unlikely to influence you if I can't taylor them to you specifically.  Because it IS thst individual.

There's nothing magical about my views.  What I see is self evident and logical however it's not static, it evolves over time, different on different days etc. 

Everyone has their own philosophy to one level or another.  Religion is a metaphysical entity that encodes the best parts of humanity and shares it forth.  The static half dead entity from 2000 years ago serves only as a guidance for modern religious relevance.  If you draw from that as a static example then it just shows how unsophisticated your world view truly is.  I guarantee you you have a Christian ethic.  Most of humanity does.  A lot of people who claim to be atheist are Christian through their action.

Like I said, it's not inherently obvious what you're about.  Religion just helps you to figure that out, continuously. 

13 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I used to have this kind of thing happen to me quite a bit ~ people walking up to me and asking if I'd "accepted Jesus as my personal savior".  I always felt incredibly offended by that, as if I had some kind of look about myself that prompted the question.  These were people who had no idea of my background or anything else.  To me, it shows people being very judgemental, assumptive, and superficial.  

I like to ask those people if they would like to meet my personal fist.:D

13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.... is this some sort of obscure test, or are you actually a buffoon ? :D 

The "god of the old testament" is NOT a Christian... by definition of Christianity. 

Do you claim that you are a Christian?

3 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Nice...;)

Thanks!:) They will usually say Jesus don't like violence. Then I will say would you like to meet my sword instead since Jesus came to bring a sword as it states in Matthew.:lol:

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Do you claim that you are a Christian?

I made no such claim :) 

Thanks!:) They will usually say Jesus don't like violence. Then I will say would you like to meet my sword instead since Jesus came to bring a sword as it states in Matthew.:lol:

And of course, as a student of Christian scripture, you are aware that it was a parable of the rigours and difficulties of being a Disciple, and that the word of Christ would likely divide many communities against both the disciples and - ultimately - against each other. A bit like the American Civil war, but without the uniforms and guns :) 

Whilst on the topic of Matthew, might I remind you of 26:52... "Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword." 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like to ask those people if they would like to meet my personal fist.:D

Well, at least you offered them a personal fist. After all, it would be rude to offer them an impersonal fist. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I made no such claim :) 

And of course, as a student of Christian scripture, you are aware that it was a parable of the rigours and difficulties of being a Disciple, and that the word of Christ would likely divide many communities against both the disciples and - ultimately - against each other. A bit like the American Civil war, but without the uniforms and guns :) 

Whilst on the topic of Matthew, might I remind you of 26:52... "Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword." 

I have still yet for somebody to bring that up in person.:D Usually they just walk away in disgust.lol! So good job in knowing your Bible. But you do see the contradictions even in that one book. As you know very well most Christians read it all literally. No wonder they are always confused.:lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have still yet for somebody to bring that up in person.:D Usually they just walk away in disgust.lol! So good job in knowing your Bible. But you do see the contradictions even in that one book. As you know very well most Christians read it all literally. No wonder they are always confused.:lol:

It IS interesting, isn't it Truthseeker007 ? People take the bible literally, even though Jesus spoke in parables and metaphors.They seem to have kinda missed the point ? 

Which is on of the reasons, of course, why Jesus himself did not write a Testament. He wanted people to THINK, not blindly follow a written document. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

It IS interesting, isn't it Truthseeker007 ? People take the bible literally, even though Jesus spoke in parables and metaphors.They seem to have kinda missed the point ? 

Which is on of the reasons, of course, why Jesus himself did not write a Testament. He wanted people to THINK, not blindly follow a written document. 

The way I look at it is the Aristocrats who wrote the New Testament wrote it that way purposely so they only know the secrets. The peasants if they could learn to read would read it literally while those in power knew what the symbols really meant. I don't think Jesus ever wrote anything because the Jesus of the Bible actually didn't exist.

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

On this planet if you don't pick up a sword and rush into battle to kill/die for your god and/or country, you are viewed as unpatriotic, treasonous, a coward, worthless and weak.

This world is in love with the ideology of "might is right" and being a warrior martyr.

Edited by MysticWolf

The way I look at it is the Aristocrats who wrote the New Testament wrote it that way purposely so they only know the secrets. The peasants if they could learn to read would read it literally while those in power knew what the symbols really meant. I don't think Jesus ever wrote anything because the Jesus of the Bible actually didn't exist.

1 hour ago, MysticWolf said:

On this planet if you don't pick up a sword and rush into battle to kill/die for your god and/or country, you are viewed as unpatriotic, treasonous, a coward, worthless and weak.

This world is in love with the ideology of "might is right" and being a warrior martyr.

Gosh,  your both Cheerful Charlies thisafternoon, aren't you ? :P 

• Like 1