Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus

8th_wall

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've already been on that side. It wasn't worth it. If anything god turned me away from god. 

Which side? orthodox type?

Light Angel has it right. I would only add that although Jesus is love and is about love, the day is set for that to turn into vengeance. It’s called “The day of the lord”.

24 minutes ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Occult. I didn't want to worship god. I wanted to meet it. Any god, spirit, angel, or demon. I got nothing. Then tragedy struck in my life forcing me into the abyss. Nearly 6 years I suffered with suicidal depression, yet, no god to hear me. No angels to comfort me, no demons to make deals with, nothing. I learned that we are on our own. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5

And another inconsistency. The son of the carpenter is painted as loving, caring, mostly peaceful. Even allegedly surrendering to the authorities without a fight. But then, suddenly, without preamble, he is going to return as a fierce warrior god??

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Because god only listens to the 'right' prayers, said in the 'right' church, in accordance to the laws of your (general pronoun) flavor of belief.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Occult. I didn't wait to worship god. I wanted to meet it. Any god, spirit, angel, or demon. I got nothing. Then tragedy struck in my life forcing me into the abyss. Nearly 6 years I suffered with suicidal depression, yet, no god to hear me. To angels to comfort me, no demons to make deals with, nothing. I learned that we are on our own. 

It looks to me you got what you were looking for. Don't stop there. The abyss is part of our experience. We have to experience the totality of life. Read about the Carpocratians.

1 minute ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

It looks to me you got what you were looking for. Don't stop there. The abyss is part of our experience. We have to experience the totality of life. Read about the Carpocratians.

I thought you didn't care? Yet, you're still trying to sell me spirituality. Interesting.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Boobaby said:

Light Angel has it right. I would only add that although Jesus is love and is about love, the day is set for that to turn into vengeance. It’s called “The day of the lord”.

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I thought you didn't care? Yet, you're still trying to sell me spirituality. Interesting.

I'm answering your questions. I'm not rude. As long as you're talking to me I consider it part of your questions.

1 minute ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

I'm answering your questions. I'm not rude. As long as you're talking to me I consider it part of your questions.

I haven't asked you questions. You know what. Here's a few questions. Why me? Out of all the people in this thread, why did you choose to isolate me? 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Because god only listens to the 'right' prayers, said in the 'right' church, in accordance to the laws of your (general pronoun) flavor of belief.

Would you call it a prayer after you through gnosis being born again?

It might just be a matter of perception, but why in the hell does the god squad come after me? To try to convert me into their overly optimistic school of lies? I don't get it. If it isn't them it the spiritual ones. 

Edited by XenoFish
Stupid auto correct.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I haven't asked you questions. You know what. Here's a few questions. Why me? Out of all the people in this thread, why did you choose to isolate me? 

I like your avatar. Did you my previous post to JMPD1?

No. I'm asking a general question. The holy rollers like to try and convert me way to often. Like they're on some freaking mission. 

• Like 5

intoyoulikeatrain Are you saying that you know god? That there is in fact, proof that the biblical god of the Hebrews exists?

My gut reaction to such a claim is "prove it", but I am sure that like any religious believer, you will only provide anecdotes and tell me that I have to experience it myself.

Why is it that the message Christians sell is that "God wants everyone to know him", but only a select few actually get a personalized engraved invitation? And for the believers responding to this question, try to do use without using the phrases "god has a plan", "god's ways are mysterious", or invoking "free will". Because if god can give YOU illumination, then why not others?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No. I'm asking a general question. The holy rollers like to try and convert me way to often. Like they're on some freaking mission. 

LOL. What do they call it in video games? Oh yeah, you're an "achievement"!  :lol:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

LOL. What do they call it in video games? Oh yeah, you're an "achievement"!  :lol:

Maybe they're trying to level up in the holy hierarchy.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Because if god can give YOU illumination, then why not others?

Doesn't mean they're alone.

Would you like to expand on that cryptic response?

• Like 1

Speaking from my perspective and as a Chinese ... you give thanks for good things and good things will keep a coming ... doesn't mean it will though, but its just good practice to give thanks for good things ... and who better to thank than 'gods' or deities' ? Sure as 'ell better than thanking the 'Ranking' Officials ...

~

• Like 5

13 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

if god can give YOU illumination, then why not others?

God gives everyone illumination.

Some don't realize it though I think, while others do, but don't like what it forces them to see probably. 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

Oh damn you Will ...

~

[00.03:34]

~

Now this ear worm is gonna dig right into my head ... right up till dawn ...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

God gives everyone illumination.

Some don't realize it though I think, while others do, but don't like what it forces them to see probably. 

Sorry, I was not clear in my earlier post. What I should have asked was: If a Damascus Road encounter was good enough for Saul, then why can't god do the same for those who don't believe?

And I find your second sentence both amusing and annoying. It is so common for theists to claim that "atheists know there is a god, they just want to sin". Your statement is similar in meaning. Not to mention the fact that if a human truly was visited by a god, that god's presentation would be weak as hell if a mere mortal could shrug it off or ignore it. :/

Edited by JMPD1
  • Like 1

Interesting turn of events ... I suggest we ruminate 'illuminate' and forget about Theistic and Atheistic for the moment ...

~

• Like 1