Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two shadows of me

UM-Bot

By: Jack | Location: Bellflower, LA

At the time this incident occurred I was going through a lot medically and also with my personal life. 

A few months prior I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and emotional trauma from passed suppressed memories so you can say I was going through a lot. I was taking preion medication, which was for my anxiety, and it always made me feel a little fuzzy but I was still aware of everything around me. 

So, I take my meds and got ready to head to my girlfriends house. I'm ready and tell everyone I'm leaving. Nothing strange about it. I start walking and my girlfriends house is literally only 15 minutes away on foot. I finally get to where we decided to meet and she looks at me confused and asks why I didnt say anything earlier and vanished.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112040/two-shadows-of-me

• Like 1

Wow, great story. Certainly a doppelganger explanation comes first to mind. As strange as it sounds, I have heard a number of cases similar to yours. 

From Webster's Dictionary: Doppelganger: a ghostly counterpart of a living person   

On the internet you can read other people's stories and learn about this in greater detail. It is a known phenomena in the annals of the paranormal.

Gotta love this universe.:blink:

• Like 2

I hope you are in a much happier place now in your journey and have healed some from those days. It sounds terrible. 

Great story, thanks for sharing. As Papa says above, this is a doppelganger. Not sure why or how they happen but they are often reported. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was it day or night, gray can look black in the dark. The timeline is the important part. Your meds can cause Seizure.

You may have gone both places in between your walk to your girlfriends and not remember.

• 2 weeks later...