Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Meh.. Kim is playing games. He want's to appear strong, but in attempting this he is walking a dangerous path. 

If he walks back on his offer to meet with President Trump, then not only will he be depicted internationally as "the problem", but he will anger an impetuous commander-in-chief of the worlds biggest navy and airforce. I would anticipate airstrikes against NK, with little or no protests from anyone, including China and Russia. 

I agree with your first points but you can't  be serious about the last.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yup - entirely so :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

China doesn’t want an American Army or an American Ally on its doorstep and it doesn’t want to be flooded with Korean refugees. If the Yanks could promise that China would turn away and admire the pretty flowers while America gave Kimmy a good kicking. As for Russia, they’ve got far more interesting ways to p*** off America than supporting a loony regime that can’t feed its own army, let alone its own people.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

That makes you happy?   Yikes!

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; 
    trenchancy,mordancy, acerbity; 
    rarecausticity,mordacity
    "his voice was heavy with sarcasm"

21 minutes ago, Setton said:
sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; 
    trenchancy,mordancy, acerbity; 
    rarecausticity,mordacity
    "his voice was heavy with sarcasm"

That is a strange way of show sarcasm.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

That is a strange way of show sarcasm.

Only to those whose heads it goes over. 

Or have you never come across slow clapping before. I imagine you especially must have. 

Maybe you just thought people actually liked what you were saying... 

2 hours ago, Setton said:

*clap*.... *clap*.... *clap*

To be fair to the tubby little dipstick, the wargames ARE provocation and practices for an invasion, and should have been postponed in light of recent events.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Meh.. Kim is playing games. He want's to appear strong, but in attempting this he is walking a dangerous path. 

If he walks back on his offer to meet with President Trump, then not only will he be depicted internationally as "the problem", but he will anger an impetuous commander-in-chief of the worlds biggest navy and airforce. I would anticipate airstrikes against NK, with little or no protests from anyone, including China and Russia. 

You think Kim has an issue with being depicted as "the problem?"  Pretty sure that's been the case for years.  Now, you would anticipate airstrikes as a result of what?  Not meeting with Trump?  So, one guy decides not to meet the other, the other decides to bomb him...which of those guys is more of "the problem?"

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

To be fair to the tubby little dipstick, the wargames ARE provocation and practices for an invasion, and should have been postponed in light of recent events.

Not really.  These are annual drills.  The same types of drills that American Soldiers would conduct in garrison, they conduct in South Korea.  You can't just have Soldiers stationed over there for years at a time and not conduct live fire exercises...that would lead to thousands of non-battle ready Soldiers.  We were the first unit to deploy from the Korean Peninsula to the Middle East.  Without these drills, we would not have been ready at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Not really.  These are annual drills.  The same types of drills that American Soldiers would conduct in garrison, they conduct in South Korea.  You can't just have Soldiers stationed over there for years at a time and not conduct live fire exercises...that would lead to thousands of non-battle ready Soldiers.  We were the first unit to deploy from the Korean Peninsula to the Middle East.  Without these drills, we would not have been ready at all.

There is the right time and the wrong time for a drill though. 

For example, we have fire drills at my school once a term. We planned to have one the day after the recent school shooting in the US happened, we cancelled the drill because we didn’t want to upset the kids by evoking something that was  already upsetting them.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Exactly. The slow clapping is directed at Trump, South Korea and those who were hailing this is a the dawn of a new era of peace etc. 

The rest of us knew North Korea has said it's open to talks and always backed out. 

The orange messiah is just a very naughty boy after all. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Yeah but there's a difference between keeping ready and holding provocative exercises right between agreeing talks with a volatile nation and actually having those talks. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There is the right time and the wrong time for a drill though. 

For example, we have fire drills at my school once a term. We planned to have one the day after the recent school shooting in the US happened, we cancelled the drill because we didn’t want to upset the kids by evoking something that was  already upsetting them.

I just don't agree with changing our year in advanced planned military drills in the hopes that Kim is being sincere.  But then again, Kim is an honorable man who treated the American prisoners with excellence.  Maybe we should have trusted him.

On 20/04/2018 at 9:32 AM, F3SS said:

Even if NK does denuclearize Kim Jong shouldn’t be heralded as anything good. He operates his country like a prison, enslaves, tortures, starves and murders his people.

^ Absolutely. Whatever comes of these talks, everybody should always keep this in mind.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

But then again, Kim is an honorable man who treated the American prisoners with excellence.  Maybe we should have trusted him.

Now my sarcasm detector has gone on the fritz too... :unsure2:

Honorable?

The recently released prisoners fared okay, as it was in Kim's interest. Otto Warmbier didn't fare quite so well...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Indeed! Hard to trust some one who is wanting to talk peace while at the same time practicing for war with you right off your coasts. It's not like the U.S. and South Korea haven't figured out how to invade North Korea by now..

Edited by Ogbin

Kim Jong Un *might* cancel the peace talks. The Democratic propaganda news pundits can put their mourning clothes back in their closets for the time being.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

Now my sarcasm detector has gone on the fritz too... :unsure2:

Honorable?

The recently released prisoners fared okay, as it was in Kim's interest. Otto Warmbier didn't fare quite so well...

Not my words...just quoting our fearless leader.  

“We want to thank Kim Jong Un, who really was excellent to these three incredible people”

He really has been very open and, I think, very honorable from everything we're seeing

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

To be fair to the tubby little dipstick...

Ya certainly got that right...

Edited by Astra.

4 hours ago, Setton said:

Only to those whose heads it goes over. 

Or have you never come across slow clapping before. I imagine you especially must have. 

Maybe you just thought people actually liked what you were saying... 

Nah, I know what you are and I know exactly what you meant.  Actually a lot of people like what I am saying, see my icon.   Wow, to say something so ignorant without understanding how the "Thanks" count works is truly ignorant!   Good job proving my point.  :tu:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Kim Jong Un *might* cancel the peace talks. The Democratic propaganda news pundits can put their mourning clothes back in their closets for the time being.

Who knows, but it's quite possible that he may cancel, as having a change of heart concerning these peace talks.

It seems that KJU may have become a little 's-e-n-t-i-m-e-n-t-a-l'  after the NK's and SK's teams united as one due to the winter Olympic games.

Idk, I just find it a bit hard to swallow that such a warmongering regime like this one could change it's spots (so to speak) practically over night. Time will tell I guess. 

42 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Nah, I know what you are and I know exactly what you meant.  Actually a lot of people like what I am saying, see my icon.   Wow, to say something so ignorant without understanding how the "Thanks" count works is truly ignorant!   Good job proving my point.  :tu:

C'mon Merc.  You are going to go with thanks count?  We know what affiliation the majority of posters on the political forums are.  If we say anything anti-Hillary, anti-Obama, anti-Liberal, we get a dozen thanks per post.  The partisinship is real in the thanks count.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Indeed! Hard to trust some one who is wanting to talk peace while at the same time practicing for war with you right off your coasts. It's not like the U.S. and South Korea haven't figured out how to invade North Korea by now..

Daniel 11:27 - The Kings of the North and the South
"Seeking nothing but each other's harm, these kings will plot against each other at the conference table, attempting to deceive each other. But it will make no difference, for the end will come at the appointed time."

If Death had any other name, it wouldn't be so obvious. 

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

By that count, I'm slightly smarter than you. :P

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

^ Absolutely. Whatever comes of these talks, everybody should always keep this in mind.  

You're 17.

Live in North Korea.

Looking forward to your birthday in a month because that means you get a whole bowl of rice that day instead of sharing one bowl with the family. 

The girl you liked in school stopped showing up. Her older brother tried to escape, so they probably shot her too. 

Depressing.

Sometimes you just wish that the American Dogs would come and invade your magnificent  country to steal it's valuable resources. Even though the Americans are cannibals and engage in devil worship, maybe that's a better fate than the struggle under the Great Leader. He's doing all that he can, and even though he has super powers, the Americans make it impossible for the Great Leader to give us the life that I know he wants to. The American Dogs and our brainwashed cousins have us surrounded.

Sadly, not all Americans are as wonderful and normal as the one they call Dennis Rodman.

Then one day the Great Dennis Rodman brings his orange friend, a man they call Trump to North Korea. This Trump seems like a great man. And he is clearly good friends with the Great Leader.

Wait, what? This Trump is the Great Leader of America? Impossible? He no longer wants to steal our rice and rocks? We are going to open the gates and let in our brainwashed cousins from the South? 

This is great news! You can't wait to explain to them how great your life is compared to theirs.

But, wait, what just happened. Your internet has many more channels. You stop and watch this music video from South Korea.

And like Dorothy after the tornado, your world goes from black and white to color. 

-Leigh Scott

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2