Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

Many news outlets are now reporting that North Korea says it is not interested in a summit meeting with the United States, if it is expected to give up its nuclear weapons. This seems to run counter to the claims that North Korea was ready to commit to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2018-05-16/north-korea-ready-to-walk-away-from-trump-summit-if-forced-to-give-up-nukes/1756730

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, acidhead said:

-Leigh Scott

Acidhead, really... your cheerleader uniform for this character is getting a bit tight.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

You're 17.

Live in North Korea.

Looking forward to your birthday in a month because that means you get a whole bowl of rice that day instead of sharing one bowl with the family. 

The girl you liked in school stopped showing up. Her older brother tried to escape, so they probably shot her too. 

Depressing.

Sometimes you just wish that the American Dogs would come and invade your magnificent  country to steal it's valuable resources. Even though the Americans are cannibals and engage in devil worship, maybe that's a better fate than the struggle under the Great Leader. He's doing all that he can, and even though he has super powers, the Americans make it impossible for the Great Leader to give us the life that I know he wants to. The American Dogs and our brainwashed cousins have us surrounded.

Sadly, not all Americans are as wonderful and normal as the one they call Dennis Rodman.

Then one day the Great Dennis Rodman brings his orange friend, a man they call Trump to North Korea. This Trump seems like a great man. And he is clearly good friends with the Great Leader.

Wait, what? This Trump is the Great Leader of America? Impossible? He no longer wants to steal our rice and rocks? We are going to open the gates and let in our brainwashed cousins from the South? 

This is great news! You can't wait to explain to them how great your life is compared to theirs.

But, wait, what just happened. Your internet has many more channels. You stop and watch this music video from South Korea.

And like Dorothy after the tornado, your world goes from black and white to color. 

-Leigh Scott

Dearest acidhead,

I have to say that I do find your posting style to be somewhat...well...umm!... interesting at times. Sure, a bit bewildering, but nevertheless still interesting :yes:..

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Acidhead, really... your cheerleader uniform for this character is getting a bit tight.

Yeah, Leigh Scott, you'll find him on FB. .... and you, Likely Guy, pursue a boring and predictive life.  Insult after insult. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, bison said:

Many news outlets are now reporting that North Korea says it is not interested in a summit meeting with the United States, if it is expected to give up its nuclear weapons. This seems to run counter to the claims that North Korea was ready to commit to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2018-05-16/north-korea-ready-to-walk-away-from-trump-summit-if-forced-to-give-up-nukes/1756730

Yes, well I think it can sometimes be difficult to teach an old dog regime new tricks. It's a wait-and-see.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yeah, Leigh Scott, you'll find him on FB. .... and you, Likely Guy, pursue a boring and predictive life.  Insult after insult. 

Now, now...where has your sense of humour gone...I'm sure he was only kidding :tu:..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Now, now...where has your sense of humour gone...I'm sure he was only kidding :tu:..

either way, whether LG was kidding or not...it's not my fault that I pictured this after his comment. 

71_HBRQUEs_AL_SX385.jpg

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, bison said:

the basic problem that the General Public has is that News Outlets... the MInd Control Media..... owned and controlled by
Warmongers, Globalists, corporate neo communists and technocrats ..... working towards a dehumanized ''''Brave New World''''..............
(try saying that before breakfast!!)  

the basic problem is that they can't be trusted --- 

there may be some hiccups ---- hiccups probably engineered by The Ones who don't want to see the Korean Peninsular  united
and at peace - and who most definitely won't want Trump to be seen in a good light.... they will take anything they can and spin it
to high heaven -----

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Kim Jong Un *might* cancel the peace talks. The Democratic propaganda news pundits can put their mourning clothes back in their closets for the time being.

Indeed....

they must have been rushing around from meeting to meeting like headless chickens at the thought of Trump being a part of
uniting and denuclearizing the Korean Peninsular.. 

god forbid that that happen and people start expecting him to get a Nobel Peace Prize.... or even credit......or even a smidgen of praise...

THAT will never do - THAT cannot be allowed to happen

and as usual to hell with the ordinary citizens and the effects on them and their lives...

I think it's safe to say that the ''''propaganda news pundits''''' democratic or otherwise...will be doing all they can to  manage perception
so Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un is wrecked before it starts....

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bee said:

the basic problem that the General Public has is that News Outlets... the MInd Control Media..... owned and controlled by
Warmongers, Globalists, corporate neo communists and technocrats ..... working towards a dehumanized ''''Brave New World''''..............
(try saying that before breakfast!!)  

the basic problem is that they can't be trusted --- 

there may be some hiccups ---- hiccups probably engineered by The Ones who don't want to see the Korean Peninsular  united
and at peace - and who most definitely won't want Trump to be seen in a good light.... they will take anything they can and spin it
to high heaven -----

Speaking of News Outlets bee, and speaking for myself. I'm fully aware of some of the crap that the media like to spin to the masses. I also think that in the case of these peace talks, Mr Trump does have good intentions of getting along better with NK.

The thing is, I personally feel somewhat dubious about 'little rocket man' and in general the overall NK regime.

They are a weird and a fanatical nation, not to mention a cruel one to boot. Time will tell if such peace talks will happen. Until then, I'll continue to remain cautious and sceptical of Kim Jong-un by not seeing him through rose-coloured-glasses all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

link -

quotes bolded

The US State Department said it did not have any information about the threats to cancel, and planning for the summit was continuing.

"Kim Jong-un had said previously that he understands the need and the utility of the United States and the Republic of Korea continuing in its joint exercises," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told a briefing shortly after the North Korean announcement.

"We will continue to go ahead and plan the meeting between President Trump and Kim Jong-un."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

South Korea's National Security Office head Chung Eui-yong said in early March, after meeting Mr Kim, that the North Korean leader understood that "routine" joint military exercises between South Korea and the US would continue in spite of a warming of ties.

This was widely considered to be a major North Korea concession, though Pyongyang never publicly withdrew its long-standing demand for an end to joint US-South Korea military drills.

so the joint exercises were expected to continue.... 

just like Trump has covert enemies working close to him but against him - it is probably the same for Kim Jong Un -
and there could be peace wreckers and officials vying for power in North Korea plotting and meddling in the background -

and the nitty gritty from the same link...

Any cancellation of the summit, the first meeting between US and North Korean leaders, would deal a major blow to Mr Trump's efforts to score the biggest diplomatic achievement of his presidency.

now who on earth might want to deal a 'major blow' to Trump..... ?.......mmmmmm..... :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Speaking of News Outlets bee, and speaking for myself. I'm fully aware of some of the crap that the media like to spin to the masses. I also think that in the case of these peace talks, Mr Trump does have good intentions of getting along better with NK.

The thing is, I personally feel somewhat dubious about 'little rocket man' and in general the overall NK regime.

They are a weird and a fanatical nation, not to mention a cruel one to boot. Time will tell if such peace talks will happen. Until then, I'll continue to remain cautious and sceptical of Kim Jong-un by not seeing him through rose-coloured-glasses all of a sudden. 

I agree with the bolded above...

I don't think that most people are seeing Kim Jong Un through rose coloured glasses but anyone who claims to care about the
ordinary people in North Korea caught up in one of the biggest dramas of modern politics... must surely be prepared to
give him some slack as a tricky situation is in progress.... ?

Everything we know about Kim Jong Un and North Korea comes to us second hand and through the filter of the media that
basically can't be trusted.... so we have to be wary of the over all narrative being fed to us...

IMO :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bison said:

Shocking... 

2 minutes ago, bee said:

I agree with the bolded above...

I don't think that most people are seeing Kim Jong Un through rose coloured glasses but anyone who claims to care about the
ordinary people in North Korea caught up in one of the biggest dramas of modern politics... must surely be prepared to
give him some slack as a tricky situation is in progress.... ?

Everything we know about Kim Jong Un and North Korea comes to us second hand and through the filter of the media that
basically can't be trusted.... so we have to be wary of the over all narrative being fed to us...

IMO :) 

For the sake of the ordinary folk of NK there would not be anything better than to see them unshackled of such a repressive government.

Believe me, I'm sure that many, many people in the world would like to see a better change ahead for these people. As far as giving Kim Jong-un any slack and / or trust at this time though isn't really on my radar. It would certainly have to take a real effort and a genuine change within the regime itself to turn things completely around for the better interests of the NK people. 

Lets first see if these talks go ahead.

3 minutes ago, Astra. said:

For the sake of the ordinary folk of NK there would not be anything better than to see them unshackled of such a repressive government.

Believe me, I'm sure that many, many people in the world would like to see a better change ahead for these people. As far as giving Kim Jong-un any slack and / or trust at this time though isn't really on my radar. It would certainly have to take a real effort and a genuine change within the regime itself to turn things completely around for the better interests of the NK people. 

Lets first see if these talks go ahead.

fair enough...

and I for one hope that the talks do go ahead -

• Like 2

Just to flesh out the earlier link a little:

North Korea threatens to cancel Trump summit

"North Korea has said it may pull out of a summit with US President Donald Trump if the US insists it gives up its nuclear weapons.

The highly anticipated meeting between Mr Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong-un is due to take place on 12 June.

But in an angry statement, North Korea's vice-foreign minister accused the US of making reckless statements and of harbouring sinister intentions.

He pointed the finger squarely at US National Security Adviser John Bolton.

"We do not hide our feeling of repugnance towards him," Kim Kye-gwan said."

Sinister intentions? Repugnance?

Didn't take long for North Korea's leadership to get back to true form :rolleyes:

Can anyone honestly see this summit being produtive, even if goes ahead? Seems to me it'll be like trying to make nice on a date with a paranoid schizophrenic...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

"North Korea has said it may pull out of a summit with US President Donald Trump if the US insists it gives up its nuclear weapons.

The highly anticipated meeting between Mr Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong-un is due to take place on 12 June.

But in an angry statement, North Korea's vice-foreign minister accused the US of making reckless statements and of harbouring sinister intentions.

Didn't take long for North Korea's leadership to get back to true form :rolleyes:

Can anyone honestly see this summit being produtive, even if goes ahead? Seems to me it'll be like trying to make nice on a date with a paranoid schizophrenic...

I would not call Trump a paranoid schico.

3 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Well Bolton is well known for being a neocon- even in North Korea.

A couple things:

1) The news have been nothing but how Trump was getting N. Korea getting to get rid of their nukes without any mention on what it was giving N. Korea.

2) Trump was getting all the attention and credit for the deal, while Kim wasn't getting any.  Attention is a big deal with N. Korea.

3) We just recently appointed Bolton and recently just left the Iran deal. 

4) Why would N. Korea give up it's nukes for anyways?  Because Trump is tough and his sanctions are magically more effective than all the previous presidents?

5) The nuclear test site was damaged and rendered unusable after the last test.  Getting political points for making a big dog and pony show for closing it and buying some time doesn't hurt N. Korea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

If this all holds water. It sounds to me like NK is using the National Security Adviser John Bolton as an excuse to wriggle out of these planned talks. It makes me wonder, that if it wasn't Bolton... it would be something or someone else they'd use for an excuse to back out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

If this all holds water. It sounds to me like NK is using the National Security Adviser John Bolton as an excuse to wriggle out of these planned talks. It makes me wonder, that if it wasn't Bolton... it would be something or someone else they'd use for an excuse to back out.  

To be fair, I don't think they're using it as an excuse. There's just no way in a million Sundays that North Korea will ever give up their nukes. It's literally the only reason anyone is even taking them seriously. Without them, they'd revert right back to how they were before, in the eyes of the international community. 

Kim will just look at the likes of Libya, Ukraine and now Iran and probably laugh at the stupidity of Bolton. 

They were never going to get rid of their nukes. Anyone who believes or claims otherwise is an idiot.

• Like 1

Mr. Trump and his people seemed willing to believe that North Korea was prepared to get rid of its nuclear weapons. They said it for all the world to hear . . .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bison said:

Mr. Trump and his people seemed willing to believe that North Korea was prepared to get rid of its nuclear weapons. They said it for all the world to hear . . .

Everything is going according to plan. Pay no attention to the sensationalist papers praying that the talks fall through.

Posted yesterday:

76e6c0e964a012622524ef67a1b6f56eb485fc68

Kim threatened to cancel the talks after US and South Korean military conducted air drills near his turf. He saw that as a sign of aggression and now he's putting on a strong man show. Kim doesn't want to be seen as weak - probably his biggest fear in life. This is just posturing. If Trump can draw Kim from threats of war to shaking hands and walking with South Korea's President, I'm sure he can close the deal. The hard part is already over.

• Thanks 1

Kimmy’s Just jockeying for the position of power. It’s the same old game of “whose flag is bigger” “whose flagpole is taller” “who sticks their hand out first to shake” etc etc etc.

• Like 2