Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

8 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I'm sure that Merc just lacks the intelligence to appreciate such profound witticisms from British Mensa members. My guess is that he's really a double-digit IQ American (of course) high school girl who knows more about the Kardashians than Kim Jong Un. :rolleyes:

Or a very good actor. 

48 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Uh, what? You drunk again, Merc? That wasn't me you quoted. Seriously, either you are more often than not drunk, or you have a brain tumor or something. You regularly make glaring mistakes like this.

Seek help.

Pretty sure he either:

Thought it was you. 

Thought it was me

Or

Didn't get PPs sarcasm. 

Not great for someone who started this by pretending not to recognise sarcasm :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

It's difficult to even imagine the level of hateful cynicism it must take for anyone to hope AGAINST a plan that might end up saving millions of lives.  It just boggles the rational mind...

Pretty sure we just saw the POTUS and his faithful do this very thing with the Iran deal. :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

It's difficult to even imagine the level of hateful cynicism it must take for anyone to hope AGAINST a plan that might end up saving millions of lives.  It just boggles the rational mind...

How can you so utterly lack self awareness?

Obama was slaughtered by conservatives for suggesting he'd meet with the NKs, yet not only do you guys completely reverse your opinion on the matter as soon as Trump does the same, you act as though it is the most original idea in history. 

US political divides are undoubtedly fascinating, but they're so, so, sooo ****ing stupid. It's like your collective memory resets every 4-8 years. 

Here, have a random quote bubble I can't seem to delete:

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, Astra. said:

@bee btw, I like your new avy :tu:..

Grlz!!

I suspect that the meeting is not going to be canceled, and that Trump isn't going to demand all nukes be destroyed.

Heck, if Kim just gives up a single nuke, as a symbol, it will give Trump a lot of political credit.

@acidhead I think we were just discussing the bolded in another thread. 

North Korea’s Full Statement on Meeting With Trump

Kim Kye Gwan, the first vice-minister of Foreign Affairs of the DPRK, made public the following press statement on Wednesday:

Kim Jong Un, the chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, made a strategic decision to put an end to the unpleasant steps for peace and stability in the Korean peninsula and the world.

In response to the noble intention of Chairman Kim Jong Un, President Trump stated his position for terminating the historically deep-rooted hostility and improving the relations between DPRK and the U.S.

I appreciated the position positively with an expectation that upcoming DPRK-U.S. summit would be a big step forward for catalyzing detente on the Korean peninsula and building a great future.

But now prior to the DPRK-U.S. summit, unbridled remarks provoking the other side of dialogue are recklessly made in the U.S. and I am totally disappointed as these constitute extremely unjust behavior.

High-ranking officials of the White House and the Department of State including Bolton, White House national security adviser, are letting loose the assertions of so-called Libya mode of nuclear abandonment, “complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization,” “total decommissioning of nuclear weapons, missiles and biochemical weapons” etc. while talking about formula of “abandoning nuclear weapons first, compensating afterwards.”

This is not an expression of intention to address the issue through dialogue. It is essentially a manifestation of awfully sinister move to impose on our dignified state the destiny of Libya or Iraq which had been collapsed due to yielding the whole of their countries to big powers.

11 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

NK know that the only way they will become and stay a political player is by having nukes.

I'd say the opposite is true.

With the status quo, at best they'll remain a political pariah, a nation slowly starving to death. At worst they'll become a cloud of dust.

North Korea is supposedly sitting on trillions of dollars in mineral resources. Play nice with the world and they could well become one of the fastest developing nations on the planet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I suspect that the meeting is not going to be canceled, and that Trump isn't going to demand all nukes be destroyed.

Heck, if Kim just gives up a single nuke, as a symbol, it will give Trump a lot of political credit.

I think the US might push for them to get rid of missile tech that could see a nuke delivered to the US. Doesn't change anything except perception at home.

22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think the US might push for them to get rid of missile tech that could see a nuke delivered to the US. Doesn't change anything except perception at home.

True, but by such things are the heros of history written into the pages... All politics is a popularity contest.

9 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Here we go, a Trump fan quoting CNN, the Fake News channel as evidence. How ironic!

"Damn - he got me. Better say something funny!"

I posted CNN because it's less likely to be seen as "fake news" by more Liberal minded people. Clearly a bad judgement call on my part. I also chose CNN because they are in the business of hurting Trump, not helping him. Therefore it stands to reason they would be telling the truth here. Why are you so against world peace? 

3 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I'd say the opposite is true.

With the status quo, at best they'll remain a political pariah, a nation slowly starving to death. At worst they'll become a cloud of dust.

North Korea is supposedly sitting on trillions of dollars in mineral resources. Play nice with the world and they could well become one of the fastest developing nations on the planet.

I think that Kim Jong Un isn't as suicidal as his predecessors. He seems a little more modernized and surely sees that his back is against the wall. He can "play nice", as you said, and NK can really enter the global marketplace and usher in a new age of prosperity for them, or he can keep playing dictator and everything he has left will be pulverized by first world military might. Seems like a pretty obvious choice for anyone with a shred of coherence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

How would you even know what I've claimed? You just quoted Paranormal Panther thinking it was me. That's space cadet material. And you do stuff like that all the time, while calling other people the equivalent of stupid.

Alhough, PP and I do both have pinkish avatars - and everyone knows that all pink people look alike :blink:

Yes, ,I was talking to PP, not you and teaming him up with you.  Try and keep up.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seems diplomatically tone-deaf for John Bolton to have just compared the denuclearization of Libya to the proposed solution to the current North Korean crisis. 

In 2003, then 'strongman' leader of Libya, Moamar Gaddafi, renounced his nuclear and chemical weapons programs, in exchange for the removal of sanctions against his country, and normalization of relations with western countries, including the United States. Within eight years Libya was torn apart by civil war. U.S. and other western forces were bombing Libya, and generally aiding the anti-government rebels. Mr. Gaddafi was killed by rebel forces. His government collapsed completely the next year.

Given the extreme fear with which North Korea views the intentions of other nations toward it, a very strong negative reaction to this comparison of Libya and North Korea should have been anticipated. Mr. Bolton's recent ascendency in the Trump administration, and his long history of belligerence toward foreign adversaries only made matters worse    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bison said:

It seems diplomatically tone-deaf for John Bolton to have just compared the denuclearization of Libya to the proposed solution to the current North Korean crisis. 

In 2003, then 'strongman' leader of Libya, Moamar Gaddafi, renounced his nuclear and chemical weapons programs, in exchange for the removal of sanctions against his country, and normalization of relations with western countries, including the United States. Within eight years Libya was torn apart by civil war. U.S. and other western forces were bombing Libya, and generally aiding the anti-government rebels. Mr. Gaddafi was killed by rebel forces. His government collapsed completely the next year.

Given the extreme fear with which North Korea views the intentions of other nations toward it, a very strong negative reaction to this comparison of Libya and North Korea should have been anticipated. Mr. Bolton's recent ascendency in the Trump administration, and his long history of belligerence toward foreign adversaries only made matters worse    

i agree --- it's like he's saying to Kim Jong Un - 

If you don't disarm we're going to depose and kill you and...............well................if you DO disarm we're going to make sure
you get deposed and killed anyway........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I think that Kim Jong Un isn't as suicidal as his predecessors. He seems a little more modernized and surely sees that his back is against the wall. He can "play nice", as you said, and NK can really enter the global marketplace and usher in a new age of prosperity for them, or he can keep playing dictator and everything he has left will be pulverized by first world military might. Seems like a pretty obvious choice for anyone with a shred of coherence.

well he is said to have been educated in Switzerland --- perhaps in his heart he might want to take the country in a more Western direction - ?

wiki link

According to reports first published in Japanese newspapers, he went to school in Switzerland near Bern. First reports claimed he attended the private English-language International School in Gümligen under the name "Chol-pak" or "Pak-chol" from 1993 to 1998.[21] He was described as shy, a good student who got along well with his classmates and was a basketball fan.[22] He was chaperoned by an older student, who was thought to be his bodyguard
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Pretty sure we just saw the POTUS and his faithful do this very thing with the Iran deal. :whistle:

The Iran deal was nonsense to begin with. Obama was so worried about his legacy he cut them a quick "deal" to appease the cameras. Iran has broken deals several times in the past with ballistic missile tests, several of the sites mentioned in Obama's deal were not even sites of importance and some have never, ever been visited by inspectors. Not to mention some inspections can have up to 24 days notice - plenty of time to shuffle equipment around. US Military advisers are laughing at the idea that we could ever trust Iran with nuclear materials, given the numerous times they have been deceptive. I mean, if they can't even be truthful about ballistic missiles, what makes anyone think they can be trusted with nuclear power?

Iran rejects U.S. demand for U.N. visit to military sites

Iran has placed its military bases off limits also because of what it calls the risk that IAEA findings could find their way to the intelligence services of its U.S. or Israeli foes.

“The Americans will take their dream of visiting our military and sensitive sites to their graves ... It will never happen,” Ali Akbar Velayati, a top adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s highest authority, told reporters.

Iran is violating the deal (2017)

It is well established that Tehran has consistently denied IAEA inspectors access to military sites and other research locations. This is in direct contravention to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and bipartisan legislation set out by Congress, which compels the president to verify that “Iran is transparently, verifiably, and fully implementing the agreement.” Yet, according to the Institute for Science and International Security, as of the last quarterly report released in August, the IAEA had not visited any military site in Iran since implementation day.

It's easy to say "Iran is following the deal" when the deal is full of holes and leaves a lot of wiggle room. "Obama's Legacy" indeed.

21 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Yes, EMM  and you are a real brain trust.  :rolleyes: EMM hasn't gotten anything correct since he joined this thread and you are just a person who doesn't like to be challenged in their beliefs.  If he has then please point it out?  Thanks, though, for letting me know where you stand, polite conversation can now end :tu:

How could you not know that was obvious sarcasm? Setton portrayed you as dumb. My reaction, to his claim, was complimentary to you, but you took it the wrong way, so I guess sarcasm disclaimers should be obligatory. As for not liking to be challenged or not, let's not cast any stones. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Precisely, that's why Nobel Peace Prize's shouldn't be handed out like 'participation awards'.

I agree. They also shouldn't be given to people who tend to thwart peace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

How could you not know that was obvious sarcasm? Setton portrayed you as dumb. My reaction, to his claim, was complimentary to you, but you took it the wrong way, so I guess sarcasm disclaimers should be obligatory. As for not liking to be challenged or not, let's not cast any stones. 

I misunderstood your post and for that I am sorry, I took it at face value.    It confused me  at the time as well, my bad, and  once again I apologize.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bee said:

I've just figured that one out.....  a couple of minutes ago :D

they had to give him the Nobel Peace Prize BEFORE his administration got stuck in to some serious warmongering, death and destruction -

I think  it must have been part of setting up his legacy for history as he seems to be the Globalist's Golden Boy...

and there was also that weird white / blue spiral thing in the sky of Norway just a day (hours?) before he accepted the Prize...

(perhaps that was also part of the Barack Obama Myth Making Department  :blink: )  

video link - spiral

They just wanted to signal their virtue by giving an Affirmative Action award to a Black guy. That's all that was.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Setton said:

Or a very good actor. 

My post was sarcastic, not serious. I don't doubt that Merc is intelligent. 

11 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I misunderstood your post and for that I am sorry, I took it at face value.    It confused me  at the time as well, my bad, and  once again I apologize.

I accept your apology, and I appreciate it. Seriously, I've always viewed you as one of the more educated and more intelligent people on any web forum. I took your military experience into account too. I guess that I'll just add this to my long list of SNAFUs. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I accept your apology, and I appreciate it. Seriously, I've always viewed you as one of the more educated and more intelligent people on any web forum. I took your military experience into account too. I guess that I'll just add this to my long list of SNAFUs. ;) 

Me as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

From where I’m sitting simply getting rid of the delivery system changes a lot. No chance of our mainland getting nuked. That’s no small thing.

• Like 1