Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

1 minute ago, bison said:

Thank you for the correction.  I had forgotten the initial bombardment.  I was thinking of the months of continuing strikes that a feckless NATO took part in with U.S. recon and refueling assets.  I in no way think that what happened in Libya was a positive event.  It was brought on by the work of Obama's coterie of the three weird sisters:  Clinton, Powers, and Rice - against even his advice.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's the same country and the same foreign policy. Dems and Reps may differ when it comes to internal politics, but, with very few exceptions, their foreign policy is identical. It has been since WW2. 

Other countries in the world don't even bother hoping that one regime will be different from the other....

Huh, really?

Well, you just demolished the entire rational for Russian collusion with Trump. 

Will you be taking a break from that for a while? You know, just for a Decent Interval or something. B)

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

This is just hilarious: Trump cancels summit, due to NK stiffing the delegation in Singapore and threatening nuclear war (yet again). But, low and behold Kimmy now wants to still have the meeting. Let the ‘Art of the Deal’ commence.

Here's hoping that Kim the-next-one isn't as obtuse as Trump's domestic opponents, eh?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well, you just demolished the entire rational for Russian collusion with Trump. 

You obviously missed where I said:

with very few exceptions

Exceptions do, however, exist.

I would caution everyone, do not make the discussion personal. Stick to the subject matter (not one another). 

North and south Korea - should just continue with their talks see where they lead and present a joint position to the US.

ETA although as sovereign countries they would be under no obligation to do so.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, i like john Oliver, he is funny and right most of the time, as he is in this case,

What do you think North Korea wants from America? Trump canceled but N.K still wants to meet,why?What do they really want ?

Just now, Ellapennella said:

What do you think North Korea wants from America? Trump canceled but N.K still wants to meet,why?What do they really want ?

i do not really know, i think it is more complicated than just what nk wants something from usa,  but since NK still wants to meet, it means trump's strategy works, (which is basically an equivalent of walking out of dealership)

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 3:04 AM, Farmer77 said:

Pretty sure we just saw the POTUS and his faithful do this very thing with the Iran deal. :whistle:

Nuclear weapons shouldn't be on earth. Any nation that threatens to wipe a nation off the map if they had them shouldn't ever get them.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not really know, i think it is more complicated than just what nk wants something from usa,  but since NK still wants to meet, it means trump's strategy works, (which is basically an equivalent of walking out of dealership)

I know they want sanctions removed.  What VP Pence said was not proper to say. I don't know what he was thinking. If Trump can bring change in the world in a good way, like ending nuclear threats from regimes that would be a really good thing for everyone in the world. 

• Like 1

BEIJING — As the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, prepares for his meetings with the presidents of South Korea and the United States, China has found itself in an unaccustomed place: watching from the sidelines.

Worse, many Chinese analysts say, North Korea could pursue a grand bargain designed not only to bring the isolated nation closer to its two former Korean War foes, but also diminish its reliance on China for trade and security.

Such an outcome — a reversal of 70 years of history — remains a long shot, amid doubts about whether the North would agree to relinquish its arsenal of nuclear weapons. Still, China finds itself removed from the center of the rapidly unfolding diplomacy, and unusually wary about Mr. Kim’s objectives in reaching out to his nation’s two bitterest enemies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/world/asia/china-north-korea-nuclear-talks.html

• Like 2

Trump: North Korea summit could still happen on 12 June

"US President Donald Trump has said his summit with North Korea's leader could still happen on 12 June, despite earlier cancelling the meeting.

"We'll see what happens. It could even be the 12th. We're talking to them now. They very much want to do it, we'd like to do it," he told reporters."

Crikey!

It's getting more "Will they or won't they?" than Ross and Rachel in Friends... :unsure2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Crikey!

It's getting more "Will they or won't they?" than Ross and Rachel in Friends... :unsure2:

a bit like this... :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

LOL,

7 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Trump: North Korea summit could still happen on 12 June

"US President Donald Trump has said his summit with North Korea's leader could still happen on 12 June, despite earlier cancelling the meeting.

"We'll see what happens. It could even be the 12th. We're talking to them now. They very much want to do it, we'd like to do it," he told reporters."

Crikey!

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

^^ More proof of our American culture's influence on the rest of the world. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

~ vid snip ~

Triple like, just cuz for Jimmy Durante ... :yes:

~

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

More coins for the "Supreme Leader?"  More praises to their "Excellency Kim Jong Un."  More lending legitimacy to a country that is starving, and on the verge of collapse?  Maybe they want a Nobel Prize for Trump?  Pick one.  They are trolling Trump so hard, it's ridiculous.  Maybe they just want another cute breakup letter.

My guess is that they want the removal of sanctions, normalization of relations with other countries, everyone to look away from any atrocities, removal of US troops from the peninsula, economic aid (pallets of cash), public statements of how awesome they are (not kidding on this one), and to be able to keep some nukes as insurance.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

My guess is that they want the removal of sanctions, normalization of relations with other countries, everyone to look away from any atrocities, removal of US troops from the peninsula, economic aid (pallets of cash), public statements of how awesome they are (not kidding on this one), and to be able to keep some nukes as insurance.

It's a pipe dream.

Kim will be lucky to be a labourer at a Trump plaza in down town North Korea.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Agent0range said:

More coins for the "Supreme Leader?"  More praises to their "Excellency Kim Jong Un."  More lending legitimacy to a country that is starving, and on the verge of collapse?  Maybe they want a Nobel Prize for Trump?  Pick one.  They are trolling Trump so hard, it's ridiculous.  Maybe they just want another cute breakup letter.

I don't know exactly where the clip is that I seen but a reporter named John asked Trump on the WH lawn before he was about to board something  if he thought NK was playing games. Trump replied :"they all play games John"

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

It's a pipe dream.

Kim will be lucky to be a labourer at a Trump plaza in down town North Korea.

It's exciting that It's  Donald Trump doing the bidding and dealing in the world now like with  NK & China even Iran & Russia. The way I see it he's taking the right approaches needed. He's handling them well. So far everything he predicted came true. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

S.K and Japan do not want troops removed...China wants them removed .  With Donald Trump in office  they are paying America for our service being there.

9 hours ago, Agent0range said:

You were quiet as a church mouse when Kim was kicking mud all over Obama's perfectly creased pants and launching missiles over Japan  but as soon as someone gets the man to talk and stop launching missiles you get very, very angry and  upset, why?  I'd think a peace loving, leftist such as yourself would be happy the war drums are a little quieter but it is just the opposite!  instead of applauding the move you throw a tantrum in the corner like a spoiled and angry 5 year old,very odd behavior IMHO.

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Same thing with you.  You booed Trump when he set up the meeting and now you boo when it falls through.  WTF?  Aren't you embarrassed to act like such and angry little boy, booing the man no matter what he does?   Difficult to take people like you and orangey serious which is why I don't.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

You were quiet as a church mouse when Kim was kicking mud all over Obama's perfectly creased pants and launching missiles over Japan  but as soon as someone gets the man to talk and stop launching missiles you get very, very angry and  upset, why?  I'd think a peace loving, leftist such as yourself would be happy the war drums are a little quieter but it is just the opposite!  instead of applauding the move you throw a tantrum in the corner like a spoiled and angry 5 year old,very odd behavior IMHO.

Same thing with you.  You booed Trump when he set up the meeting and now you boo when it falls through.  WTF?  Aren't you embarrassed to act like such and angry little boy, booing the man no matter what he does?   Difficult to take people like you and orangey serious which is why I don't.

You really spend too much time worrying about what other people think.  Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you and you are just going to upset yourself when they disagree with you.

You also read way too much into statements.  I never booed the meeting,  I just called it a pipe dream.  And I haven't booed because it was cancelled, I merely snickered because really did turn out to be a pipe dream.   Look on the bright side, something could still happen to salvage it all and turn it into some miracle deal, then you can snicker at me.  I'm a big boy with thick skin, it won't bother me.  It's not like I haven't been wrong before in stuff that actually matters. (I bought GE stock a few years back).

But seriously, you should focus less on the posters on more on the topic.  Orange and I are literally just 2 out of seven billion voices.  He or anyone else in this forum could say anything they wanted about me or Trump and my life would still go on unaffected.  Talking on a forum is a good way to vent and express your opinions, it shouldn't be stressing you out or forcing you to take blood pressure medication.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I actually bought GE stock a few years back

Ouch.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Ellapennella said:

Any nation that threatens to wipe a nation off the map if they had them shouldn't ever get them.

By that logic we shouldn't have them since Trump did that to North Korea...

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 7:18 AM, Ellapennella said:

Out from under sanctions, a little food and prosperity for the great leader to dole out, but not too much so the North Koreans wont get restless and question their government.  Guarantees from one businessman to another that regime change is off the table and the Kim family business can continue for another generation.

What does Kim want, what does President Trump want? Same thing.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, aztek said:

but since NK still wants to meet, it means trump's strategy works,

Since the US and president Trump still wants to meet, it means the NK strategy is working.  Prestige and world acclaim, less dissent and more recognition at home good for leader's egos and family businesses.

• Like 2