Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un

F3SS

On 5/25/2018 at 7:26 AM, Ellapennella said:

Nuclear weapons shouldn't be on earth. Any nation that threatens to wipe a nation off the map if they had them shouldn't ever get them.

Go easy there.  Who has used nuclear weapons in war?  US.   Who is threatening total annihilation on North Korea and to crush Iran us.  You make us sound like the bad guys in this story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Merc14 said:
14 hours ago, Gromdor said:

My guess is that they want the removal of sanctions, normalization of relations with other countries, everyone to look away from any atrocities, removal of US troops from the peninsula, economic aid (pallets of cash), public statements of how awesome they are (not kidding on this one), and to be able to keep some nukes as insurance.

Same thing with you.  You booed Trump when he set up the meeting and now you boo when it falls through.  WTF?  Aren't you embarrassed to act like such and angry little boy, booing the man no matter what he does?   Difficult to take people like you and orangey serious which is why I don't.

I am not seeing this as so negative against President Trump.   Gromdor's statement seems pretty rational.  Obama's and Bush's policies moved us zero.  North Koreans have always played games.  They are still playing games.  We are playing the same games, its opening moves and throwing away pawns in a game of chess.  Trump and Kim may be evenly matched, Kim has the weaker hand, if President Trump waits him out, sanctions will get to NK, Kim has to try to get him involved one way or another. 

I think you will view my comments as much more negative.There were quite a few things I didn't like about Obama and I distrust Hillary as much as anyone.  I am not a Trump fan, I don't trust him, and I think his ego will get us into trouble.  

However, I have recognized this effort as a success and said so.  Tough positioning works well sometimes, being a pushover never does. 

The game has not been won by either side yet, but at least we are playing and not just watching from the sidelines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Since the US and president Trump still wants to meet, it means the NK strategy is working.  Prestige and world acclaim, less dissent and more recognition at home good for leader's egos and family businesses.

either way you look at it previous presidents did not get even close to that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Out from under sanctions, a little food and prosperity for the great leader to dole out, but not too much so the North Koreans wont get restless and question their government.  Guarantees from one businessman to another that regime change is off the table and the Kim family business can continue for another generation.

What does Kim want, what does President Trump want? Same thing.

Since the US and president Trump still wants to meet, it means the NK strategy is working.  Prestige and world acclaim, less dissent and more recognition at home good for leader's egos and family businesses.

If you don't mind me saying Tate. I like your posts. They are often well balanced and grounded. :tu:..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You really spend too much time worrying about what other people think.  Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you and you are just going to upset yourself when they disagree with you.

You also read way too much into statements.  I never booed the meeting,  I just called it a pipe dream.  And I haven't booed because it was cancelled, I merely snickered because really did turn out to be a pipe dream.   Look on the bright side, something could still happen to salvage it all and turn it into some miracle deal, then you can snicker at me.  I'm a big boy with thick skin, it won't bother me.  It's not like I haven't been wrong before in stuff that actually matters. (I bought GE stock a few years back).

But seriously, you should focus less on the posters on more on the topic.  Orange and I are literally just 2 out of seven billion voices.  He or anyone else in this forum could say anything they wanted about me or Trump and my life would still go on unaffected.  Talking on a forum is a good way to vent and express your opinions, it shouldn't be stressing you out or forcing you to take blood pressure medication.

No I am calling you both out on your blatant hypocrisy.    When I do post new info you and AO attack almost immediately and now I give a little bit back and you lecture me for three paragraphs on how to behave while also applauding your own behavior.  It is laughable.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

No I am calling you both out on your blatant hypocrisy.    When I do post new info you and AO attack almost immediately and now I give a little bit back and you lecture me for three paragraphs on how to behave while also applauding your own behavior.  It is laughable.

I just went back 7 pages on this thread.  You've talked about PP, EMM, Ninjadude, Orange, and I but not once did you talk about Kim or the subject.  What new info am I missing? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

If you don't mind me saying Tate. I like your posts. They are often well balanced and grounded. :tu:..

Exactly, what is he doing here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Just my take Hats. What's the prob ?

33 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Just my take Hats. What's the prob ?

A poor attempt at humour, he’s talking sense.... what is he doing in this thread if he’s talking sense?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

what is he doing in this thread if he’s talking sense?

Talking sense. 

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I like you guys and I like humanity in small doses.  A lot of the posts I read in initial frustration do cause me to do some research, so I am better off for it.  Everybody has something to say and one way or another it shapes our future. I don't worship leaders, don't need to take party lines.  I like the fact that people from all over the world participate in this forum.  Gives me hope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A poor attempt at humour, he’s talking sense.... what is he doing in this thread if he’s talking sense?

sorry Hats...seems I was having a 'well, duh' moment last night :rolleyes:....

it was a loooong day :yes:..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

sorry Hats...seems I was having a 'well, duh' moment last night :rolleyes:....

it was a loooong day :yes:..

I'm afraid I was partly responsible for that. It was fun to see you think I had lost the plot. :P 

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2018 at 7:15 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

:tsu::clap::yes:TATETOPA 2020!:yes::clap::tsu:

"Make America, America Again!"

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

A song ... a song ! This song ....

~

[00.00:26]

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

:tsu::clap::yes:TATETOPA 2020!:yes::clap::tsu:

"Make America, America Again!"

Haha... some of you guys here have got such a great sense of humour. It's so good to see...as being serious all of the time is bloody BORING :lol:..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Haha... some of you guys here have got such a great sense of humour. It's so good to see...as being serious all of the time is bloody BORING :lol:..

On that, I'm serious. :mellow:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

On that, I'm serious. :mellow:

Hiya , I'm Indifference , nice to meet ya too, On that, have we met before by any chance ?

~

• Like 1

Is it possible that El Trumpo and Lil’ Kim have already spoken and hashed out a deal and are just meeting to ink it?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is it possible that El Trumpo and Lil’ Kim have already spoken and hashed out a deal and are just meeting to ink it?

Yes, I suppose anything's possible. I have a feeling that they are going to become really good buddies too.

maxresdefault.jpg

:D..

• Haha 4

On a more serious note. Here is the latest tiddy-bit concerning this meeting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/28/politics/north-korea-trump-summit/index.html

Washington (CNN)A heightened level of presidential urgency is spurring discussions among American and North Korean counterparts two weeks ahead of an off-again, on-again summit between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un.

Officials described a high-stakes scramble, with an uncertain ending, as Trump presses his advisers to move ahead with the goal of meeting on June 12, despite concerns among top national security staff there isn't enough time to prepare. The President has publicly discarded those worries and sent signals he is intent on carrying out the talks he himself canceled only four days ago

• Like 1

Satellite Images Show North Korea Scrubbed Nuclear Test Site Before Unilaterally Destroying It

It’s not clear what, if anything, the truck seen at the tunnel entrance was carrying but Jeffrey Lewis, director of Middlebury’s East Asia Nonproliferation Program, suspects that the activity shown in satellite imagery depicted the North removing material from the test site.

“The only reason to sanitize the site is if you are planning on protecting national security information,” Lewis told The Daily Beast. “The North Koreans are still treating information about their nuclear weapons program as sensitive—that suggests North Korea is unlikely to hand over actual nuclear weapons.”

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, Tatetopa said:

Go easy there.  Who has used nuclear weapons in war?  US.   Who is threatening total annihilation on North Korea and to crush Iran us.  You make us sound like the bad guys in this story.

You're telling me to go easy because I said they should exist on earth ?   President Trump did not say that about NK  & I don't know why VP Pence did.  It would be nice if President Trump could fire him for that  but he can't.   I was never   a fan of Pence    how  anyone could be I dunno   knowing his close relationship with Ryan the rino  . 

Lets just hope North Korea does`nts send a peace maker like Japan did, but then attack Pearl Harbor :(

It seems that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad may also have plans in the works to meet up with Kim Jong-un in the near future.

If anything, I certainly find the timing of this news interesting. Especially in light of the 'now-on-again' meeting with Kim and Trump.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/outstanding-political-calibre-assad-plans-to-meet-wise-kim-jong-un-20180604-p4zj9m.html